Discovery Gaming Community
Buff Rotations - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Buff Rotations (/showthread.php?tid=120559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Buff Rotations - nOmnomnOm - 05-23-2015

It burnt out quick because the you know who were camping the lanes in Frankfurt whenever they saw someone come in that direction.
Player disconnected.
Player connected with the camping ship.

You could literally see the same ship being logged on once you got close to Frankfurt every time.

RE: Buff Rotations - Lythrilux - 05-23-2015

No one said smuggling was easy. Furthermore, I don't think they'd like the smuggling competition that isn't the same affiliation as them.

RE: Buff Rotations - nOmnomnOm - 05-23-2015

Yeah im just saying since you know why it burt out then dont act as if you are oblivious to it.

RE: Buff Rotations - WesternPeregrine - 05-23-2015

Good to know that the Rheinlanders had fun with it. I barely saw any ksp coming up while it is in effect (but I'm not omniscient, so there could have been Gallic and Kusari activity upon it).

Saw some of the "forumaje" traders, and the contraband ammo smugglers speeding through New Tokyo system a few times.

RE: Buff Rotations - Frederic - 06-06-2015

The booze route seems to have been taken down. I am wondering why? or rather why no new route has yet been announced. The routes are the only thing that brings one around sirius and let's one meet other people besides the few main ore routes.

RE: Buff Rotations - nOmnomnOm - 06-06-2015

Booze route was not even 2 weeks?
Why? What happened Tongue

RE: Buff Rotations - jammi - 06-06-2015

Presumably either because the profit margins were too high (700c/s!!!), or because it diluted activity instead of concentrating it. That's the problem with trans-Sirius loops, I guess.

RE: Buff Rotations - Garrett Jax - 06-06-2015

The profit margins for the booze route were fine. We try to keep it competitive with the profits earned by mining. The problem with the booze route is that it created other OP routes due to the commodities being sold at other locations. When an existing commodity is buffed, particularly a common one, it can have unintended effects. I think to make things simpler, the next buff will be a new event commodity, like Fromage or Apfelstrudel.

My goal is to set up another commodity buff, however I haven't had the time to sit down and think one up. Perhaps some in the community might be able to help me. My goals with each buff have been to make them so that they create activity for as many factions as possible. If you have an idea in mind, submit one here.

RE: Buff Rotations - Geoffacake - 06-06-2015

(06-06-2015, 02:35 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: My goal is to set up another commodity buff, however I haven't had the time to sit down and think one up. Perhaps some in the community might be able to help me. My goals with each buff have been to make them so that they create activity for as many factions as possible. If you have an idea in mind, submit one here.

Children of Malta need Video games! And since the Outcasts are not on good terms with most corporations that produce those AAA titles, they need other means to get them such as those bootleg copies sold on Ames research station.

Meanwhile a large influx of Outcasts, Lane hackers, Rouges, Golden Chrysanthemums have been sighted on Ames, trying to pick up a good whiff of Cardamine thats been hard to pick up recently due to security in the house systems, hoping to get some luck by finding a supply dealer in the dark corners of the station away from prying eyes, they're looking to pay sky-rocketing prices for them.

(Counterfeit software / Ames Research station) > (Planet Malta)

(Cardamine / Planet Malta) > (Ames Research station)

RE: Buff Rotations - FynnMcScrap - 06-06-2015

I was thinking about setting up some incentive for passenger routes, and enabling a central hub at Baffin / Brunswyck shrine.

Or with asking for buffs on fugitives or refugees, ect...

So far I always noticed that all the long routes / 2- or 3-way loops tended to have some hole through wich a OP short cut would be enabled. So the only way to ensure that players transport the stuff the long way would be to ask for screenhots with timestamps at some middle stop along the route ect.

If you really want to ensure that the stuff is transported along the route you would have to also ensure that any possibility of shortcuts is out of order, like adding 2 or 3 new event commodities at a time.

For excemple :

What about adding Apfelstrudel again at Stuttgart, buffing it at 2 ports in Gallia ( both royalist and Council ), then setting Fromage at 2 places max 1 system away from there ( again : both royalist and Council ) and letting this be bought at 1 major port in each big house for medium profits ( major house planet and 1 unlawful base ect. ) , and then offering "luxury bakery supplies" there for the next medium profit route back to stuttgart , ect....

That might work out like you want it to, even if it takes more work to set it up.

I would divide stuff in 3 categories :
  1. high range profit uniques ( like ores, to attract activity to a certain area )
  2. medium range profit tradings ( like the local alcohol, deviced to fill gaps in a 3- or more loop trading queue with soimething that can not easily be misused, but is available at several ports, both lawful and unlawful )
  3. medium range profit bindings ( trade stuff devised to be available at many ports , lawful, quasilawful and unlawful, but is used to channel the trade loop back to one or 2 central ports )

Also : I would like more ports like Leeds resistance camps : only reachable for freighters or smaller, so you need teamwork to fill up a transport. So far the resistance sattelite is the only such docking port I know about.

I´d love to get a buff on refugees and casualties , and perhaps for fugitives back to Liberty and Bretonnia.

On second thought : how about offering a third party like the Rogues the chance to buy the fuugitives for a medium price and sell slaves in the deal, while buffing slave price in Malta ? That would make quite an active multi - faction bundle.

;-)

Greets
Rob