Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - mjolnir - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:And I wasn't flaming. It was tildomann throwing the bad language around.

:lol:

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - bluntpencil2001 - 03-25-2009

Genius retort.

Who's next?

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Rudo - 03-25-2009

All right, all right. You can stop complaining already.

The Congress will come and deal with the naughty AFA for you, you silly buggers. We've been getting rusty lately.

' Wrote:All right, all right. You can stop complaining already.

The Congress will come and deal with the naughty AFA for you, you silly buggers. We've been getting rusty lately.

You should be able to find them in Kusari.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - MarvinCZ - 03-25-2009

Now please, slow down a bit. Why do I have to read 4 pages because of this?

I believe all the questions and problems put forward were successfuly answered (long ago). If you want to bring new points, please do so.

I also ask the BAF not to bring AFA/Hogosha ZOI into this. I know why we don't do it at other times - because BAF just sucks it up, and it isn't like we couldn't cope with KNF, AFA, Hogosha and random assorted caps in Leeds. Bringing it up as an answer to questions about Privateers isn't really a good discussion tactic though.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Rudo - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:You should be able to find them in Kusari.

I have no issue with the Hogosha/AFA wreaking havoc in Bretonia myself. There's a war on, they're more or less partisan hatchet men for the Emperor and thus you can expect them to be working as shock troops on the supply lines.

I'm less impressed if they're actually running up and fighting the Brets alongside the KNF, but that's how things sometimes boil down.

On an unrelated yet on-topic BAF-related note: Tell your battleships to stop chasing my Molly's Werewolf. I want to roleplay, not be some strawman Kill Message e-peen generator.:P

' Wrote:On an unrelated yet on-topic BAF-related note: Tell your battleships to stop chasing my Molly's Werewolf. I want to roleplay, not be some strawman Kill Message e-peen generator.:P
Is this our players' larger vessels?

We'd appreciate being told more about this so we can sort it out.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Athenian - 03-25-2009

When the odds start out even and you start losing ships, it can seem like you're getting mobbed. But in fact, you're getting beaten. There's a difference. If you wade into a fight against a enemy with the odds stacked against you, you will most likely lose. You should expect that. The Bret-Kusari frontier is a war-zone. In an ideal world, senior officers should exercise restraint (i.e. players should know better than to really cheese off another player by allowing less considerate players to gank someone, but even very experienced players do this from time to time). But you can't win every fight you are in. You simply can't. Be gracious enough to admit defeat when you are defeated.

For god's sake, this ridiculous flame war is a replica of the one caused by battles in Tau 31 getting out of hand and not for any RP reasons - it was people getting annoyed about rp insults; thinking fights were unfair; complaining about allies popping up out of nowhere. How the hell do you expect civility to each other in game when you can't deal with each other with civility in real life? If the KNF send militias into Bretonia to carry out attacks on commerce, watch for the reaction. That might have been a more appropriate RP response than having it out here.

I honestly don't know enough about the Hogosha or AFA to comment on zoi's. The AFA did strike into Bretonia before (long time back) and that was fine and dandy. Much more exciting than sitting at Birmingham scanning cargo all day.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - MarvinCZ - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:On an unrelated yet on-topic BAF-related note: Tell your battleships to stop chasing my Molly's Werewolf. I want to roleplay, not be some strawman Kill Message e-peen generator.:P
I may be wrong, but this may be about me...

Was it about the HMS Pendragon at Stokes? If so, I will explain further.

I'm certainly happy for KNF to blow up traders and whatnots, but now that I know more about various Kusari groups, I think it should be KNF (or Samura) ships doing this, as opposed to nationalist xenophobes. I can see Hogosha doing illegal dealings in the Taus, but extorting all sorts, Kusari and foreigner alike. They're supposed to be a very corrupting influence. If they were demanding 'protection money', I'd think it was cool.

Hey, I think they should all join KNF because, you know, they need it.