Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map (/showthread.php?tid=101939)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - SummerMcLovin - 07-19-2013

So we've lost Tau-63 and -42, Yukon, Touraine and Quebec. I guess the nearby Taus will get a little more crowded, although as far as I know the other three only had one base which'll be thrown into nearby ones.

Nice.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - belarusich - 07-19-2013

What will be with players who will stay in Yukon when 4.87 comes?

I have no idea what to expect*

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - xiphos - 07-19-2013

(07-19-2013, 12:09 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: So we've lost Tau-63 and -42, Yukon, Touraine and Quebec. I guess the nearby Taus will get a little more crowded, although as far as I know the other three only had one base which'll be thrown into nearby ones.

Nice.

Tau 63 and Tau 42 were empty player wise anyways. So no change in the Tau's at all i guess...

I meant a little more crowded with bases. I was wondering where they'd throw the Dragon shipyard especially.

There probably aren't too many people in these systems (the reason they are on the road to deletion I guess), might be simple enough just to teleport them somewhere nearby (or the time-favoured "throw them all on FP2!" strategy).

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Ryummel - 07-19-2013

(07-19-2013, 01:15 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: I meant a little more crowded with bases. I was wondering where they'd throw the Dragon shipyard especially.
(09-05-2012, 03:21 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: - The Mito shipyard is moved into Chugoku. The Mito addon has been split off (it was a seperate base entry) and moved into Honshu, near the Sigma 13 and Okinawa holes - it will serve as the BD/GC strike point into Sigma 13 from there. Tau 63 as an empty system has become a deadend, connecting only to Chugoku.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Echo 7-7 - 07-19-2013

(07-19-2013, 05:00 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: Will Duesseldorf continue to be a Unioners guard system, or will it be opened up with just a large Unioners presence?

The system appears to be unchanged.

Quote:... Basically, in 4.87, the only link between these two houses will be made only through Kepler and Galileo, right!? It is possible, considering that Kusari, if I'm not wrong, will be in good relationships with Gallia, as Liberty, soon or later, eventually to become hostile with Kusari?

The practical connections are still the same - Kepler and Galileo. Alabama-Fukuoka wasn't used by any faction I can name*, and Oita only really worked as a connection between two houses for IND, who had enough... leverage... with LPI to be able to fly through Illinois. Their ties with Renzu may have let them utilise Hiroshima.

*I tried it myself once on a Xeno-friendly character. Highly impractical.

Kusari's borders are open to Gallic corporate ships. Since Kusari's military was soundly thrashed by Gallia, if I were them, I'd be making the best of an unfortunate situation. The Rishiri-Lyonnais connection should speak volumes about future developments in that region.

The relationship between Liberty and Kusari will be a matter of very delicate politics. The changed connections are in no way an indicator of the relationship between the two houses, as they're more gameplay changes than roleplay ones.

Quote:But Echo 7-7 is more able to comment about what is good or not to be developed in Ontario, being involved in the Ageira faction. Anyway, I think that none of these changes will not be made in 4.87 and probably, it is a bit pointless discussion. I just tried just to emphasize a way to continue somehow, the role of the Ageira Technologies in this area. I remain at the opinion that a isolation of the Ontario system does not have positive effects.

To avoid any confusion, my comments about Gates that should have been buitl are simply a matter of opinion - not speaking on behalf of the Dev team. From a perspective as a long-time Ageira player, it makes sense to me, and as a Dev I personally don't forsee any adverse gameplay issues arising. However, that's not particularly relevant at this point in time, given how late it is in the dev cycle of this version.

This map was not posted so that people could make change requests - feedback on system design would be appropriate further down the track during the 4.88 development cycle. This is here so everyone can get a sneak peak of the changes to come before the alpha release; no further changes can be made for v4.87.

Quote:What will be with players who will stay in Yukon when 4.87 comes?

I have no idea what to expect*

For Yukon, just be docked on FP14 before the update.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - xiphos - 07-19-2013

(07-19-2013, 01:15 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: I meant a little more crowded with bases. I was wondering where they'd throw the Dragon shipyard especially.

There probably aren't too many people in these systems (the reason they are on the road to deletion I guess), might be simple enough just to teleport them somewhere nearby (or the time-favoured "throw them all on FP2!" strategy).

Oh. My bad then. Well, two bases of Tau 42 are going to Tottori and one to Honshu as far as i know. And as Ryummel mentioned above. The shipyard of the Dragons is going to Chugoku which makes a lot of sense...

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - belarusich - 07-19-2013

So I wont able to log any char in Yukon in 4.87?

What will be with people who, for example, starts to play after break and doesnt know about changes?..

Freeport 14 is being moved to another system, all characters in Yukon will be there and can undock in this new system.
And before you ask, no I don't know where Freeport 14 is being moved to.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Benjamin - 07-19-2013

man those dudes who've been working on the Chugoku gate for like 40 years are probably going to have a bad day at the office when their boss sees that the other guys made a rishiri gate in thirty seconds