Discovery Gaming Community
Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. (/showthread.php?tid=134557)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 01-24-2016

- Well... Those creatures here are quite interesting. Sure, they aren't human-sized dragonflies of Gaia, but still something to behold. - third roar, this time closer. Flora reached into the grass again, somehow able to tell where all the little bugs were hiding. - Look at this, for example. - she raised a tiny centipede with glowing antennae. it quickly wrapped itself around her index finger, slightly waving it's glowing antennae. - Why is it glowing? Why does it lack any claws or mandibles? What does it feed itself with? Or, even, why did it wrap itself around my finger? I'm trying to figure all the things. That's all that's going through my head when I focus on it. - fourth roar, far away.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 01-24-2016

With a thoughtful expression Sean started mumbling, seemingly to himself, but loud enough so that Flora can hear him - Well, I doubt that you can answer for sure what is it glowing without taking this bug to some lab or something... Claws and mandibles I imagine are directly connected to the next question, which you'll need to watch them a bit longer to know, but I imagine it's a grass or leaves. As for the last question I have no clue... I doubt that it's trying to warm itself up... Any thoughts on that? - he quiestioningly looked at Flora.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 01-24-2016

Another roar, just a few kilometers away.

- Some good assumptions. But I'm more inclined to think it simply doesn't want to fall on the ground, no matter how plain and unimpressive that sounds. - she moved her hand closer to Sean. - Want to hold it?

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 01-26-2016

- No, I am more curious about this approaching noise. - Seans look started scanning the sky from specks as he rose on his feet - I suppose our guests are near... - after a few moments of silence he added with a thoughtful look - Or are they hosts on this party, as this is their planet... - the seeming optimism that was on his face quickly faded - I already don't like the sound of that...

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 01-26-2016

- Sound of what? - prolonged silence followed. She looked up at him with concern on her face. A thin howl from the direction of the sea could be heard after a couple of seconds, only to fade abruptly moment later.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 01-26-2016

- Did you not hear the roars? - his eyebrows went on his forehead as he looked down at Flora but immediately turned into an annoyed squint - You sure are into nature...

Realising how pathetic the the words he said sounded with the howl he rubbed his forehead with half playful, half embarassed smile - I swear I am not crazy, these roars could be heard for quite a while now...

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 01-26-2016

- Well, of course I have heard those roars. They were coming from very far away, though. So I ignored them so far. - she got up. Yet another roar reached them, this time definitely coming from just a few hundred meters away. And above. Flora almost instantly turned herself to the source, listening for any other sounds.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 01-28-2016

- Oh, so you are not completely oblivious to anything around you when studying nature? - he chuckled just before the last roar. Instantaneously he pressed his head into his shoulders and started looking around cautiously - So what is so special about this hour?

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 01-28-2016

- It's dark. I dare to suppose that makes them feel safe enough to come back after we scared every single one away with our ships. I hope they ate well during the day... - she smirked slightly, looking away from Sean, into the sky. After a moment of observation, she again opened her ship, swiftly climbing the extended ladder. Flora then began to search for something inside.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 01-28-2016

- Shouldn't they sleep? I don't know any species that hunt both day and night. - while still looking in the sky he slowly and slightly clumsily backed to Flora's ship, then turned and started looking for her instead - What are you doing?