Discovery Gaming Community
WE DID IT REDDIT!!! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: WE DID IT REDDIT!!! (/showthread.php?tid=134542)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Jack_Henderson - 05-28-2016

(05-28-2016, 07:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Zoner/Order ships shot at Yaren and Bellona and we shot back.

Yes. But AFTER the Core| attack against FP11. Big Grin

Hell, Lyth!
Get it into your head.
You cannot attack a Zoner Freeport after months of harrassing Zoners, go in with a lot of firepower and claim "self defense!" Big Grin Even if there had been some random indies shooting at Yaren at some point, it would not be the same as a coordinated, well documented raid by an official faction! Big Grin

You want to be the bad guy in the Omicrons.
Be it!

This complaining and discussing here makes Core really look weak.

I loved the move as being bold and "just do it".

Now seeing that you are holding on to "but we were attacked first! We had to defend! *teary eyed* We didn't mean to... but we had to..." is making the whole coolness go away.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Swallow - 05-28-2016

Indeed. I think that there is nothing bad in rping initial hostility even without a solid or obvious or morale-based reason. Though again, RP and ooRP are so much mixed here that it starts to look pity. But who cares? Who?

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Lythrilux - 05-28-2016

I think it'd be cooler if it starts as 'self-defence'. It allows The Core to justify these acts and encourage their personnel to take part, giving them a reason they can get behind. But it eventually devolves into Core shooting Zoners for the hell of it and being all evil and the like, not giving much concern for concepts such as the moral compass and ethical boundary.

It's always more interesting to capture the descent into darkness, rather than hopping straight into it.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Jack_Henderson - 05-28-2016

It is not self-defense.

How can you even claim "self-defense", when you are the military force, and a little group of hippies (even assuming an attack ever happened - which it did not) throws a banana at your forces (equals: an indie attack on your station that you repel easily), then you go and drop a nuke on their hippie country. (equals: nuking FP11)

Technically, the banana throwing was an attack... and the nuke was self-defense?!
That's not the stuff movies are made of. Big Grin

Just accept that you are the bad guy in the story.
It's the cooler part anyway.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Lythrilux - 05-28-2016

That's the kind of moral ambiguity Core is built on. It's lawful evil. Core achieves it's objectives through lawful means (i.e attacking the Freeport with the justification of self-defence).

It's ridiculous (banana vs. nuke), it's wrong (no attack happened), people know it irply (and have reported it irply), and oorply (you have been told 30+ times) - and I cannot understand why you keep trying to make it become true by saying it mantra-like.

Anyway, I am also out. Smile
Weird, how you insist of wrecking a really cool action with baby-behaviour like this. It's sad to watch, sad to read. I found the Core move glorious. This makes it sound... prosaic, weak, meh.

Why is there the need to attack the Freeport without justification (at first at least)? Core doesn't strive to achieve it's objectives through mindless anarchy, and they'd only do such a heinous act such as attacking a civilian installation with justifiable means. Core uses good means to justify bad ends.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Char Aznable - 05-28-2016

Lyth, just because you believe something makes for a cool story that does not change what happened in game/on the forums. It has been clearly stated and proven that Core began the offense, and you will have to deal with that having happened. You can of course modify your view on it - after all, what a faction wants to say about itself is their thing - but that doesn't change what happened, no matter how much you try arguing against it.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - nOmnomnOm - 05-28-2016

(05-28-2016, 08:13 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: I think it'd be cooler if

Soo... you are saying adjust what had happened becasue it would be 'cooler'?

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Laz - 05-28-2016

Just gonna throw it out there that, you guys have been 'discussing' for 7 hours now.