Discovery Gaming Community
WE DID IT REDDIT!!! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: WE DID IT REDDIT!!! (/showthread.php?tid=134542)

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - kenshin156 - 04-16-2016

To be honest, Core actually has some potential to be a faction with high quality roleplay, neat interactions and a lovely goal with a pinch of superciliousness.
The problem - it seems - Core is having is it's way too loose restrictions. Another encounter today showed exactly this. 2 Cruisers of hostile affiliation (AI) are at around 9k distance to the Freeport.
Not harming anyone. Just casually transmitting a few statements regarding the happenings in the system.
And then, a few moments later the scanners update. 7 Core contacts, 2 of which were Battlecruisers, 1 Mako, a bomber and 3 Fighters. Against 2 AI Cruisers. One of them even not fully equipped with a capital armor upgrade.
And that's the problem. Core may have started as a fun and fair faction, but it turned into a group of gankloving blue-seekers. And you really cannot try and deny that.
Almost everyone of the many fights with Core end with a multitude of capital ships going against an inferiour amount of enemies. A fight you simply cannot win. Even with skilled players.
And the problem is that there are literally NO restrictions to what player can fly what ship, and there are no restrictions in terms of ganking.
I've never seen a Core player say "lay off, boys. I'm sure XXX.XXX can handle that one on his own".
It is simply a thing of fairness that I miss. And I'm not the only one, rest assured.
The worst thing - and I hope I'm not "cyber-bullying" with this - is that the Leader, Lythrilux comes off as caring and understanding, when you talk to him about these issues, but either he just brushes that off or it's a "mask" he puts on to not get in trouble as much.
Will there be change after you adress him? Hardly. Or it will return to former standards in a matter of days, if even.
There are no repercussions for literally ruining other people's fun by providing unfair fights and the reluctance to do roleplay.
The last Core Players I really had fun roleplay with were Chuba and Nyx, back when she was still part of the Core.
I really want to call unto Lyth and for one more time beg him to actually try and make a sustainable change in terms of Capital Ship count in fights, fairness in fights and roleplay.
After all, this is a roleplay server, and PvP & Blue Messages - even though also necessary - should not be the main thing for anyone to focus on.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - Triple Hazard Pay Inc. - 04-16-2016

----- ----

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - Mephistoles - 04-16-2016

I'm going to need you to provide a DSAce log of me saying that, otherwise I consider your lies and slander as you engaging in oorp harassment against me.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - Jayce - 04-16-2016

[16.04.2016 21:08:28] Death: Aimbot was put out of action by Core|WV-Danger.Zone (Gun).
[16.04.2016 21:08:39] Aimbot: [Report] # filed

Not really a good precedent, even if you didn't say the (frankly hilarious) dildo.exe. :3

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - Mephistoles - 04-16-2016

I don't see how that is explicitly ooRP. Looks perfectly inRP to me. I'll be sure to be recording next time you try to no-RP instakill me, though.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - Lythrilux - 04-16-2016

@kenshin156

I apologise and was fully expecting a complaint. The people I can be responsible for (actual Core| members; Jayce, Wesker and Exodite) acted completely wildly, and went off on a tangent and would not listen because they didn't actually believe I was playing (for the past few months my FL has been broken, and I've only been able to fix it today). Eventually things calmed down, but the people who weren't in Core| and where either using oru shareds or were on indies would not listen. Because of that it was very hard for me to keep things under control. Some individuals on the Teamspeak rallied together and logged Core indies en masse with the intent of ganking <PRIME>, and some of them had access to Core| accounts when they shouldn't (cough cough Impy) because one of my HC gave them out accidently, and I will remedy this as soon as the admins are able to unlock my shareds. The Core|WV-Thresh.Prince is also no longer in Core, as well as the Core|Sealion. Those ships are supposed to be untagged.

Basically things got out of control and unfortunately I was unable to calm things down. If you saw I did try to keep things controlled inRP and ooRPly but I failed. I apologise for this and I will try to remedy the issue. All I can really be here is apologetic.

In regards to your things about restricitons, Caps are actually restricted in Core. Most of the Caps that were present there were indies.

[16.04.2016 21:07:24] Core|WV-Danger.Zone: Jess: Well, I mean, if I wasn't horny enough already, I will be shortly. Courtney, target the AI and let 'er rip, babe!
[16.04.2016 21:08:28] Death: Aimbot was put out of action by Core|WV-Danger.Zone (Gun).

Looks like plenty of RP and time to respond to me.

Not the encounter I'm talking about. But speaking of precedents, your horny RP is a pretty good thing to bring up in your faction's feedback thread. Saves someone else from having to do it.

You shot me while I was shooting Order and O'Rhu.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - Sol - 04-16-2016

Jayce, pls stop having your way with underage boys every 2 line in your RPs.

Edit: Forgot to add. Meph is in that category.