Discovery Gaming Community
Jumpdrives - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Jumpdrives (/showthread.php?tid=122323)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Jumpdrives - tothebonezone - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 05:05 AM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: Okay.

Smaller craft.

Fighters, bombers, gunboats.

You know, to make wars fun and accessible.

RE: Jumpdrives - Sath - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 04:51 AM)Saronsen Wrote: Jumpdrives are still worthless for jumping smaller craft due to the fuel demands and the cargo sizes.

While at it, the above quoted is a major issue as well. Fuel demands for the JD4 for are simply too high, making it a necessary thing to fetch fuel via transports. Can this be looked into as well, making it more usable for fleet jumps, just like how the radius was increased?

RE: Jumpdrives - Sciamach - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 05:47 AM)Saronsen Wrote: Smaller craft.

Fighters, bombers, gunboats.

You know, to make wars fun and accessible.

Roger. Will haul scrap exclusively in light fighters.

RE: Jumpdrives - DarkLord-the-Dark Sage - 10-30-2014

Just curious , does this Jumpdrive afair efect only the JD4 or does it efect the JD3 as well?

RE: Jumpdrives - Lythrilux - 10-30-2014

Woo hoo! It's good to see that all those posts against jump trading finally amounted to something. Thanks Admins.

RE: Jumpdrives - AceofSpades - 10-30-2014

Are barges now considered properly nerfed or are these going to be followed up on in another way as well?

Limiting the ridiculous power to jump oversize transports from place to place is excellent, and it so happens that will make it much easier to properly balance these ships. Since their roles are being affected considerably already it would be helpful to have an idea of what the concept is headed for, it makes more sense to me that Barges in our time would be conceptualized for large-scale supply or short-range movement, and it'd be nice if they were still applicable for such uses.

RE: Jumpdrives - SnakThree - 10-30-2014

It was said that Barges being additional Storage for PoBs wasn't the intended role for them.

Thought this might be fixed by disallowing Barge to dock with PoB and moving them out of them.

RE: Jumpdrives - tothebonezone - 10-30-2014

Right, just make Barges have actually zero uses at all.

What are they once they can't dock on stations? They cruise slower than a Cruiser thrusts, and flying them anywhere is a nightmare.

They're oversized paperweights at this point.

Also

(10-30-2014, 06:00 AM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: Roger. Will haul scrap exclusively in light fighters.

Not related to what I was talking about at all, but please continue being dumb.

RE: Jumpdrives - Thyrzul - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 09:07 AM)Saronsen Wrote: Right, just make Barges have actually zero uses at all.

That actually happened years ago. Barges were intended to be either a storage for more amounts of cargo than any ship can usually hold or RP platform. Since then bases happened, with Storage Modules. What's so hard in understanding this?

RE: Jumpdrives - Vulkhard Muller - 10-30-2014

Though I will miss the days of Barge Jumping I look forward to this new era for one reason. The Economy may be properly balanced now, not reflecting the insistence that everyone everywhere is going to power barge jump trade.

My Expectations:

High Commodity Prices over all
More Rp logical trade routes ( Such as Hfuel/Deut (Oki/49)

Are these unfounded? No, Will they hopefully happen? Xoria here my cry make this happen!

Anyway off to work at slave-mart Big Grin