Discovery Gaming Community
Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. (/showthread.php?tid=134557)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 03-17-2016

- Well, it's not everything, of course. But it still makes things a little bit more satisfying. Not to mention that this appreciation often comes in a monetary form. - the bug was waving it's antennae at Sean, stubbornly glaring at his face. Flora's mind apparently left the scene as well, as she fell into silence, looking at the sky with a dreamy look.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 03-17-2016

- Don't you get enough? You don't seem like someone who would be needing much... - Sean released a short chuckle and reached his hand out to the bug, coming from the side of Flora's head to not block her vision and stoping his hand right in front of it, looking if the bug dares to board.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 03-17-2016

- My early career is so far a constant struggle to have money to research anything on my own. So yeah, you can say I don't get enough. - the bug was still for a short moment before jumping onto Sean's hand. Flora scratched the spot that the bug was previously occupying and continued to observe the sky.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 03-18-2016

With a bug on his hand Sean brought him in front of his face, holding the bug in the line of the dragon's sight. He kept his hand straight and from time to time have been poking a bug with a finger, seemingly inviting him to climb it while talking with Flora.

- Thought about getting someone interested in investing into your researches?.. - for a second he distracted from a bug and looked up awkwardly - That's a bit too much "in" words...

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 03-18-2016

She smiled, but the mask and the lack of light hid her expression.

-
I'm working on it. But the lack of contacts doesn't make it too easy for me to find anything. Not to mention that one of my fields is largely frowned upon.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 03-19-2016

- I thought that researching alliens is what all people were up to... - he thoughtfuly looks in the sky and adds with irony in his voice - With the exception of Order folks, who, as I can judge from stories, are now hunting and destroying every bit of technology that during original encounter saved the day... - with a sigh Sean continued toying with the bug on his hand, turning and fliping it as the bug attempts to get to the higher spot.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 03-19-2016

- Well, yeah, everyone is up to that. But also everyone wants that for themselves and many groups don't really like others to play with it, the Order being a very good example of that. Another one being the fact that artifacts are a contraband pretty much everywhere. - the bug was keeping up with Sean's moves and didn't fall off his hand. Flora sighed. - I'm sometimes asking myself if it's a good idea to even try to sqeeze into the alien business...

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 03-20-2016

- Hmmm... - Sean stoped moving his hand and seemed to not pay attention to anything but his thoughts, allowing the bug to reach his goal - Judging from the stories it is a bad idea. Even disregarding all the "magic" about this subject, I am certain that if you find funding for this field you'll have to give up on every other. People who pay, especially in such delicate questions, aren't really interested in your hobbies.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - TheSauron - 03-20-2016

- Lucky me that the artifacts are among my hobbies then. - she fell silent for a moment. - Now I'm not sure myself... This chat sure earned me a few sleepless nights. - she sat up and looked at Sean. The view that she now could spectate was one of the very last things she expected. She decided to not say anything and just observe Sean and the visibly satisfied bug that finally reached his desired spot.

RE: Meanwhile, Saarbrucken. - Sean Renard - 03-21-2016

- It is not that hard thought. You have three more or less satisfying ways to go. First, find someone to fund you. You'll get less oportunities to research everything you want, but you will get a funding for one of areas you like. Second - you make your own funding. Perhaps a business, or anything... a passive cash flow that will allow you to research whatever you want. The downside is that you probably will have to temper your hobbies for a time and focus on rising this cashflow. And finaly, just temper your desire for research and just focus on things that you can research without big funding.

Sean rose his hand, expecting the bug to fly away, as well as to keep an eye on him and the dragon at the same time - I think the first option would suit you most, as it also will help with second if you manipulate your finances correctly... - he chuckled, but his expression seemed quite concerned at the same time - Just don't get into situation when you can not break the contract with your employers.