Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (22nd Sunday January, 20:00 UTC) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (22nd Sunday January, 20:00 UTC) (/showthread.php?tid=146357)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (13th to 15th January, 20:00 UTC) - Shaggy - 01-14-2017

This is -not- a discussion thread, this is infact a feedback thread, take it else were please.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (13th to 15th January, 20:00 UTC) - TheShooter36 - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 06:15 PM)Wesker Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 06:13 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: Where is the fun if you all log snubs and carpe diem CR and C snubs all the time and win the event 100 : 10 at max?

There should be cap fights as well no matter how unskilled or skilled guys you have. We dont have 1092839128301938 uberskilled cap guys too, at most we have 4 or 5

Skill is irrelevant with caps in this mod, or its much LESS relevant than it was thanks to the cerberus nerf and mortar changes and buffs to the already superior light battleships in group combat balance changes by the dev team. The valor is trash in group fights and duels now, the only way it really works is if you mount 2 heavy mortars or engine kill up to enemies with cerbs. Even then, you're still at a disadvantage.

You cannot argue 2 skilled valor pilots can take on a swarm of motivated zeyphrs and redemptions.

did i said about 2 valors vs loads of zephyrs and redemptions? no. GRN has indie base and valors are still formidable. Yes they arent OP killing ships anymore, you can always spam your obstinates with triple missiles Smile))

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (13th to 15th January, 20:00 UTC) - Luka - 01-14-2017

I believe the issue is being exaggerated.

The event isn't supposed to be a cap or snub event like to ask for one side to play one of either. If you have an issue with one side logging caps, log bombers; if they log snubs, log gunboats. Simply use the "counter" to their ships, it would not only keep everyone able to fight each other, but the constant ship-change would allow people who were taken out to log in again. It happened in the LN vs GRN side and helped keep the game going.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (13th to 15th January, 20:00 UTC) - Omi - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 06:07 PM)Thunderer Wrote: The frog navy needs to improve its relations with its indie caps, or at least stimulate them. Hand out medals, for example. Call them to raid with you, don't leave them behind on the battlefield, even if you are losing, find ways to advertise yourself. Bashing into the party, being all exalted like the Eiffel Tower with a proportionate ego bubble at the top and saying you will kill everyone, doesn't help. You are the antagonist, but antagonists are usually cunning and can do good propaganda. Make yourself look good. Make it fun for other people to fly with you, not only against you.

We've had decent indie-official relations for years in the past, but it's never been my personal area of concern simply because I'd rather play without caps on either side. I leave all the indie cap coordination to people like Wesker, Antonio, or (in the past) Timmy because I don't know the first thing about commanding them and I truthfully couldn't care less about being expected to CD 24/7 for a fleet of entitled Valors, which has been my general experience as a snub pilot in these 'thrilling' mixed engagements.

I don't think we treat our indies badly, but they are unreliable at best and downright uncommunicative at worst. Half of them are the same sort of people who think keeping New York on lockdown with a fleet of Scyllas and gunboats while farming blue messages is great fun, and to be honest again I have zero interest in dealing with that sort of mindset even when it's on my own side.

(01-14-2017, 06:23 PM)Vendetta Wrote: And my experience wasn't overly negative. The only thing wrong with flying a GRN indie is that you're up against six or so caps while trying to duke it out with snubs that continuously run to the caps for support. There's genuinely nothing fun about that, and I'm probably not going to log for the event if it's going to keep happening, because I honestly can't be bothered to spend money on a valor/obstinate or whatever to have six caps cruise up to me and go guns blazing. There is genuinely nothing appealing, motivating or entertaining about it.

#DeltaWasBetter

[color=#eb35be]Considering you'd sooner see me banned than give me the time of day, I was genuinely surprised to see you show up on the GRN side. It looks like you've gotten the general impression of how things have gone, do go, and will go in future already, though.

Delta was and is better - I said as much on TS yesterday, as I'm sure you and everyone else in the channel heard. From what I saw in the coordination Skype chat for this event, I was under the impression it had been delayed until the 20th on account of the ongoing Zoner drama. I don't understand the rationale behind forcing this lackluster event series ahead over an ongoing Omicron crisis that is both organic and about ten times more interesting than the same old types of fights I've been getting sick of for years. Almost all the organisation and story benefit and everything else from this event is both being pushed for, drawn up, and being given to CR and Council anyway - I'm not sure what GRN is meant to be offered besides losing an empty system (which I don't really care about) and some more stale pews the likes of which haven't changed since 2014 at least (which I also can't really be bothered with, if I'm honest).

Lastly, all I'll say is that Wesker's last post is half-right. It's a combination of both the "xd gallia sucks" meme forcing its way into reality and the simple fact that when people do try to fly GRN indies (hello Vendetta), half the time their experience is so unfulfilling due to a variety of factors (outnumbered, cap spammed, etc) that I really can't blame them for not wanting to try it again. Unless people are expecting me to throw the official GRN| tagged Valors out to indies in order to boost numbers - I'm not quite at that level of desperation yet, mostly because I couldn't care less about the iRP or ooRP outcome of this event series - I don't know what you want me personally to do. The point at which I'd consider my own enjoyment secondary to the health of the faction or something like that has long since come and gone after years of digging through the same sh*tshow that is trying to keep Gallia even slightly alive, and I refuse to even consider the idea of encouraging fights to swing more towards being cap-focused on account of it ruining my personal enjoyment.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (13th to 15th January, 20:00 UTC) - Vendetta - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 06:39 PM)Omicega Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 06:23 PM)Vendetta Wrote: And my experience wasn't overly negative. The only thing wrong with flying a GRN indie is that you're up against six or so caps while trying to duke it out with snubs that continuously run to the caps for support. There's genuinely nothing fun about that, and I'm probably not going to log for the event if it's going to keep happening, because I honestly can't be bothered to spend money on a valor/obstinate or whatever to have six caps cruise up to me and go guns blazing. There is genuinely nothing appealing, motivating or entertaining about it.

#DeltaWasBetter

Considering you'd sooner see me banned than give me the time of day, I was genuinely surprised to see you show up on the GRN side. It looks like you've gotten the general impression of how things have gone, do go, and will go in future already, though.

Delta was and is better - I said as much on TS yesterday, as I'm sure you and everyone else in the channel heard. From what I saw in the coordination Skype chat for this event, I was under the impression it had been delayed until the 20th on account of the ongoing Zoner drama. I don't understand the rationale behind forcing this lackluster event series ahead over an ongoing Omicron crisis that is both organic and about ten times more interesting than the same old types of fights I've been getting sick of for years. Almost all the organisation and story benefit and everything else from this event is both being pushed for, drawn up, and being given to CR and Council anyway - I'm not sure what GRN is meant to be offered besides losing an empty system (which I don't really care about) and some more stale pews the likes of which haven't changed since 2014 at least (which I also can't really be bothered with, if I'm honest).

Lastly, all I'll say is that Wesker's last post is half-right. It's a combination of both the "xd gallia sucks" meme forcing its way into reality and the simple fact that when people do try to fly GRN indies (hello Vendetta), half the time their experience is so unfulfilling due to a variety of factors (outnumbered, cap spammed, etc) that I really can't blame them for not wanting to try it again. Unless people are expecting me to throw the official GRN| tagged Valors out to indies in order to boost numbers - I'm not quite at that level of desperation yet, mostly because I couldn't care less about the iRP or ooRP outcome of this event series - I don't know what you want me personally to do. The point at which I'd consider my own enjoyment secondary to the health of the faction or something like that has long since come and gone after years of digging through the same sh*tshow that is trying to keep Gallia even slightly alive, and I refuse to even consider the idea of encouraging fights to swing more towards being cap-focused on account of it ruining my personal enjoyment.

On the contrary, this isn't the first time I've played on the Gallic side before. Even years prior I gave it a try, but back then things were a lot different.

I still don't care much, and I've known how hard its been playing as what everyone sees is the antagonist. I'm in the antagonist Nomad faction and have learned to cope with constantly being outgunned and outnumbered every time I log in to the point I have accepted that my purpose as a nomad is to exist solely as other people's entertainment of playing the heroes. If I really wanted to I could adopt a similar attitude for playing the GRN.

But I won't. (sun)

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (13th to 15th January, 20:00 UTC) - TheShooter36 - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 06:39 PM)Omicega Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 06:07 PM)Thunderer Wrote: The frog navy needs to improve its relations with its indie caps, or at least stimulate them. Hand out medals, for example. Call them to raid with you, don't leave them behind on the battlefield, even if you are losing, find ways to advertise yourself. Bashing into the party, being all exalted like the Eiffel Tower with a proportionate ego bubble at the top and saying you will kill everyone, doesn't help. You are the antagonist, but antagonists are usually cunning and can do good propaganda. Make yourself look good. Make it fun for other people to fly with you, not only against you.

We've had decent indie-official relations for years in the past, but it's never been my personal area of concern simply because I'd rather play without caps on either side. I leave all the indie cap coordination to people like Wesker, Antonio, or (in the past) Timmy because I don't know the first thing about commanding them and I truthfully couldn't care less about being expected to CD 24/7 for a fleet of entitled Valors, which has been my general experience as a snub pilot in these 'thrilling' mixed engagements.

I don't think we treat our indies badly, but they are unreliable at best and downright uncommunicative at worst. Half of them are the same sort of people who think keeping New York on lockdown with a fleet of Scyllas and gunboats while farming blue messages is great fun, and to be honest again I have zero interest in dealing with that sort of mindset even when it's on my own side.

#DeltaWasBetter

[color=#eb35be]Considering you'd sooner see me banned than give me the time of day, I was genuinely surprised to see you show up on the GRN side. It looks like you've gotten the general impression of how things have gone, do go, and will go in future already, though.

Omi if you gonna be that unmotivated and careless about your faction, simply give it to a willing guy. You are doing same old talk for at least 1 year if i kept track of it correct. And if you dont want to pew CR and Council for some reason say it open instead of rolling wall of texts about your oh-so-nonexistent "unreliable" indie base and numbers as excuses

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (13th to 15th January, 20:00 UTC) - Thunderer - 01-14-2017

The froggies need to man up a bit too. They might get outnumbered sometimes, but they are the best of the best. Like Spartans. The Spartans never whined, instead they brushed their hair, put on their makeup and committed mass murder on the Persian army. I'd rather fly with the latter than with the prior. If I was made an exception and didn't have to put on makeup, of course.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (13th to 15th January, 20:00 UTC) - Pepe - 01-14-2017

Two players are enough to boost any indie activity anywhere, in case one of them is Thunday. They did it once in Leeds, it was awesome, but later it started chain-reaction. Suddenly everybody had a Valor. Both GRN and LN/BAF were flourishing, battles were HUGE, with minimum tears.

But then, while Thunday was on the vacation, some jerk gathered all the caps of one side and put 3 PoBs on the torch - on the other side. I will not name anyone, ofc. What was done - was done.

So, goawayThunday, no more freakin' musketeers, or no more vacations for ya.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (13th to 15th January, 20:00 UTC) - Shaggy - 01-14-2017

Okay so we are going to try again, CR have a large fleet and it is a MIXED fleet. We believe Thunderer and Cannabis are both on GRN Indies with other GRN indies present.

RE: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (13th to 15th January, 20:00 UTC) - Pepe - 01-14-2017

We Gallic indies are logged for the event. Would at least some of our officials be so kind to log too and lead us in our efforts, please?

I'm a bit scared too. It's 25 min after appointed time already and enemy might not wait more.