Discovery Gaming Community
The wiki update status - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: Discovery Wiki (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Thread: The wiki update status (/showthread.php?tid=22144)

The wiki update status - AeternusDoleo - 03-13-2011

Mineable commodities page updated to reflect the changes to the mining bonuses.
BMM / Gold x4 -> x3
IMG / Niobium x4 -> x3
Daumann / Cobalt x3 -> x2
Junker/Scrap x5 -> x6

Independent Miner ID / Iridium: none -> x1 (Zoner/BHG miners, enjoy!)

The wiki update status - Pacific - 03-19-2011

The Dimitrovi Family has been updated with its new Member. You can see it here

The wiki update status - cshake - 03-26-2011

Finally got around to adding text to the About page, the one that's linked at the bottom of every page.

Thought it was time to thank some of the people who've had a big hand in the wiki, and put other info there that people would expect from an About page.

The wiki update status - n00bl3t - 03-31-2011

Finally got around to making an update on X.

Last update was over 10 months ago. XD.

Still not done though.:mellow:

The wiki update status - Mazoku - 05-17-2011

Added Black Dragon, Mamoru and Raba under Kusari Ships - Unlawful.
If anyone feels like making a seperate 'Quasi-Legal' section for them instead, be my guest.
EDIT: Especially since 4.86 will make them full unlawful anyway.

The wiki update status - Suralin - 05-25-2011

Belated note: I added the Battle of Omega-3, the ridiculous Charlie Foxtrot that occurred last year. (For those who weren't there, there's a battle vid on Youtube here.)

Since I wasn't hugely involved in the events that happened afterwards due to school, I think someone else can do the aftermath, and the Corsair-Zoner War and its ramifications, better than I can. (Zoner Alliance fractured, Corsair/Order tensions, massive battles in Theta and Gamma, peace agreement after a month of bloody fighting, etc)

The wiki update status - RockCrystal - 06-21-2011

Added Blossom under Kusari ships - Unlawful. One of these days I'll go through and get all of these sorted out.

The wiki update status - sable - 06-26-2011

Finally updated Enzo's page, should be enough for now.

And it's a bit too long. Maybe I will shorten it...

The wiki update status - Ingenious - 06-28-2011

I have given the Kingfisher a proper review.

Quote:A paragon of tactics and finesse amidst barbaric jousts, the Kingfisher is a sport craft for innovative daredevils. The ship's small, sleek, and aesthetically pleasing frame packs the strongest punch of any Heavy Fighter. This outweighs the ship's underwhelming maneuverability and armor rating. Ultimately, the Kingfisher is an instrument in the hands of an artist: the ever more talented and audacious the artist, the ever more beautiful and grotesque the expression. If you are a maverick looking for challenge, thrill, and success, this ship will never disappoint you.

As a physicist, it is only proper that I thoroughly evaluate the vessel. Mechanically speaking, the Kingfisher turns and strafes as well as the Eagle, but pitches (turns upward and downward) better than any Heavy or Very-Heavy Fighter. The shield and hull hitboxes are far smaller than those of the Eagle. As the old saying goes, it isn't about size: it's about how you use it. Indeed, potency and versatility are no strangers to the Kingfisher. While it only possesses a standard Heavy Fighter power plant, the six class 9 mounts enable a masterful pilot to deal heavy damage in a small interval. Whatever the individual's choice, it can accommodate any variety of the most powerful fighter weapons available, with the exception of codenames, Paralyzers, and Sidewinders.

Aesthetically speaking, the Kingfisher's exterior is annealed, providing a slick, metallic appearance. The four auxiliary engine pods have an organic shape and, altogether, the propulsion system emits a beautiful blue trail. This is easily complemented via customization of the ship's lighting fixtures. These qualities come together in a compact, functional package that is, simply put, a pleasure to fly.

To be blunt, putting six hullbusters on this ship and expecting it to work is ignorant. It is not a Sabre. In order to gain the upper hand in a dogfight with this ship, it is highly advisable to make use of a pulse cannon such as the Debilitator. With three or four pulse weapons, you will be able to quickly drop your opponent's shield. Once his shield is down, continue on to his hull with the pulse cannons to eradicate his powerplant and gain a crucial energy advantage. To wear down your opponent's hull, use missiles, a torpedo, or a couple of hullbusters.

For master pilots only.

The wiki update status - moebus - 07-06-2011

I've updated the commodities page according to new Kusari Laws.