Discovery Gaming Community
SCRA Recruitment Centre - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Coalition Government Portal (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=461)
+------ Forum: Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=473)
+------ Thread: SCRA Recruitment Centre (/showthread.php?tid=17515)

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Havok - 05-23-2012

Boa Vista Station-
A Man arrived around Mid-Day, exiting his Spacecraft and leaving it in the Hangar with the Engineers, he followed
the signs and gangways as he arrived at a Customs Checkpoint, he presented his papers, and after a long and thorough check and interview, he was finally let through. He recieved his papers and was pointed to the Shuttle bay.
Entering the Bay, the Shuttle was already about to Leave, he quickly jumped aboard, took a seat and strapped in , looking around , a few Coalition Marines and other Soldiers around him, he stared at the Hull across from him as the shuttle departed.

Trotsky-
The shuttle docked aboard the Trotsky , with a loud hiss the door opened , the Marines and Soldiers were quick to their feet, the man followed , he stood about as tall as the rest, his hair crewcut short. a dark gray overall with a vest above it, he grabbed his bag and followed the troops before they took a turn he didn't have to go. He followed signs until he reached a sort of waiting room. He walked up to the reception desk and handed over his papers.

Name: Erik Meier
Birthplace: Vogtland Base
Nationality: Rheinlander

The Receptionist nodded as she typed in his Data , she handed him back his papers, he nodded and took a brochure that was laying there before sitting down and waiting to be called.

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Lanakov - 05-23-2012

[Image: 514394260px.jpg]

Commissar Sudoplatov was pulled from his nap by Rosa's sweet voice.
"Commissar ? We have an applicant ready to be interviewed."
"About damn time. Bring him in, Rosa."

Right as the man entered, Sudoplatov adressed him with a sharp voice.
"You've survived this far. Congratulations. Now don't expect any candy because we're just getting started."
The commissar quickly perused Meier's papers.

"Born on Vogtland, I see. And that's all we know about you. That's meager, not to say insufficient. The Coalition wants to be able to rely on its pilots. We don't take ghosts in. So I'll make sure we're clear here. I want to know who you are, Meier. What do you do for a living, who do you work for at present, who wants you dead, i tak dalye."

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Havok - 05-23-2012

Erik entered the room and looked at the Commissar, listening to his words he nodded shortly, his hands were crossed behind his back, watched as the Commissar went through his papers.

Of Course Commissar, noone wants to fly with wingmen they know nothing about. My name is Erik Meier, born on Vogtland in the Hessian Movement, My father flew with the Hessians, my mother died during my Birth.

He paused briefly to catch a breath before he continued.

My father raised me as best he could, although he was often out, flying with his Comrades, i taught myself alot of things when he wasn't around. He showed me how to fly , taught me what i knew until , at 20, i was finally allowed to fly beside him on his missions, and that's what i've been doing. Supporting My Father, His Comrades and the Movement in Rheinland, so i think it is safe to say the Rheinland Law Enforcement would most likely love to see my ship in pieces and me floating around in space.

Erik looked at the Commissar, waiting for his next question quietly, he stood there, his feet right next to each other, hands behind his back, standing straight, just as he had so long with the Hessians

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Lanakov - 05-24-2012

The commissar stared at Meier, displaying a minor grin.
"That would be a convincing resume if you were trying to join the Hessians. Trained since youth, aware of the situation, sense of disciplin..."
He paused for a moment.

"This is all well and good, Meier, really. But then, why are you here ? Why aren't you helping your Hessian fellows at this very second ? Why are you not fighting among your people ? Were they not good enough for you ?"

He threw another sharp look at the applicant.
"It takes very good reasons for a man to leave his home, family and people behind. What are yours ?"

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Havok - 05-24-2012

Meier looked at the Commissar , he knew this question would be asked, and he knew the answer too. He took a slight breath before he spoke.

I had been fighting along side my Comrades to the best of my abilities. I've witnessed things that noone wants to witness, and they have molded me. I have also fought along Fighter Corps pilots, and they have inspired me and my feelings of my Duty.

He sighed only very briefly and quietly before resuming.

I've given this decision to come here alot of though, talked to my Father, my Comrades about my motives. Our fight in Rheinland is a long and hard fight, and i have always supported that with my fullest ability. I have come to realize ,that i want to commit myself for the bigger cause, all across Sirius, and join the Coalition, fight for the big goal in all of Sirius.

Erik's gaze went back to the Commissar , waiting for his reply.

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Lanakov - 05-24-2012

"Very well. The higher cause, the sense of duty... I see. That would be a valid answer if you knew what you were talking about."
The commissar stared at Meier again.
"Explain to me what difference you can see between Hessians and the Coalition. I am also very interested in what you think is our "big goal". Let us make sure you wouldn't put your life at risk not knowing why you do it."

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Havok - 05-24-2012

Erik took just a few short seconds to collect his thoughts before he began to speak, all this time still standing still and looking at the Commissar

The Hessians want to and fight to end the Governments failure and them letting themselves be controlled by the Rheinlandish Corporations. To end the Corporate oppression that is being practiced by not just them but the Government and its Arms of "Law" by any means necessary.

He caught his breath shortly before continuing

The Coalition on the other hand, do not just fight, they conquer, win the people, gain support where ever they go to establish an equal Sirius under the Rule of the Ikon and the Coalition. The Coalition backs its actions with the support of its people, and fights against its enemies and oppression, though only focussing on Military Targets, never civilians.

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Lanakov - 05-27-2012

Commissar Sudoplatov kept silent for a few seconds while still staring at Meier. Then he gestured towards the empty chair in front of him, right by the applicant.

"You've been literate enough so far to avoid to sit on this chair and not get shot on the spot. Most applicants don't go past this step, you may consider yourself a gifted individual."

He waited for Meier to sit down before continuing.

"Don't think this is over just yet, though. We must ensure that you can be a valuable asset to our cause, and not yet another useless mouth to feed, as we already have too many of these."

He paused, writing something on his notebook.

"How do you regard death and killing, mister Meier ?"

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Havok - 05-27-2012

Erik sat as he looked at the Commissar, taking a bit, breathing to formulate his reply.

Well, Commissar. Death is something natural in the universe, everyone dies sooner or later, it is us men who decide when that point is. Killing is something noone should find pleasure in, i certainly dont, but..

Erik breathed slowly and looked at the Commissar

If the success of my mission or the lives of me and my Comrades are endangered, Killing someone is something all of us should have found some sort of inner peace with and be ready to do.

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Lanakov - 05-28-2012

Sudoplatov kept silent as he used to do after Meier's answers. He then joined his hands, still staring at him.

"Right. I will now describe a purely fictitious scenario to you. I want you to explain to me in detail what you would do had you faced such a situation. So here's the deal. By a very surprising and most unlikely twist, a corsair fleet has managed to sneak into our system and is now heading for one of our inhabited planets, most likely with the aim of bombarding it. As the only witness of the nearing enemy fleet, who would you radio in ? Either the planetside authorities to warn the civilians and have them hide in shelters, or the military bases to get a defence fleet to possibly intercept the enemy and prevent any casualty ? Of course, you have to make a choice as it's a matter of seconds before the fleet enters firing orbit. "

The commissar drank a glass of water and resumed his relentless stare at Meier.
"I also want you to explain your choice, that goes without saying."