Discovery Gaming Community
Jumping out of combat... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Jumping out of combat... (/showthread.php?tid=123727)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Jumping out of combat... - titanbot - 12-23-2014

(12-16-2014, 05:51 AM)Scourgeclaw Wrote:
Why the ***** is it not a PVP death when a player jumps out of combat?
The way it is now, someone could feasibly jump out of combat, repair, and return to the fray fully restored. Oh wait.. it isnt just a feasible possibility, it happens
constantly

upwards of 5 times in a row

Theres no way to justify this rapid repair inRP
Theres no reason it should be allowed
its been exploited into the ground
and it's getting annoying

So please: Someone give me a damn good reason that this isn't a rule.

I'll be over here, waiting.

Jump drives and Cloaking Devices have opened up the possibility of using elaborate battle tactics, and it further enforced the need of "balanced" fleets.

I myself have killed many jumpers. If you QQ about it, then you probably try and you do something wrong. That's not a reason to get frustrated, if you do the same thing over and over, while expecting a different result, then my friend you should try to learn the meaning of the word "adapt".

Sanctioning this because you can't get your blue is, well, wrong. It'd be nice to try different things before you jump to such conclusions.

Regards,

titanbot

RE: Jumping out of combat... - mrliberty90 - 12-24-2014

While I admit it's a really cheap move, what else would you do in real life? If there was a safe haven for you IRL and you were about to explode, you wouldn't just stay outside because people think it's a cheat. Besides, you can do the exact same thing if you had a JD.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Lythrilux - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 09:57 PM)mrliberty90 Wrote: While I admit it's a really cheap move, what else would you do in real life? If there was a safe haven for you IRL and you were about to explode, you wouldn't just stay outside because people think it's a cheat. Besides, you can do the exact same thing if you had a JD.
Please tell me that you're being sarcastic and that you did not just try to justify jump drives with a real world analogy.
If you're getting shot at, there's no magical button which you can press to escape.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Hidamari - 12-25-2014

CD's as jump drive inhibitors

job done, thread closed, tears drained.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Fluffyball - 12-25-2014

(12-24-2014, 11:15 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 09:57 PM)mrliberty90 Wrote: While I admit it's a really cheap move, what else would you do in real life? If there was a safe haven for you IRL and you were about to explode, you wouldn't just stay outside because people think it's a cheat. Besides, you can do the exact same thing if you had a JD.
Please tell me that you're being sarcastic and that you did not just try to justify jump drives with a real world analogy.
If you're getting shot at, there's no magical button which you can press to escape.

Battlestar Galactica (show) - noRP engagements, rulebreaking, returning after pvp death. Someone would be happy to give sanctions to "players" there. Tongue

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Carlos De La Cruz - 12-25-2014

(12-25-2014, 12:39 AM)Hidamari Wrote: CD's as jump drive inhibitors

job done, thread closed, tears drained.

That what I'm saying! Agree in 100%!

Quote:Battlestar Galactica (show) - noRP engagements, rulebreaking, returning after pvp death. Someone would be happy to give sanctions to "players" there.

It's quite hard to RP with beings that can't talk you back... :-D

Of course they were sanctioned: i.e. Maam President: permanent ban. Cool

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Fluffyball - 12-25-2014

(12-25-2014, 01:21 AM)Carlos De La Cruz Wrote: Of course they were sanctioned: i.e. Maam President: permanent ban. Cool

^ LMAO +1

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Veygaar - 12-25-2014

STOP NERFING STUFF!

jeesh...

...a little variety in your life and you're all up in arms that things didn't go your way a few times.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Carlos De La Cruz - 12-26-2014

There is no problem with variety. The problem is with powerful feature that can not be countered. In this kind of games non counterable feature is wrong one.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Black Widow - 12-26-2014

Liberty have finally caught on to the idea of using Jumpdrives in combat and are even employing similar tactics to Rheinland in jumping out before dying.

So I guess we are all as bad as eachother now, no need to discuss this any further. Time to put it to bed.

Remember the saying rings true: "If you cant beat em, join'em"