Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - bluntpencil2001 - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:Britain = Kusari in your example. America = Bretonia. The Americans did not make it to London.

Bring it, blunt. I got all day.

Britain wasn't invading, it was a raid on the city. Regardless, this is an exercise in pedantry.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - darthbeck - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:Britain = Kusari in your example. America = Bretonia. The Americans did not make it to London.

in the war of 1812 we got the french to help us attack the brithish. but we dont need any help. maybe in rp we do but we have enough people to swarm all of the house's

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Zelot - 03-25-2009

I like this guy

we dont like you.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Benjamin - 03-25-2009

Wait what, war of 1812 here, how are britain kusari?

Is this some american school education being rolled out here?

...... just ignore us. unless we start shooting at you. okay?

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - ugliestmoose - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:Britain wasn't invading, it was a raid on the city. Regardless, this is an exercise in pedantry.

You're right, this is an exercise in pedantry.

This is a feedback thread, where people voice their concerns with the faction. People like Zelot brought up a legitimate point, and if all you can muster are smartass remarks then I guess I don't understand what you want from this thread.

Yeah, I get that you have some RP justifying what you're doing - but it's very poor RP. The only reason you can get away with it is that the KNF, AFA, and Hogosha are far smaller in number than the BAF player-wise; any Kusari within a sniff of Leeds gets mobbed by Bretonian forces, even though technically they own half the place.

Right now, you could stroll into almost any House system and do pretty much whatever the hell you want, because there's just not enough players to police every system at all times. But we try to refrain from that, don't we?

Would it kill you to move just one system over to Kyushu? Or Hokkaido?

' Wrote:You're right, this is an exercise in pedantry.

This is a feedback thread, where people voice their concerns with the faction. People like Zelot brought up a legitimate point, and if all you can muster are smartass remarks then I guess I don't understand what you want from this thread.

Yeah, I get that you have some RP justifying what you're doing - but it's very poor RP. The only reason you can get away with it is that the KNF, AFA, and Hogosha are far smaller in number than the BAF player-wise; any Kusari within a sniff of Leeds gets mobbed by Bretonian forces, even though technically they own half the place.

Right now, you could stroll into almost any House system and do pretty much whatever the hell you want, because there's just not enough players to police every system at all times. But we try to refrain from that, don't we?

Would it kill you to move just one system over to Kyushu? Or Hokkaido?

Why would I do that, when I want to hit their trade? The majority is in New Tokyo. Not my fault their military (and their criminals, apparently) is overextended, too busy attacking Leeds. That, and the Kusari don't seem to like building stations to guard their jumpgates.

They can try to stop us, but we seem to be good at avoiding them. Maneuver warfare.

The privateers have always done it this way, and complaints only seem to rise because folk can't be bothered to read IDs.

Just because you think that 'all forces should be repelling the attack in Leeds' doesn't mean we do. Some of us have a different strategy to the pitched battle.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Dieter Schprokets - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:Yeah, I get that you have some RP justifying what you're doing - but it's very poor RP. The only reason you can get away with it is that the KNF, AFA, and Hogosha are far smaller in number than the BAF player-wise; any Kusari within a sniff of Leeds gets mobbed by Bretonian forces, even though technically they own half the place.

When the Privateers first started in 2007, KNF was far stronger, and only has had lower numbers within the past half year or so. The privateers got away with it then too.

The actual strength of the factions now is also irrelevant anyway. There are only 14 total Privateer players, which is only a subfaction of BAF. There are 40 KNF members or more. (Including myself, I might add)

Basically, if KNF made a strategic decision to stop privateering, they could, since they have the strength.

(Interestingly enough, as a KNF, I do my part. The privateers have killed me twice this week.)

Any Kusari within a sniff of Leeds should get attacked. It is one system north of New London for crying out loud.

' Wrote:When the Privateers first started in 2007, KNF was far stronger, and only has had lower numbers within the past half year or so. The privateers got away with it then too.

The actual strength of the factions now is also irrelevant anyway. There are only 14 total Privateer players, which is only a subfaction of BAF. There are 40 KNF members or more. (Including myself, I might add)

Basically, if KNF made a strategic decision to stop privateering, they could, since they have the strength.

(Interestingly enough, as a KNF, I do my part. The privateers have killed me twice this week.)

Any Kusari within a sniff of Leeds should get attacked. It is one system north of New London for crying out loud.

Yup, and not only do we shoot the KNF, we also wave flags at them, yell at them, call their mothers names and generally distract them, whilst a pal is off causing trouble elsewhere.

We figure that if we can't fly terribly well, we can fly smart.

Also, stopping the privateers would involve shifting disproportionate resources from the Leeds front for the KNF. Score.:D