Discovery Gaming Community
SCRA Recruitment Centre - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Coalition Government Portal (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=461)
+------ Forum: Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=473)
+------ Thread: SCRA Recruitment Centre (/showthread.php?tid=17515)

RE: Coalition Recruitment Thread - Alley - 06-22-2013

Mei invited the applicant to sit, closing the office's door after she entered. "There has been a problem with your folder, so I will write a new one during the interview. For fairness reasons, no chinese." said the Lieutenant as she sat on the other side of the desk. "I need you to state your full name, birth place, previous job or assignment, if you have training or experience in flying and combat and last what are you reasons for applying to the glorious army of the motherland."

RE: Coalition Recruitment Thread - Omi - 06-22-2013

A flood of relief washed over Meiling. So far, the experience was surprisingly normal. Name, place of birth, previous employment and experience. The only difference was that this particular interview was being conducted on board what was arguably the Coalition's most famous warship, but if she put that out of her head she could almost make the butterflies in her stomach go away. Almost.
"My name is Meiling Xue," she began, leaning forwards against the desk. "I was born in Volgograd City on, ah, the planet Volgograd. Quanzhao district."
Meiling let her gaze drift downwards towards the tabletop.
"I, ah, previously worked in one of the factories, programming the computers that manufacture spacecraft parts. That is the height of my previous employment. I, um, have no flight experience worth mentioning. Certainly nothing combat-related. I've done some flight training in a simulator, but most of my flight experience has been in-atmosphere."
She took a deep breath.
"Not that, um, I mean- I scored well on the simulator programmes I took. And I docked my shuttle here without autopilot. And I've heard about the quality of the Fighter Corps' training regime. I think- no, I really think I can do it. Fight, I mean. With the training."
Meiling took another deep breath. She was going off-track.
"As for why I am here, well... I have listened to the broadcasts long enough, you know? I feel I can be more than just a cog in the machine of the Revolution, that I can make a real difference, something that will last, rather than just helping craft wings and engine components day after day."
Briefly, she wondered if she was rambling, but as the lieutenant didn't seem to be interrupting her she plowed on. Speaking was less excruciatingly nerve-wracking than waiting for the response.
"I just- that is, I really think I can do this. I was born here, and I really believe in what we - the whole nation - are doing. Everyone working towards a common goal, ba?"
Meiling shut up then, realising that she really was rambling. She twisted her hands together nervously, awaiting the interviewing officer's response.

RE: Coalition Recruitment Thread - Reid - 06-23-2013

"Hai, it's a great honor to sit in the seat you're in right now." Kyu propped her feet on the desk and leaned back in her chair. "Now, who are you, where do you come from, and why should we let you into the Fighter Corps"

RE: Coalition Recruitment Thread - dirmaster0 - 06-23-2013

Marx grins, excited to begin with the questions. "My full name is Jean Bartholomew Marx, and I am from Volgograd City. I grew up near the Cobalt mines where my parents worked. Eventually when I grew up I too became a Cobalt miner, following in their footsteps." He pauses, his face looking more serious.. "The mines helped me build character, strength, integrity, but I feel that I would benefit more with the direction the Fighter Corps could give me. I am eager to learn, and determined to work as much as I can, for it was our traditional belief that one would only achieve happiness by dedicating themselves to the greater good, for the people. This is why I believe I should serve the Fighter Corps and the Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army."

RE: Coalition Recruitment Thread - Alley - 06-23-2013

She listened to the applicant's answers, occasionally writing down some notes on the new form.

"We all serve the will of the motherland, in reality there is as much honor in crafting spaceship parts as fighting capitalists, because without these parts there would be no fight. Though you are correct, you can be more than a cog, and your presence here today in this room is a proof of it, but what you want to be part of is a much different world from what you used to know."

Mei paused, observing each movement or stare the applicant might do.

"This is why there is one thing we must take care of before we carry on."

The Lieutenant stood up and walked to the office's door, opening it to say a word to the guard standing outside. It would only take a moment for Meiling to realise there is something strange happening as the guard handed his shotgun and knife to the Lieutenant who looked at Meiling with a smile.

"Ah, there he is. Please come in!" warmly said Mei to the unknown half-naked man that just got thrown in the office room by the guard.

"Comrade Xue, please greet Mister Hans Schweinhammer, he will be an important part of your interview."

RE: Coalition Recruitment Thread - Omi - 06-23-2013

"Ni hao, uh... Hans," said Meiling weakly, more than a little perturbed by the turn events were taking all of a sudden. A bead of sweat trickled down her forehead, her apprehension clearly evident. If only they could have just filled out a few forms and had a nice chat over a cup of tea. The remainder of the interview was clearly not going to be as straightforward. Briefly, she wondered exactly who Hans was. Maybe he'd been another applicant. If so, Meiling really didn't like the implications that carried if she failed her own interview.
"Is- is this a test of some sort?" she ventured, eyeing the pair of weapons in the lieutenant's hands warily.

RE: Coalition Recruitment Thread - Reid - 06-24-2013

"So you're from Volgograd. Really?" Marx noticed a folder on the desk that was obviously filled with his data. "Why don't you prove it?" Kyu took the folder and put it in the desk. "You remember a few years ago, the false Ikon? Why don't you tell me the scumbag's name. I'm sure any resident of Volgograd would remember."

RE: Coalition Recruitment Thread - dirmaster0 - 06-24-2013

He response instinctively, "I believe you may be taking about Commandant Aloysius Rhade, the one who attempted to kill our former Premier Katz and take over control of the Coalition if I'm correct? Thankfully, now Commandant-Premier Vaschenko was able to take care of that madman, as he would have brought great terror and chaos to our lands. Vaschenko brought us order and direction; these things motivated me to attempt this interview today. I feel like I owe my duty to my fellow Revolutionaries for these blessings."

RE: Coalition Recruitment Thread - Alley - 06-25-2013

Mei smiled to the girl.

"It's not a test, I am simply asking you to do your duty as a citizen of the revolution. Mister Hans here has been captured yesterday along with a few of his associates in the Omegas. He is part of a rheinlander smuggling group, the kind that deals in the slave trade. Mister Hans has some informations the revolution needs, but refuses to simply tell us. You have at your disposal this shotgun loaded with incendiary buckshots, a knife and yourself. The Motherland needs these informations, and you will obtain them from Mister Hans. How you will acquire them, is your choice."

The Lieutenant returned to her desk, grabbing a pen as she sat, as she began observing the applicant and each of her movements.

RE: Coalition Recruitment Thread - Reid - 06-25-2013

Kyu grasped the bridge of her nose, closing her eyes and trying to hold herself back. "iie, the false Ikon in question is the Volkhan, the madman who needed staples to control his followers." Kyu opened her eyes and glared at Marx. "The now Ex-Premeir Vaschenko only brought a fourth false Ikon by the name of Meier who did more harm to the Coalition than good. If you were a true upstanding citizen of the Coalition, and not a spy, you would know this." Kyu withdrew a Beretta Neos from under the desk and pointed it at Marx. "Now tell me, who are you really. Make it quick, I have no patience for spies"