Discovery Gaming Community
Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=115762)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback ( Lore in progress) - Vicho Deivis - 05-31-2014

Ok then. Good luck with that xD

RE: Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback ( Lore in progress) - Coesse - 05-31-2014

Insisting that all players that enter space you happen to be in that they have to "donate" to your cause is just plain crap....Just another excuse so you can blow people up for no reason.
If you are going to roleplay at least make it semi believable and acceptable. Donate or die that's just plain not good.

RE: Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback ( Lore in progress) - Vendetta - 05-31-2014

You were passing through Corsair territory in a Spatial, doing nothing but "look around". InRP, you weren't contributing to the Cretan empire, therefore you had no reason to be in Gamma. We pirated you, you ran, you died. The fee, as I recall it, for passing through Corsair territory while empty is 500,000SC.

RE: Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback ( Lore in progress) - Coesse - 05-31-2014

Like I said you just wanted to blow me up so you invented some crap reason on the spot.
You don't own Gamma your not even an official faction, so since when do you get to make the rules up as you go along. Where are your RP rules for your areas of operations displayed?

Oh btw next time you try demanding money from someone..you might want to look at their ship/level...."taxing" a character that doesn't have any really isn't a good idea. But at the end of the day you went so quickly from telling to stop to threatening to kill, you were never interested in anything but killing me anyway.
Seeing this more and more on this server, your not after the RP just the easy kill

RE: Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback ( Lore in progress) - Vendetta - 05-31-2014

You got pirated, you ran, you got shot. I'm not sure how this is a big issue for you, but that's how piracy works. If you didn't like the interaction, then maybe flying around in the Omicrons isn't your thing. It's a rough galaxy out there.

RE: Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback ( Lore in progress) - Jack_Henderson - 05-31-2014

An indie group that does roleplay on forums, offers good roleplay when encountered ingame (3 times now, 1x on TBH, 2x on BPA). I am seriously impressed. Keep it up. You are doing well!

RE: Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback ( Lore in progress) - Lyoko-core - 05-31-2014

(05-31-2014, 08:32 AM)Coesse Wrote: Like I said you just wanted to blow me up so you invented some crap reason on the spot.
You don't own Gamma your not even an official faction, so since when do you get to make the rules up as you go along. Where are your RP rules for your areas of operations displayed?

Oh btw next time you try demanding money from someone..you might want to look at their ship/level...."taxing" a character that doesn't have any really isn't a good idea. But at the end of the day you went so quickly from telling to stop to threatening to kill, you were never interested in anything but killing me anyway.
Seeing this more and more on this server, your not after the RP just the easy kill

While they may not be primary, they can tax you for being in Gamma. For example, I was on a Raven's Talon about a year ago and I got stopped by an indy with a cruiser and he still taxed me for being in Cretan space.

InRP the Corsairs don't take 'explorers' or 'sight seers' lightly and normally remove them if they are not there to help the empire.

Anyways besides that, I've enjoyed RPing with you guys so far, even on my AI. Keep up the great work

RE: Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback ( Lore in progress) - Sath - 05-31-2014

One of your members uses a lot of F bombs. In connecticut, telling me a coward and to frak off, several times, for TSing and while proceeding to kill his dreadnaught in my cruiser, that, after we agreed to fight.

Tell Suns|Dreadnaught.Sombra that using F bombs multiple times is not nice and sanctionable Smile

Well. That's not okay. I know exactly who it is, and I'll deal with it.

EDIT: Matter was resolved peacefully. Shouldn't happen again.

RE: Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback ( Lore in progress) - |nfrared - 06-01-2014

(05-31-2014, 05:51 AM)Coesse Wrote: Insisting that all players that enter space you happen to be in that they have to "donate" to your cause is just plain crap....Just another excuse so you can blow people up for no reason.
If you are going to roleplay at least make it semi believable and acceptable. Donate or die that's just plain not good.

Actually this is exactly what other factions do (one example is Rogues), and while Corsair Laws dictate that trade should be encouraged, asking for a donation should be no problem, even expected. Corsairs are a struggling bunch after all.

However, I don't agree with trade ships being destroyed if they don't comply, particularly if they are headed to Crete. Interfering with trade vessels like that is in direct breach of Corsair law. I suggest a revision of the Laws of Crete found here http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8584&pid=552018#pid552018

So yes, they can ask, but they can't blow you up if you say no.

(05-31-2014, 08:32 AM)Coesse Wrote: Like I said you just wanted to blow me up so you invented some crap reason on the spot.

Then I read this part and I am like, well what do you expect man? Your Spatial is not a trade ship. You are wandering around in a combat capable vessel with a flimsy excuse for being in the Corsair home system. To be clear, ALL Corsairs own Gamma. If you have any problems with any of this, I suggest you read the Laws of Crete as well. Sounds like they were following them to the letter (although the demand could have perhaps been "Leave" instead of "Pay" but this is a minor point really).

Should probably point out I'm not a member of this faction, although I am a member of The Brotherhood.