Discovery Gaming Community
Orex Industries - Official Faction Request - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+----- Thread: Orex Industries - Official Faction Request (/showthread.php?tid=202103)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Orex Industries - Official Faction Request - Max Morse - 03-10-2024

This seems like a rather sudden push for officialdom from a Zoner group that has done almost no forum RP excluding asking people for docking rights on their POBs. You seem to at least intend to do more of this in the next few months, but I hope you'll understand if it is rather concerning. Having a universal engagement line in Earhart is also extremely strange when all other players can already demand that non-allies hand over the materials found there when in system. It also seems odd for an Iridium extraction group to be looking for such a generic attack line against literally everyone. Particularly when you have absolutely no RP basis for asking for this at the time of posting.

RE: Orex Industries - Official Faction Request - Orex Industries - 03-10-2024

It isn't sudden at all, we've been doing a fair bit of RP in game and on the forum and it's not all, as you say, asking for docking rights on people's POBs. We'll do our RP as we like, be that about POBs or whatever else, the fact that you might not like it, is your opinion and you're entitled to it.

As for the Earhart bit, we are Iridium extraction group and we present ourselves as such (inRP), we aim to develop more than just that, therefore the requested ID line will help us achieve that.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, or if you find any more things strange and/or concerning, we're here for you.

(03-10-2024, 06:32 PM)Orex Industries Wrote: It isn't sudden at all, we've been doing a fair bit of RP in game and on the forum and it's not all, as you say, asking for docking rights on people's POBs. We'll do our RP as we like, be that about POBs or whatever else, the fact that you might not like it, is your opinion and you're entitled to it.

As for the Earhart bit, we are Iridium extraction group and we present ourselves as such (inRP), we aim to develop more than just that, therefore the requested ID line will help us achieve that.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, or if you find any more things strange and/or concerning, we're here for you.

Okay, sure, but how exactly does having a line that allows you to engage everyone that isn't a Zoner in Earhart give you the potential to form RP about this any better than the already current lines regarding Earhart. This sounds like putting the cart before the horse. If your group were to have any roleplay already done in regards to this then it would make a lot more sense to ask for it on your ID as a result of that, instead of asking for it to be on your ID purely to allow you to more easily roleplay the scenario.

You certainly could first do the RP and then put in the request for the ID line or do what we did, it's pretty much the same, reason being - we'll either way have to wait three Months. So, we decided to put the requested ID out there and then, as we're waiting for those three Months to pass, do the necessary RP that would justify the requested line. Do you understand now?

RE: Orex Industries - Official Faction Request - Ashyur - 03-10-2024

I have no problems with AI generated content, this will become normal in the nearest future, however only 4 communication thread almost identical, secrecy about who's behind the faction and an open engagement line without no rp backing it up?
if this is today's standards for official factions,let me know so I can apply too

(03-10-2024, 06:53 PM)Ashyur Wrote: I have no problems with AI generated content, this will become normal in the nearest future, however only 4 communication thread almost identical, secrecy about who's behind the faction and an open engagement line without no rp backing it up?
if this is today's standards for official factions,let me know so I can apply too

Your feedback is appreciated.

(03-10-2024, 06:43 PM)Orex Industries Wrote: You certainly could first do the RP and then put in the request for the ID line or do what we did, it's pretty much the same, reason being - we'll either way have to wait three Months. So, we decided to put the requested ID out there and then, as we're waiting for those three Months to pass, do the necessary RP that would justify the requested line. Do you understand now?

I always understood, I'm saying that the way you're doing it is backwards at best. You don't have to state what you want for your OF ID when you make your officialdom, putting in the OF ID request is done after you get approved, so it's odd to see it done now.

RE: Orex Industries - Official Faction Request - EisenSeele - 03-10-2024

Seen you guys in space and had fun (edit: apparently S H I T P O S T I N G is censored) in comms, keep it up )))

(03-10-2024, 07:03 PM)Max Morse Wrote:
(03-10-2024, 06:43 PM)Orex Industries Wrote: You certainly could first do the RP and then put in the request for the ID line or do what we did, it's pretty much the same, reason being - we'll either way have to wait three Months. So, we decided to put the requested ID out there and then, as we're waiting for those three Months to pass, do the necessary RP that would justify the requested line. Do you understand now?

I always understood, I'm saying that the way you're doing it is backwards at best. You don't have to state what you want for your OF ID when you make your officialdom, putting in the OF ID request is done after you get approved, so it's odd to see it done now.

I guess it was easier just putting it out there, plus we like being transparent and seeing how well it is received, we're glad we did.

(03-10-2024, 07:05 PM)EisenSeele Wrote: Seen you guys in space and had fun (edit: apparently S H I T P O S T I N G is censored) in comms, keep it up )))

The feeling is mutual.