Discovery Gaming Community
Core the new Gallia? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Core the new Gallia? (/showthread.php?tid=138953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Omi - 05-05-2016

Cute to see that the anti-Gallia circlejerk is still going as strong as ever - and as usual, it's from people who couldn't give a toss about the place, know absolutely nothing about Gallic RP or Gallic characters beyond their own narrow worldview, and would sooner put their hands over their ears and hum loudly to drown it out rather than even begin trying to understand what it's about.

As for why Gallia (and GRN| in particular) doesn't bother to try and 'fill the role' that Core| is doing now - if you look at the stress involved in coordinating the overburdened Core| side (something which everyone hamming up their 'defenders of humanity' schtick on the Zoner side is conveniently forgetting about/not having to deal with), I think it's more than evident as to why I and many others aren't willing to put ourselves through that.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Laura C. - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 08:43 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: The Core might be a small faction in itself, but the current situation shows how much influence it has.
Definitely must have a lot of influence when when house military instantly jumps in to help them.
Without talking to the respective inRP government by both of them.
And even despite that military is breaking their own house laws by this stunt.
What a strong influence they must have...

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Corile - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 09:04 PM)Omicega Wrote: if you look at the stress involved in coordinating the overburdened Core| side
^^^^^^^^^^

This.

I have a lot of respect to Lyth for being able to put up with all this mess and not losing his sanity.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Karst - 05-05-2016

Core the new Gallia? Hah, they wish.

The difference here is simple. Gallia is a potential existential threat to Sirius because, simply put, they have the numbers to back it up.
They have population and resources that rival or at least approach those of all houses combined, and that makes them such a force to be reckoned with.

Core, meanwhile, are if anything more like the Phantoms: small in number, but hyperaggressive and ruthless.

But let's not talk about the Phantoms.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - sindroms - 05-05-2016

So you are saying we should...replace Gallia with Phantoms?
I like.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Jeremy Hunter - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 09:17 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 08:43 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: The Core might be a small faction in itself, but the current situation shows how much influence it has.
Definitely must have a lot of influence when when house military instantly jumps in to help them.
Without talking to the respective inRP government by both of them.
And even despite that military is breaking their own house laws by this stunt.
What a strong influence they must have...
The LSF is not working overtly to assist them; it committed a logistics convoy and a small amount of ships to help the Core, while the Liberty Navy has remained silent on the matter and let the events play out. As LNHC...we just like to watch and see.

What the LSF is doing is underhanded and sneaky, like they should be doing.

What the RM is doing is not the best in my view, but it is their choice. They shall reap what they sow.

I just hope we all have fun.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Thyrzul - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 09:18 PM)Protégé Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 09:04 PM)Omicega Wrote: if you look at the stress involved in coordinating the overburdened Core| side
^^^^^^^^^^

This.

I have a lot of respect to Lyth for being able to put up with all this mess and not losing his sanity.

I'm not really convinced that Lyth should be respected for Core being able to endure what they brought upon themselves. I thought it is pretty much a standard, reap what you sow.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Black Widow - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 10:18 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 09:18 PM)Protégé Wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^

This.

I'm not really convinced that Lyth should be respected for Core being able to endure what they brought upon themselves. I thought it is pretty much a standard, reap what you sow.

and we are reaping it quite well so far Wink. What a harvest it has been! I just wonder how the season will continue to fair.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Shiki - 05-05-2016

Core acted as they would act at my opinion, as for Zoner side... I have nothing against the Corsairs/AI or the Coalition trying to get the upper hand in the moment when balance have been changed. Personally I tried to yell at Coalition and Corsairs on my Outcast when we stayed at the Freeport to turn it how it suppose to be. And that was the Core's choice to attack IMG/ALG/CR convoy and so on. Again I seeing this steps as acceptable from the Core RP position.

And I think it would be the large media drama in Sirius indeed, because news about the Gallia maybe became boring.

[Image: 4caCVB2.png]

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Jeremy Hunter - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 10:41 PM)Sheekochan Wrote: [Image: 4caCVB2.png]

Auxesia would be the Maquis.