Discovery Gaming Community
Insurgency retexturing: Battleship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+---- Thread: Insurgency retexturing: Battleship (/showthread.php?tid=180844)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Insurgency retexturing: Battleship - Groshyr - 06-16-2020

Just out of wonder, what do you think about light blue + original liberty battleship textures?

RE: Insurgency retexturing: Battleship - Czechmate - 06-16-2020

These seem the best out of the blue ones, actually looks good - still Brown or red should be preserved.

Like I said - the ship seems like a madman glued it together, I feel like having "cohesive" normal liberty texture colouring doesn't fit the overall philosophy of the model

RE: Insurgency retexturing: Battleship - Reeves - 06-16-2020

Looks good to me, certainly more pleasant on the eyes than the original. I do think the brown bits need to go, they don't really add anything beyond being odd.

RE: Insurgency retexturing: Battleship - Kazinsal - 06-16-2020

Would be interested in that + the darkened textures. The lore of the Arbiter somewhat makes it inherently a less perfect, clean ship than most Liberty capital ships are. The design of the ship overall reflects that; it's way more angular and aggressive than the Overlord or Osiris, yet still recognizably Libertonian in origin, no matter how distant it may be.

As an aside, an interesting idea would be to take the general idea of the Arbiter and "smooth it out" so to speak to make it look more like a traditional Liberty capital ship. You'd likely end up with a good idea of what a Spyglass would have looked like were it not represented originally with with a Star Wars capital ship.

(06-16-2020, 10:31 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: Would be interested in that + the darkened textures. The lore of the Arbiter somewhat makes it inherently a less perfect, clean ship than most Liberty capital ships are. The design of the ship overall reflects that; it's way more angular and aggressive than the Overlord or Osiris, yet still recognizably Libertonian in origin, no matter how distant it may be.

As an aside, an interesting idea would be to take the general idea of the Arbiter and "smooth it out" so to speak to make it look more like a traditional Liberty capital ship. You'd likely end up with a good idea of what a Spyglass would have looked like were it not represented originally with with a Star Wars capital ship.
Yeah to keep consistency I'd say
1) Keep it as it is, the model and philosophy just make it better
=> Need the out of place brown/red style to reflect that
2) Smooth it out, make it more cohesive to look more like standard Liberty line
=> Put standard Liberty colours on

Question is
What do we want Lore-wise? A standard lib heavy BS that looks cohesive, or a unique ship that's all over the place?

I'd vote for latter - it's different than other ships, and Liberty already has standard looking heavy BS in Atlantis

RE: Insurgency retexturing: Battleship - Exodus-Freight - 06-16-2020

Personally I vote on V2, it add's a Red VS Blue "vibe" to the story between Liberty and the original Hellfire Lore I think?

It would get a bit boring if all ships become seemingly the same colour types, the only difference would be the lights lol

I could be wrong on this but that's how I stand on the thread.

Well we are the 2 most active arbiter players in the game by far, it's settled then Big Grin
Thank you for your work Groshyr

(06-16-2020, 11:00 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote: Well we are the 2 most active arbiter players in the game by far, it's settled then Big Grin
Thank you for your work Groshyr

+1 @Groshyr

ON another note, Would it be possible to see the colours reversed in a sense, with a Black Hull & White Strip setup? - Curiosity really

RE: Insurgency retexturing: Battleship - Groshyr - 06-16-2020

It is possible and I will try to do it for you later. Just poke me in Discord about this, like, this evening or better tomorrow