Discovery Gaming Community
Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships (/showthread.php?tid=196857)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Karidon - 08-14-2023

There are actually drone ships that can be used like that for RP purposes, but the Camera Ship is considered OORP and using it as a tool to coordinate your fleet while you already died would metagaming to the maximum.

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - DrengrCo - 08-14-2023

I stand corrected then, camera ships should be denied since they are OORP.
However, there are scanner drone ships in the game for which my point is valid.
Otherwise, what's the point of their inclusion?

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Sally - 08-14-2023

(08-14-2023, 06:30 PM)DrengrCo Wrote:

Then camera ships should be denied since they are OORP.
However, there are scanner drone ships in the game for which my point is valid.
Otherwise, what's the point of their inclusion?

Your point makes no sense here since this is discussing allowing players being pvpdead to log a camera ship and use it to watch the rest of the fight.

Drones, as you frame them, exist inRP and if you get shot while in one of those you're pvpdead and can't relog and return to the fight using those, camera ships can't be engaged no matter what, camera ships can't be used inRP either, as stated in their infocard.

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Sally - 08-14-2023

As for the poll itself, I'd say this is de-facto allowed already, if you're present oorp, it doesn't matter whether you're pvpdead or not.

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - DrengrCo - 08-14-2023

My point was intended to mean that a ship that cannot fire and is used only for observation being used as an InRP battle drone, killing a single drone would not remove the players ability to launch another.

(08-14-2023, 06:40 PM)DrengrCo Wrote:

My point was intended to mean that a ship that cannot fire and is used only for observation being used as an InRP battle drone, killing a single drone would not remove the players ability to launch another.

Pvpdeath is pvpdeath, regardless if you used a drone or not. If your logic was applied everyone would just use drones for everything (including combat capable drones, which are a thing) and constantly reengage/return to the system to collect inRP intel circumventing pvp rules.

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Megaera - 08-23-2023

Just ask someone with you in the voice chat to stream the fight for you if you are in a group battle.

Other than that, most big battles have a couple of people recording the fight anyway.

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Couden - 08-23-2023

A 100% no. After pvp death and taking a camera ship you've become a RTS game master where you can say what to do and who is better target to kill.