Discovery Gaming Community
SCRA Recruitment Centre - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Coalition Government Portal (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=461)
+------ Forum: Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=473)
+------ Thread: SCRA Recruitment Centre (/showthread.php?tid=17515)

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Sanford2 - 02-13-2011

Yuri did not even flinch after having a bullet pass by his ear. He then looked up at the colonel to respond.

"Sir, you should not put your trust in me alone. I can not bring our message of equality for all to Sirius on my own. It is only through our combined effort that we can accomplish this goal. One thing you can count on though, is that I will always give ,any civilian I meet, the truth about how corrupt their government is and how it is up to them to right the wrongs done to the working class."

"As to your question about what makes me so special, I can only say that I am no more special than any other citizen of the Coalition. We are all equal. Some have skills in certain areas that others do not. I have been called charismatic and good at improvisation as an example, but that does not make me any better than a factory worker or a farmer."

"Basically, I believe I have the skills necessary to make me an asset to the fighter wing, but, in accordance with our beliefs, I am no better than any other man. I just fight for what is just and right."

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Tabris - 02-13-2011

Ben scoffs and shakes his head.

"You?" he huffs while sneering at him. "charismatic...You've been called that. Most likely by your grandmother trying to make you feel better after she had to wipe your nose!" he shouts, standing up and pointing the pistol right in his face, yet not pulling the trigger.

"You say you want to do it for the people?" he questions, suddenly flipping the pistol so the handle is extended towards Yuri.

"Prove you have what it takes, Prove to me you can take an order no matter how insane it sounds but most of all, prove to me that I can trust you to do the job." he challenged him, a smirk on his face as he stares at him from behind his spectacles.

"Shoot me, I know you want to, I'm mocking your dreams, challenging your character, questioning your motives, you want to hit me, hurt me badly for perceived crimes against you, here's your chance to prove me wrong about you...Are you a Man...Or a slave to cowardice?" he questioned harshly, waiting for him to take up his challenge.

Yuri looks at the pistol for a moment then picks it up and rests it in his lap.

"I have no grudge against you, sir. You have ordered me to shoot you and considering you outrank me, I must do so."

Yuri stands up and aims the pistol at Col. Warner's shoulder.

"I do this only because you have ordered me to."

Yuri pulls the trigger, which releases the hammer to strike the firing pin.

However when he pulled the trigger nothing happened, Ben chuckled and shook his head.

"Rule Number One, always make sure the safety is off...Rule two, always shoot to kill unless ordered otherwise." he commented, grabbing the pistol out of his hands and flicking the safety off.

"You get partial points for obeying, however not full due to aiming for my shoulder and forgetting the safety." He commented before turning the pistol towards Yuri, squeezing the trigger he shot him in the shoulder.

A spray of blood and a cry of pain was heard immediately after the shot sounded out. Ben chuckled as he looked at his pistol.

"Painful no?" he asked before returning to his seat, putting the pistol on the table.

"Now you have motivation to kill, will you do it, or be a little mouse?"

Yuri, under the assumption that Warner's statement was an order, grabbed the pistol off the desk with his free hand, turned off the safety, aimed for Warner's heart, and pulled the trigger.

Amusingly there was no shot, only the empty 'click' of an empty cartridge.

With a small smile he nods his head.

"I only put in one bullet into my pistol, I had expected to expend it on your head, still I'm impressed, actual intent to kill." he commented, slight pride in his voice as he stared at the still bleeding Yuri with a smile on his face.

"Some times you will be given orders that do not agree with you, however we all must obey for the greater good, one must be capable of following orders with the maximum amount of effort and loyalty to the cause." he lectured while casually grabbing the pistol and returning it to his holster.

"So Mr Popov, how does it feel to obey orders to kill a man?" he questioned the man, he was very calm, almost as if he never had ordered the other man to kill him in cold blood.

Yuri is stunned at this point.

"How.... how did you know?"

Yuri regains his composure, but remains standing so he does not bleed on the chair.

"I must admit at first it was hard to even want to shoot you, but after being shot myself; I had no reservations about it."

Still cringing from the pain of his wound.

"It is hard to fathom killing an officer in cold blood. I know there may be times I will be ordered to kill someone like that. I must not hesitate like I did as I won't have a second chance. This time I hesitated and look what happened. You could have easily shot and killed me instead of shooting me in my shoulder."

Yuri takes off his jacket and ties it around his wound to apply pressure to it.

Nodding Ben finished off his tea.

"I know how to make people angry, even angry enough to try to murder me." he commented as if talking about JiangXi's weather.

"It is never easy to kill, however we are all called upon to perform the act for the greater good, you may even be called upon to shoot an Officer whose turned traitor, a close friend, even a family member, however we must do it in order to survive as a nation...Hesitation leads to death, do not second guess yourself, show no mercy to our enemies...This keeps us alive out here in the Omega Systems." He states, standing up and straightens his uniform.

"Mr Popov, I have one final question for you, if called upon would you even kill your Commanding officer whom you've trusted, fought alongside and shared meals with for the good of the Coalition?"

"When I walked into the office earlier, I most certainly could not have. After what has transpired since then, if it was for the good of the Coalition, I most definitely could, sir. Without a moment of hesitation."

As he looked the man in the eyes he nodded.

"Very well Mr Popov, there is but one last thing you must do before I can accept you into our ranks." he replied as a Marine walked in with a Data Pad which he hands to Ben who hands it to Yuri.

"Go back into the waiting room and fill out this paperwork, once your done it shall be looked over and the final decision shall be made if your worth our time training." he commented, brushing his shoulders as the Marine left again.

"Do not make a fool out of me by giving you this chance, remember, details details details, they can be the difference between life and death, show yourself out please Mr Popov." he ordered, giving a brief salute before reseating himself, waiting for him to leave.