Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map (/showthread.php?tid=101939)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Benjamin - 07-18-2013

yeah, bela and lonely, my issue with the JH is that it's good. yeah people won't like the long and dangerous route, that's why they don't take it. which is why I'm saying kill the short safe route.
I have never even seen an unlawful ship in Ontario, much less ever been pirated.
sure i could sit on it in my hypothetical gunboat. and do what, make people turn around at 14k? that sounds fun as hell.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Lonely_Ghost - 07-18-2013

No need to kill, just reduce income. Make long routes more interesting and challenging, with greater revard. Like 12-17M from simple 5Ker with simple goods.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Echo 7-7 - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 03:41 AM)Susan Miller Wrote: I'm confused...

If in 4.86 Oita system is connected with 2 Liberty systems (Ellesmere and Illinois) and 1 from Kusari (Hiroshima), in 4.87 this system will be connected only with Kusari (New Tokyo, Honshu and Shikoku). But... as I know, at least in 4.86, there are 2 local factions: Interspace Commerce and Liberty Security Force and also 2 bases: Renzu Shipyards and Wall Street Station.

Now I saw that in 4.87, Oita will be connected only with Kusari house and I suppose that Liberty Security Force will not remain in this system, right!? So... in 4.87, what local factions we could see in Oita system?

L.E. - Also, in its story (4.86v), Oita system is considered a home of the Independent Neuralnet Division (still a faction with origins in Liberty). So... what story will have this system? And how will be made elimination of the LSF faction from Oita system?

The LSF is not a faction "local" to the Oita system, so it's not like they're leaving.

Oita still retains the IND and Renzu Headquarters.

The NPCs present in Oita will be: IC, BD, GC, Hogosha - not necessarily in the same areas.

(07-18-2013, 05:21 AM)Ktayn Wrote:
(07-18-2013, 04:53 AM)Susan Miller Wrote: Still no jumgate connection between Colorado and Ontario?
Ageira Technologies has 4 bases... Pueblo in Colorado, Hamilton in Ontario, Leduc in Alberta and Detroit in New York. They are manufacturers of jump gate and trade lane parts so it's a little weird to see that there is no Jump Gate between Colorado and Ontario or at least a Jump Hole between New York and Ontario.

That actually makes tons of sense and I agree. Ontario-->Colorado would be neat. At least a gate construction site.

A Gate between Colorado and Ontario won't be constructed because it'd have too much of a short-cut effect which oorply draws activity away from NY and inrp means less taxes are gathered from Lane usage (eg. from travelling Kusari -> Liberty -> Bretonia).

NY-Ontario Jump Hole doesn't need to exist from a Dev perspective; it would wreck trade balance in the region. There are enough JHs in the region anyway.

What Gates that should have been constructed (and I've been asking for them for the last one and a half years) are Ontario-Alberta and Texas-Minnesota. I'm not system lead though.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Thyrzul - 07-18-2013

May I ask what the reason was behind moving Picardy, another potential hub of rebellion, to the "other side" of IDF, further away from Marne? This move actually hinders a good portion of our plans with the rebellion and barely helps keeping alive a dying faction such as The Council, which at least until now have managed to keep their officialdom, being the only unlawful faction in Gallia to accomplish such.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - farmerman - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 12:39 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: A Gate between Colorado and Ontario won't be constructed because it'd have too much of a short-cut effect which oorply draws activity away from NY and inrp means less taxes are gathered from Lane usage (eg. from travelling Kusari -> Liberty -> Bretonia).

I think it makes enough sense that a long term gate project could be established. A targeted completion date of 825 or something. Then it could both be disconnected but also have the logic of the gate being built.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Wiz - 07-19-2013

(07-16-2013, 09:54 AM)Hell Hunter Wrote: Lyonnais > Rishiri gate? :OO
Why are you surprised?!?!
It should be like this, Kusari and Gallia are pretty good friends now, and there should be another route connecting both of them other that that stupid tau route. This should increase the traffic between them! I think..

(07-16-2013, 09:54 AM)Hell Hunter Wrote: To point out: Virginia isn't linked with Texas anymore. No more Alaska>Minor route, damnit. Oita is finally linked with normal systems(Honshu, shik, etc) instead of Ellesmere

I like the Virginia move, yeah...Minnesota--->Virgina is nice.
But have you scaled down Minor? It's a real disaster!
And why no Jump Gates to Oita? It's a very important commercial center!

And yeah...I am against putting more buffer systems between the Outcasts and Bretonia...I mean... first you isolated the two Hispanic rivals from each other! Then you put more obstetrical on the Outcast Tau passage, Why?!?!

And that Tau-23----->Languedoc passage isn't the best thing..Come on!! How many fronts will the Brets have to defend on?!??!

And please excuse me if I am not so bright, but why can't we just cut down on the number on Omegas and Omicrons, we can barely witness any conflicts there, and these buffer systems just make it worse...

Come to think...What will be the purpose of Yukon now?..It's isolated from the world by Alabama!

but anyway, thanks to all the Devs, players, Admins and moderators....
And the map was nicely changed after all..we should always look at the full half of the glass!

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Kazinsal - 07-19-2013

Will Duesseldorf continue to be a Unioners guard system, or will it be opened up with just a large Unioners presence?

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Diana Dumitrescu - 07-19-2013

(07-18-2013, 12:39 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: The LSF is not a faction "local" to the Oita system, so it's not like they're leaving.

Oita still retains the IND and Renzu Headquarters.

The NPCs present in Oita will be: IC, BD, GC, Hogosha - not necessarily in the same areas.
The most informations in wiki are outdated and I wanted to understand what will be the situation with this system. Thanks for the clarification, Echo 7-7. Anyway, it seem that Liberty tends to be separated from Kusari. In 4.86, Oita (considered as a part of Kusari house) theoretical, is still direct connected with 2 Liberty's systems. Basically, in 4.87, the only link between these two houses will be made only through Kepler and Galileo, right!? It is possible, considering that Kusari, if I'm not wrong, will be in good relationships with Gallia, as Liberty, soon or later, eventually to become hostile with Kusari?

(07-18-2013, 06:41 PM)Ktayn Wrote:
(07-18-2013, 12:39 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: A Gate between Colorado and Ontario won't be constructed because it'd have too much of a short-cut effect which oorply draws activity away from NY and inrp means less taxes are gathered from Lane usage (eg. from travelling Kusari -> Liberty -> Bretonia).

I think it makes enough sense that a long term gate project could be established. A targeted completion date of 825 or something. Then it could both be disconnected but also have the logic of the gate being built.

(07-18-2013, 12:39 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: What Gates that should have been constructed (and I've been asking for them for the last one and a half years) are Ontario-Alberta and Texas-Minnesota. I'm not system lead though.
OK, just a personal opinion: Ontario is a relatively large system and is linked with Alberta. In these systems exist now two Ageira bases, right? So... I think that it would be logical an attempt to connect these systems through the construction of some trade lanes in Ontario, probably between California->Ontario JG and Alberta JH. It could result in a more significant presence of players in the Ontario system and as well as a long term gate project for a Colorado->Ontario gate construction site, as Ktayn mentioned above, is not meaningless and perhaps would represent in RP a obvious integration of the Ontario system in the Liberty space. This situation is similar to that of Kusari, where Nagano can be like Alberta and Rishiri, a kind of Ontario. I believe that by facilitating access in Ontario via trade lanes, could result in an increased interest also for Alberta.

But Echo 7-7 is more able to comment about what is good or not to be developed in Ontario, being involved in the Ageira faction. Anyway, I think that none of these changes will not be made in 4.87 and probably, it is a bit pointless discussion. I just tried just to emphasize a way to continue somehow, the role of the Ageira Technologies in this area. I remain at the opinion that a isolation of the Ontario system does not have positive effects.
Thank you.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - farmerman - 07-19-2013

(07-19-2013, 05:00 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: Will Duesseldorf continue to be a Unioners guard system, or will it be opened up with just a large Unioners presence?

I'm not aware of any changes here, but it'd be a good project for the future. Or moving of the bases and its removal, of course.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - aerelm - 07-19-2013

ยป Update: Removed a few deadend/empty systems and redid the overlapping jump paths.