Discovery Gaming Community
Velvet| Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Velvet| Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=171518)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Velvet| Feedback - Hemlocke - 10-27-2019

(10-27-2019, 03:43 PM)thisDerius Wrote: You obviously misunderstand. Velvet is not aiming at anyone within ooRP. We are doing or best to be a good faction for the Zoners.
The other thing is that the line that I pasted on my last reply was proposed by GRG within valid roleplay. We are trying to be nice here, but obviously people are taking it for granted.

You being "good" and "nice" zoners is failing miserably, You clearly misunderstand the very founding principle of Zoners. They leave people the hell alone and don't worry about controlling other Zoners. You are a defense force, not a government.
(10-27-2019, 03:10 PM)thisDerius Wrote: "Velvet will retain administration of Corinth, but will work a deal to allow GRG to work there on a monthly contract that will be fair for both Velvet and GRG. GRG can make use of up to 3 lab spaces and will in return provide counseling on Velvets research endeavors. This will only permit GRG access and use of the labs. GRG acknowledges that Velvet are the owners and administrators of the station."

1. Nowhere in the agreement says that GRG can use the labs as their main labs within Corinth.
2. There has been no official 'monthly contract' between the factions yet which means that there is no GRG on Corinth
3. Velvet owns and administrates Corinth. GRG has no and will have no 'main' labs there (But that is for later discussion.)

Stop putting nonsense where it does not belong and stick to the roleplay that has been put.

Head canon, No player faction has the right to lay claim to any NPC assets. Go on, go ahead and find me somewhere in the rules where you can entirely "own" an NPC asset. I'll be waiting.

Moved here as requested, and since "ThisDerius" is the one who I was responding to, I hope he will be the one to answer this.

P.S. This should probably be linked on your official faction page for ease of access.

RE: Velvet| Feedback - Immortality23 - 10-27-2019

(10-27-2019, 04:09 PM)Hemlocke Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 03:43 PM)thisDerius Wrote: You obviously misunderstand. Velvet is not aiming at anyone within ooRP. We are doing or best to be a good faction for the Zoners.
The other thing is that the line that I pasted on my last reply was proposed by GRG within valid roleplay. We are trying to be nice here, but obviously people are taking it for granted.

You being "good" and "nice" zoners is failing miserably, You clearly misunderstand the very founding principle of Zoners. They leave people the hell alone and don't worry about controlling other Zoners. You are a defense force, not a government.
(10-27-2019, 03:10 PM)thisDerius Wrote: "Velvet will retain administration of Corinth, but will work a deal to allow GRG to work there on a monthly contract that will be fair for both Velvet and GRG. GRG can make use of up to 3 lab spaces and will in return provide counseling on Velvets research endeavors. This will only permit GRG access and use of the labs. GRG acknowledges that Velvet are the owners and administrators of the station."

1. Nowhere in the agreement says that GRG can use the labs as their main labs within Corinth.
2. There has been no official 'monthly contract' between the factions yet which means that there is no GRG on Corinth
3. Velvet owns and administrates Corinth. GRG has no and will have no 'main' labs there (But that is for later discussion.)

Stop putting nonsense where it does not belong and stick to the roleplay that has been put.

Head canon, No player faction has the right to lay claim to any NPC assets. Go on, go ahead and find me somewhere in the rules where you can entirely "own" an NPC asset. I'll be waiting.

Moved here as requested, and since "ThisDerius" is the one who I was responding to, I hope he will be the one to answer this.

P.S. This should probably be linked on your official faction page for ease of access.

Actually, you have the pleasure of me answering you.

The Zoner Official Factions have split up ownership of the NPC assets. Giving them control of who has and doesn't have access, who can administer the stations and the direction the bases go.

This was a case with IRG, OSI and TAZ and has now become a thing for Velvet, OSI and TAZ. Why now, is it such an issue when established and agreed roleplay is being enforced?

RE: Velvet| Feedback - Shiki - 10-27-2019

@Hemlocke
Official factions do control their respective NPC faction assets. Have a right to deny docking inRP and use FR5 as the management tool. In the case of Zoners, there are multiple official factions who manage the stations, they decided between themselves the way it works.

RE: Velvet| Feedback - Groshyr - 10-27-2019

[Image: d8d08c9e516a868d08c391a9793c661c_w200.gif]
When you will open fort Scorpius for every powertrader in Sirius?

(10-27-2019, 04:13 PM)Sicicega Wrote: @Hemlocke
Official factions do control their respective NPC faction assets. Have a right to deny docking and use FR5 as the management tool. In the case of Zoners, there are multiple official factions who manage the stations.

FR5 is not related to a single NPC faction asset, I assure you. And yes, there are multiple zoner factions, or. were. Yet you are attempting to seize a remnant of a faction not affiliated with you whatsoever. Meanwhile the actual remnant of that faction is attempting to continue the roleplay they already had going when IRG disbanded.

Are you a small defense force? Massive Military on par with the Houses. Governmental overlords of everything Zoner? Make up your mind, this flip flop is getting tiring for everyone and the only people who |Don't| find this appalling are those within the social clusterf*ck that is and seems to always will be, Velvet.

As more responses were published and I missed a few.

I'm not referring to Corinth, that's for you two to hash up

(10-27-2019, 04:19 PM)Hemlocke Wrote: FR5 is not related to a single NPC faction asset, I assure you. And yes, there are multiple zoner factions, or. were. Yet you are attempting to seize a remnant of a faction not affiliated with you whatsoever. Meanwhile the actual remnant of that faction is attempting to continue the roleplay they already had going when IRG disbanded.

Are you a small defense force? Massive Military on par with the Houses. Governmental overlords of everything Zoner? Make up your mind, this flip flop is getting tiring for everyone and the only people who |Don't| find this appalling are those within the social clusterf*ck that is and seems to always will be, Velvet.

Actually, you can request for denial of docking to specific bases, should it be needed and it has GM approval.
The established RP got moved to Ames, as Velvet, the station owners, have our own plans. Hence why we've got our own R&D section.

If you read the about, look at our 4 primary and 2 secondary goals. I would kind of hope as an ex-2IC you would at least do that.

As far as our "military" power. It's considerably less than Core/Order who respectively are less than Corsairs/Outcasts who again in turn are smaller than an established house. This is something that I've been talking to a lot of people off the forums about. In reality, our "massive military" is on par with no more than a single Core or Order battlegroup. Hence why it's always been kept to one, 'Canis'.

We do not, and have not, claimed to represent all Zoners, it even clearly states that in our about. We are only interested as a group in our own assets. Our own "corner of the game world" if you will. Hence why our established bases are so combact together between Omicrons Delta, Kappa and Theta.

There has been a lot changed ooRP for the faction, which I'm in the process of clearing up.

Hope this at least helps answer the questions and addresses some of the statements, @Hemlocke

RE: Velvet| Feedback - Dark_Knight - 10-27-2019

My opinion on the matter, and being Velvet 2IC. Velvet should be and, still is a defence force for all Zoner No-Fire-Zones if the administrator of those particular stations want it. Because of Velvet's close ties with OSI (Heck Voncloud/Aazalot is a 2IC as well) that pretty much covers most Zoner stations that are not TAZ. In the case of FR5 management, it covers Velvet stations only unless OSI wishes to push for it as well. So far only two people have come close to being FR5ed, one of them being recently sanctioned.

If we do FR5 people, rest assured it won't be a blanket ban from all Zoner stations only those specific to Velvet. This happened recently where, for a brief moment GRG was exiled by Velvet but because FP9 Admin (Aka Me on Sun) was not informed of this decision, it didn't cover FP9. I've been trying to make Velvet have closer ties with FP Admins for that very reason to make sure it doesn't turn into just being bullies to everyone. It's worked somewhat.

Edit: And yes, Velvet does not represent all Zoners which is why I've been pushing for them to communicate with all Zoners a little more. It's a complicated thing.

RE: Velvet| Feedback - Groshyr - 10-27-2019

Velvet is bad because you did not open fort Scorpious for my powertrading corruption. :<

(10-27-2019, 04:28 PM)Immortality23 Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 04:19 PM)Hemlocke Wrote: FR5 is not related to a single NPC faction asset, I assure you. And yes, there are multiple zoner factions, or. were. Yet you are attempting to seize a remnant of a faction not affiliated with you whatsoever. Meanwhile the actual remnant of that faction is attempting to continue the roleplay they already had going when IRG disbanded.

Actually, you can request for denial of docking to specific bases, should it be needed and it has GM approval.
The established RP got moved to Ames, as Velvet, the station owners, have our own plans. Hence why we've got our own R&D section.

If you read the about, look at our 4 primary and 2 secondary goals. I would kind of hope as an ex-2IC you would at least do that.

As far as our "military" power. It's considerably less than Core/Order who respectively are less than Corsairs/Outcasts who again in turn are smaller than an established house. This is something that I've been talking to a lot of people off the forums about. In reality, our "massive military" is on par with no more than a single Core or Order battlegroup. Hence why it's always been kept to one, 'Canis'.

We do not, and have not, claimed to represent all Zoners, it even clearly states that in our about. We are only interested as a group in our own assets. Our own "corner of the game world" if you will. Hence why our established bases are so combact together between Omicrons Delta, Kappa and Theta.

There has been a lot changed ooRP for the faction, which I'm in the process of clearing up.

Hope this at least helps answer the questions and addresses some of the statements, @Hemlocke

I hope you remember these words the next time you power trip and decide to piss on someone's shoes more powerful than you. (Reference to the Maltese.)

(10-27-2019, 04:30 PM)Dark_Knight Wrote: My opinion on the matter, and being Velvet 2IC. Velvet should be and, still is a defence force for all Zoner No-Fire-Zones if the administrator of those particular stations want it. Because of Velvet's close ties with OSI (Heck Voncloud/Aazalot is a 2IC as well) that pretty much covers most Zoner stations that are not TAZ. In the case of FR5 management, it covers Velvet stations only unless OSI wishes to push for it as well. So far only two people have come close to being FR5ed, one of them being recently sanctioned.

If we do FR5 people, rest assured it won't be a blanket ban from all Zoner stations only those specific to Velvet. This happened recently where, for a brief moment GRG was exiled by Velvet but because FP9 Admin (Aka Me on Sun) was not informed of this decision, it didn't cover FP9. I've been trying to make Velvet have closer ties with FP Admins for that very reason to make sure it doesn't turn into just being bullies to everyone. It's worked somewhat.

Edit: And yes, Velvet does not represent all Zoners which is why I've been pushing for them to communicate with all Zoners a little more. It's a complicated thing.

I wish I could be comforted in the slightest by that notion. But it's already turned into that. And the work around that Velvet has come up with, Is attempting to replace administrators loyal to them. (See Ames Research Station)

(10-27-2019, 04:19 PM)Groshyr Wrote:
[Image: d8d08c9e516a868d08c391a9793c661c_w200.gif]
When you will open fort Scorpius for every powertrader in Sirius?

Sadly, due to the agreement with Order and Core, only Velvet| tagged vessels can have access.
Sorry Groshy :'(

Also, DK is accurate. We aren't some "Zoner Council". If anything, I'm trying to make us more "Only interested in our own side of the fence."

It makes more sense in my honest opinion that Velvet| as a group sticks to what it's doing. Research and development of weapon, shield, armour and scanner tech alongside its allies in Order, Core and Corsairs (Obviously not all at once, for diplomatic reasons) for example is one of the many things it's now involved in. It's not interested in what GRG are doing, and if anything, would rather that any other group, unless Velvet is profiting or gaining from them in some way, stay clear and stick to it's own thing.

It's also heavily invested in the security against the Nomads, as was its original cause for being made. Since then, like any faction, it's massively expanded and has gone from a "Wing" to a fully fledged self funded organisation. It maintains its roots, but is also is a lot more invested in other ventures.

The whole idea of wanting to stick to our "own side of the fence" as it were, is more for the sake of the existing Zoner lore of wanting to be isolationist, and away from the houses. Yet in contrast, also build Velvet as more of a close nit collective of how ever many members (By this stage in the tens of thousands) group of professional security guards, Nomad hunters, researchers and intelligence operatives. Yet still maintaining it's core "Zoner" identity.

Also, the thing with the Maltese has long been since resolved both iRP and ooRP. The fact you even bring it up is literally trying to clutch at straws. Considering those are the reasons why things have calmed down a lot.

As far as us banning GRG or anyone else from any station we control, I will refer you to this were by there is a clear double standard at play. As this was the original cause of your complaints, @Hemlocke