Discovery Gaming Community
Thoughts That Win - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Thoughts That Win (/showthread.php?tid=14101)

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 03-10-2009

"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority." - Ralph Washington Sockman.

"It doesn't take a majority to make a rebellion; it takes only a few determined leaders and a sound cause." - Henry Louis Mencken.

Thoughts That Win - Xoria - 03-11-2009

You can dress a toad with satin, bells, and whistles, but at the end of the day it's still just a slimy croaker.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 03-17-2009

"The superior man is the providence of the inferior. He is eyes for the blind, strength for the weak, and a shield for the defenseless. He stands erect by bending above the fallen. He rises by lifting others." - Robert Green Ingersoll.

Thoughts That Win - Xydonus - 03-17-2009

"Some do not realise the power of the mind... Psychology warfare is just as potent and important as a tactic than anything else that can be used on the battlefield"...

"Always remember, that Nukes, weapons of mass destruction, ride forth after words have been exchanged... not prior, in this... Words are the essence of destruction"

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -Geoffrey F. Abert

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."-Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even."-Muhammad Ali

^^ Love that saying...

"I made one great mistake in my life-when I signed the letter to President Roosevelt recommending that atom bombs be made but there was some justification-the danger that the Germans would make them."-Albert Einstein

""Science may set limits to knowledge, but should not set limits to imagination."-Bertrand Russell

And last one...

"It often takes more courage to change one's opinion than to stick to it."-Geoffrey F. Abert

Thoughts That Win - Dieter Schprokets - 03-17-2009

"I was delighted to be able to answer promptly. And I said I did not know."

Mark Twain

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 03-17-2009

"There is nothing so annoying as to have two people talking when you're busy interrupting." - Mark Twain.

Thoughts That Win - Dieter Schprokets - 03-17-2009

"Do not go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It got here first."

Mark Twain

(Challenge to Nooblet to continue Mark Twain Spam)

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 03-18-2009

"Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself." - Mark Twain.

(This is not spam.)

Thoughts That Win - Xydonus - 03-18-2009

One of my favourite quotes...

"Some people see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Also quoted by Ted Kennedy at Robert F Kennedy's funeral.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 03-22-2009

"The plainest sign of wisdom is a continual cheerfulness: her state is like that of things in the regions above the moon, always clear and serene." - Michel de Montaigne.