Discovery Gaming Community
Developer Notice: Cloak Changes Trial Phase - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Developer Notice: Cloak Changes Trial Phase (/showthread.php?tid=118261)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Developer Notice: Cloak Changes Trial Phase - Kirill - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 06:10 PM)Vredes Wrote:
(08-28-2014, 05:50 PM)Advent Wrote:
(08-24-2014, 09:27 PM)Vredes Wrote: The one thing I've agreed with Igiss, cloaks shouldnt have been introduced in the first place, but here is not the place for that. We are talking about balance. 30 secs charge on light cloaks thats all. The rest seems fine.

I smell VHF addict from whom cloaked bomber escaped now he is crying his CROCODILE tears out because the easy prey didn't want to give him blue message, so sad *sniff* *sniff*.

Sure I can agree with that propostion but in turn, give immunity to be countered by CD spam. So you get 30 seconds to kill unshielded bomber in your VHF, or you can cry your crocodile tears again because you didn't managed to kill that easy prey within 30 seconds.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, give Light Cloak infinite duration, because 30 seconds charge, and Light Cloak lasts a bit longer than 30 seconds.

30 seconds isnt enough to kill a bomber with full regens and etc. I dont know in which sirius have you been living, but it is not this one for sure.

30 seconds is enough to CD him and disrupt cloak.

RE: Developer Notice: Cloak Changes Trial Phase - Binski - 08-29-2014

(08-28-2014, 06:10 PM)Vredes Wrote:
(08-28-2014, 05:50 PM)Advent Wrote:
(08-24-2014, 09:27 PM)Vredes Wrote: The one thing I've agreed with Igiss, cloaks shouldnt have been introduced in the first place, but here is not the place for that. We are talking about balance. 30 secs charge on light cloaks thats all. The rest seems fine.

I smell VHF addict from whom cloaked bomber escaped now he is crying his CROCODILE tears out because the easy prey didn't want to give him blue message, so sad *sniff* *sniff*.

Sure I can agree with that propostion but in turn, give immunity to be countered by CD spam. So you get 30 seconds to kill unshielded bomber in your VHF, or you can cry your crocodile tears again because you didn't managed to kill that easy prey within 30 seconds.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, give Light Cloak infinite duration, because 30 seconds charge, and Light Cloak lasts a bit longer than 30 seconds.

30 seconds isnt enough to kill a bomber with full regens and etc. I dont know in which sirius have you been living, but it is not this one for sure.

It is if you have a Cruise Disruptor. Someone was saying anyone can avoid a fighter for 30 seconds? Oh really? If that were the case, no one would ever need countermeasures. Its the same problem as trying to get to cruise while evading an enemy's CD. 9/10 times you're gonna get hit, with a cloak its even more sensitive. On Nomad cloaks, you have 30 seconds to make sure you land another CD hit, every 30 seconds. If you can't kill them by the time you're out of CDs, the only way a Nomad will get away is if they managed to get outside the range of your CD (max 3.5K of a Reinforced CD) long enough to cloak. Times it will be easy, times it will be hard. It could be the difference of paying attention for a few seconds more or not, but that's life in Sirius.

RE: Developer Notice: Cloak Changes Trial Phase - Thyrzul - 08-29-2014

(08-29-2014, 12:05 AM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: Someone was saying anyone can avoid a fighter for 30 seconds? Oh really? If that were the case, no one would ever need countermeasures.

Avoid =/= escape. You need countermeasures (or cloak) to escape it, to avoid all you need is to maneuver in a way your opponent won't hit.

RE: Developer Notice: Cloak Changes Trial Phase - NoMe - 08-29-2014

i use the cloaking to escape and i prefer that it stay like it.

i repeat me, but this engine have a real cost! a small it's around 120millions, and when you need to cloak, it's when almost your reload are used.

an idea, a long range scan for fighters who are irritated to see their prey disappear!

price for this thing buyable in pob, 130millions Wink

in the *père noël* land, you can see a simple wasp uncloak a ship.

really, i don't see why we ask this question! a cloaking is a cloaking.

RE: Developer Notice: Cloak Changes Trial Phase - Rebirth - 08-29-2014

+1 for nome's idea

RE: Developer Notice: Cloak Changes Trial Phase - White - 08-29-2014

(08-29-2014, 12:05 AM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: If you can't kill them by the time you're out of CDs, the only way a Nomad will get away is if they managed to get outside the range of your CD (max 3.5K of a Reinforced CD) long enough to cloak.

Let me add one more thing to Reinforced CD, it can disrupt targets who are 4k away!
Because it has 550 meters AoE(area of effect) upon explosion. Tested it with friend, I was 4k away from him(used EK as CD disables EK too), and my EK was disabled.

RE: Developer Notice: Cloak Changes Trial Phase - aerelm - 09-21-2014

Thank you for your input everyone. Here's a relevant notice:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=120906