Discovery Gaming Community
SCRA Recruitment Centre - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Coalition Government Portal (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=461)
+------ Forum: Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=473)
+------ Thread: SCRA Recruitment Centre (/showthread.php?tid=17515)

Coalition Recruitment Thread - pieguy259 - 03-31-2010

She sat still for a moment, eyeing him. "Future contains an E." She motioned to the guards, who pressed their guns to his head. "The problem I face, William Saul Bishop, is that you have the same name as the leader of the Mandalorian Mercenaries. Have you heard of them?"

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Beagle23 - 03-31-2010

Bill's rapid-fire life synopsis had certainly broken any pretense of calm his body claimed to have left, but as he continued to breath heavily, inside his mind flowed a peaceful self-dialogue.

Mandalorian Mercenaries. Which iiiiisss... right, those guys who fly around with MM in their transponders. The really, really, good mercs, right? Their boss is a William Bishop too? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. OHHHHHHH.

Suddenly, it all made sense. This wasn't about his Hawaiian shirt after all.

"Yes, ma'am, I've heard of them! Never met one. Their boss has the same name as me?"

She nodded. "So you can understand our concern when a man with the same name as a potential enemy walks into our recruitment office. However..." She motioned to the guards, who lowered their guns. "I know what William Bishop looks like, and besides that, no Mandalorian spy would be so stupid as to use his name."

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Luka - 03-31-2010

Luka walked inside the lobby, a bit nervous, but everyone else were a lot more. Then he just started thinking about his aplication, so he sit where he found and started writting his autobiography:

--"My name his Nathan Luis Parker, but everybody knows me as Luka, don't ask me why cuz I don't know.

I was born in freeport 10, but I live in planet Erie, in pennsilvania.

when I heard about the SCRA and it's ideals I seen they were the same I always followed, so I started seeking a way to join, but the office was closed so then I started helping the SCRA in any ways I could, Commisar-Captain Alvin Katz and Angie Broch are witnesses, including it's ally, the hessians, mostly time finishing in a fight with the Rheindlanders who think their "kanzler" is a god

I spare most time in Rheindland fighting the military..." he looks to the sides "...But i'm also spending time spying in Liberty (Explanation for my Guardian-class Very Heavy Fighter).

I'm still a real rookie at dogfighting because of my really, REALLY bad aiming, but got some evasive skill so when in fight I would try to get get on me for making them an easier target."--

He just keep sitting, don't knowing what else to writte in, now with no nerves (while everybody was almost shivering), he just whispered "I have to wait even more? c'mon I have a tetrahybrid rifle to finish building!"

For the first time in what, for Bill, felt like an hour, but was really only a minute or so, there were not guns pointing at him. Needless to say, this was a relief.

"Yes ma'am, I understand completely now. Pardon me for the confusion, I wasn't aware!"

His breathing was slowly returning to normal levels, and he remembered himself, picking up his posture and trying to regain his composure. Somewhere in his head, his curiosity proposed the idea of asking whether the Mandalorian Mercenary boss had the same middle name, too, but with every moment not being held at gunpoint a luxury, he thought it best not to tempt fate and stood at attention, waiting for the Commisar to address him again.

"So, tell me, William Saul Bishop. Why the Coalition? What makes you want to serve the will of the People, and do you have the stomach for it? Feel free to use any letters you see fit."

"My dad passed away two years ago. Actually, passed away is probably a bit too peaceful a term, but I won't get into that unless you ask. I was eighteen, and nobody was going to send us credits in sympathy; the only talent I ever really had was flying, so we spent what we had left on a ship and I started doing whatever decent errands I could get my hands on."

"I got better, and the neighborhood was getting a lot nastier. I started doing a lot less errands and a lot more fighting. Taking out thugs, pirates, drug traffickers, all those unsavory types; seems nice and noble and all that in one respect but really, I was still getting paid for it."

"My mum passed away early this year. Hunting down thugs and pirates was still all I knew, and I got a lot more involved in shooting down those types with just myself to worry about. Moved to New York recently for one reason; you wanna find bloodsuckers and corruption, look no further than Liberty."

"I ran into one of your men last night, a man who introduced himself as Commisar Katz, and he told me about the SCRA. We talked, and I agreed with almost everything he said, it all rang really, really, true. He proposed I should apply to join you, and I thought it was a great idea."

"I've spent the last two years trying to shoot down the products of messed up societies. I'd like to quit just focusing on the products and help you deal with the cause, so to speak. If you'll have me."

"Interesting. Similar occupation to a certain other William Bishop as well..." She idly flicked the safety off the gun... then flicked it back on. "Your cause is admirable... hunting down and purging the filth from this sector. However. You must be aware that to us, this filth also includes the so-called officers of the law, who uphold the disgusting capitalistic ideals of the Houses. Would you feel comfortable killing these people?"

"Yes I would, ma'am. Filth is filth, whether it wears a badge or not."

She looked at Bishop steadily for a few seconds, then tossed a bundle of papers on to the desk. "We shall see if you really believe in our cause. Fill those out and don't come back until they are done. NEXT!"