Discovery Gaming Community
Kaiserliche Rheinwehr [RM] - Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Kaiserliche Rheinwehr [RM] - Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=22618)

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Lobster - 02-14-2011

Rolston Silves,

[color=#33ff33]Your application is accepted. Welcome to the Rheinland Military.

You are required to report to the Recruit briefing auditorium ASAP and watch this video. This is mandatory

BOOKMARK "The Rheinland Military Information Center, Central Access to the Rheinland Military Database"
Here's your copy of the field manual. The naming conventions are listed here(scroll down until you see "Ship Naming Convention"). You are cleared to fighter class (Wrath VHF and Snubnose bomber) ships.

The standard ship is the Wrath. You are not required to have a bomber for starters, but you are encouraged to procure one also if you have the means to acquire it.

Repost your bio here.

You are also required to Download the Skype Communication Protocol from this location. Please include your Skype ID in your bio.

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - The_Cro_Legend - 02-14-2011

ah ok
np I will

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Lobster - 02-17-2011

Alexandra Haike,

You are required to report to the Recruit briefing auditorium ASAP and watch this video. This is mandatory

BOOKMARK "The Rheinland Military Information Center, Central Access to the Rheinland Military Database"
Here's your copy of the field manual. The naming conventions are listed here(scroll down until you see "Ship Naming Convention"). You are cleared to fighter class (Wrath VHF and Snubnose bomber) ships.

The standard ship is the Wrath. You are not required to have a bomber for starters, but you are encouraged to procure one also if you have the means to acquire it.

Repost your bio here.

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Shagohad - 02-19-2011

Discovery Forum Name: Shagohad
Name: Jacob Kuhnert
S.K.Y.P.E designation(//username): shagohad1

Height: 6'3
Weight: 140
Hair Color: Sandy blond
Eye Color: Gray

Planet/Station of Origin: Planet Baden Baden

Background Information: Jacob's parents were pilots of Bretonian and Rheinland descent for Orbital Spa and Cruise transports. Their travels eventually landed them on Planet Baden Baden with a newborn son. Realizing space was no place to take care of a child, the settled down and entered desk jobs with OSC's immobile facilities. By rooting their lives to a permanent home far out of the reach of political confrontation, they hoped to escape the chaos of war, unlawful antagonists, and political strife.

The years of 801 to 802 A.S were the most trying of the family's new white-picket fence life. Being on a planet not entirely within the rule of the Kanzler, the citizens of Baden Baden didn't fall under an as oppressive regime as the rest of Rheinland did. But being within Rheinland space, they felt the touch of isolation and media blackouts, being cut off from the rest of society aside from the routine supply convoys meant to keep the planet alive and still tied into the Rheinland economy. The decline of passengers led to a bleak and impoverished life of the Kuhnert family. For a year, the family had to scrape together and save every credit they made to keep themselves sustained.

The end of this era was marked with the reopening of Baden Baden to the Sirian public, returning the jobs of millions of OSC employees stranded in Rheinland space. The Kuhnert was one such family who learned from their mistakes and invested into other areas of expertise. Jacob's education was invested into electronics and ship maintenance. From middle school all through high school, he apprenticed under OSC shipwrights, independent repair workshops, and even a few military compounds.

Working as a technician and mechanic, Jacob had his life set out with a well-paying career. The start of the Libertonian War began to draw him away from his plans as most of his friends joined the Military to do their service for the Rheinwehr. With peer pressure on his shoulders and the drive to be with those he cared about, he set off to the nearest recruiting center.

Basic Personality Traits: Hot-headed, generous, shy, and calm.

Ship Class: Very Heavy Fighter or Light Fighter.

Other: J

For how long have you been playing on Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7 ?

4 years now.

What made you come play on Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7 ?

The fact that I could fly battleships. FL vanilla didn't let me.

What other characters do you have on the Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7 server?

Do I have to name them all?
Jacob Fawley - 101st
Angelica Broch - SCRA
Arael Kazuko - Aoi Iseijin
Maurice Delavoux - GRN
Chloe Dupont - GRP
Jararaca - Phantoms

Those are my mains.

What OOC reason do you have for joining the RM?

Alec made me want to by not wanting me in it. Or something. I think I'm trolling him. But the truth is I always had a fascination with Rheinland. I made an MND a year ago and had a blast on it.

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Lobster - 02-19-2011

Jacob Kuhnert, if you please, see to it that you extend your bio.

We need to know quite a bit more about you before deciding on your acceptance into the glorious Military of Rheinland.

Jacob Kuhnert, your application is now under review.

I have sent you the questionnaire. Please fill it out and return it when done.

Jacob Kuhnert,

Repost your bio here.

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Names - 02-19-2011

===== [color=#33CC00]Fleet Transfer Application =====

Discovery Forum Name: ping-me
S.K.Y.P.E designation: minor.ping
_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_
Name: Kolt Christian Merkel
Height: 183 cm (6 feet)
Weight: 79 kg. (174 pounds)
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Planet/Station of Origin: Planet Nuremburg, Munich system.

Background Information
Kolt was born in the Altenfurt district of planet Nuremburg in early 790 AS. to Oliver and Elise Merkel. Both his parents worked in the local Military Vehicle factory, his father as a low level manager and his mother the chief administration clerk for his division. The combined income of his parents allowed Kolt to live in moderate comfort within the Rheinland middle class, though he could only spend a limited time with them due to the demands of their respective positions.

As Kolt grew up, he became more and more interested in what lied beyond Nuremburg, but he didn’t have the means to leave the planet and explore the wider world. At the age of 15, he decided the fastest way into space was service in the Rheinland military, and began studying subjects that would assist him in his endeavour.

Kolt applied for a position in the Rheinland Military in 808 AS. at the age of 18. Whilst in training, he picked up more than just the skills required for a fighter pilot. As he learned more about the criminal organisations he was to encounter as a fighter pilot and the atrocities they committed in the name of “freedom and equality”. He developed a desire to put an end to the violent acts perpetrated by groups like the Unioners and Red Hessians. Upon completion of his training, Kolt began his career as a fighter pilot in the Independent fleet, which allowed him the freedom to explore he desired as a child.

By late 812 AS. Kolt had reached the limit of exploration as a military pilot; having visited all of the systems controlled by Rheinland, along with its borders, but still wanted to see the rest of Sirius. He used his savings to purchase a civilian heavy fighter and handed in his resignation papers, starting off a 2 year long tour of the other houses.

Whilst touring the rest of Sirius, Kolt learned much about the other houses, dipping into their culture and taking in the sights, but also keeping up his military training, taking odd jobs against the local criminal organisations to finance his excursion. Though enjoying himself, slowly working his way through the houses and even venturing beyond their borders, he couldn’t help but feel out of place. For much of his life, Kolt was looking out from home, yearning to venture out and take in what the outside world had to offer; now he was looking back to his place of origin, wanting to return to the familiar.

In 815 AS. Kolt’s tour came to an abrupt end. While in the Kyushu System, he received a transmission from this mother. Unioners had launched a major assault on Ingolstadt station and his father was un-accounted for. Kolt raced back to his home at the best speed his fighter could muster, hoping his father was safe and vowing vengeance on those who carried out the attack. Upon his arrival in the Munich system, his fears had come to pass. His father was among the 700 people slaughtered in the attack, killed by a Unioner boarding party while trying to secure a hanger filled with military vehicles.The loss of his father initially affected Kolt rather deeply. After attending a memorial service for those killed in the attack, he applied to join the military once more, partly to avenge his father’s death, but also to prevent such a tragedy in the future.

Within just 6 months, Kolt was placed in command of a fighter wing, patrolling mostly in the Frankfurt and Munich systems, hunting down pirates and terrorists and protecting shipping lanes. With his father’s death still relatively fresh in his mind, he made a particular effort to kill every Unioner ship he came across, and even went as far as vaporising the escape pods of those he destroyed on occasion.

Kolt was briefly re-assigned to the Stuttgart system in late 815 AS. before being promoted to Kapitaen and granted command of the reconnaissance gunboat RNC-Fernspaer which operated mostly in the Omega region to keep an eye on pirate activity. He still hopped in the cockpit of a fighter whenever he had the chance, tagging on with local patrols to keep his skills in check. With tensions between Rheinland and Liberty sharply rising in 817 AS., the RNC-Fernspaer was retrofitted with newer scanning equipment and re-assigned to the border with liberty. Shortly after the current Liberty-Rheinland conflict broke out, the RNC-Fernspaer was heavily damaged by mercenary bomber wing while charting gravimetric anomalies in the Texas System. Though severely damaged, the vessel still managed to make it back to Hamburg, where it was subsequently deemed irreparable and de-commissioned. Kolt was temporarily assigned a fighter wing once more while a new position opened up for him.

In late 817 AS., Kolt was placed in command of a new class of cruiser fitted with long range heavy weaponry, the RNC-Jaeger, designed to counter the waves of capital class vessels employed by the Liberty Navy. The vessel proved to be quite effective in its role, participating in several engagements, including the successful defence on the Hamburg system from a particularly large assault force in mid 818 AS. Since the battle, the RNC-Jaeger has been assigned solely to the defence of the Hamburg system from liberty invasion forces.

Currently, Kolt in command of the gunboat RNC-Erfurt, based out of the Stuttgart system performing border patrols, but is still ensures he has access to a fighter and bomber. Kolt is also on call to command the RNC-Jaeger in case of a significant incursion by Liberty forces. Recent recognition of his service to Rheinland has caught the eye of the Rheinland Military High Command and has prompted him to apply of a position amongst their ranks.

Basic Personality Traits: Kolt is generally an understanding and passive individual in the field, but he tends to be rather unforgiving when it comes to those he deems a threat to Rheinland and its people, particularly members of the Unioners and Red Hessians. He has proven proficient at commanding gunboat and cruiser class ships but prefers the speed and agility of a fighter craft over the lumbering mass of capital ships. In the office, Kolt shows good attention to detail and is quite analytical.

Ship Class:
Wraith VHF
Bergelmir Bomber
RNC-Erfurt (Gunboat)
RNC-Jaeger (Cruiser)

Other:

For how long have you been playing on Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7?
Nearly two years.

What made you come to play on Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7?
This mod was the closest thing to a sequel to the original freelancer, continuing and adding on to the freelancer universe.

What other characters do you have on the Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7 server?
HH|Haze (merc)
{OMS}-Orion (Krüger affiliated miner)
Ping-me (IMG miner)
RSS-Zollkanal (Republican trader)
Quebrado (corsair)

What OOC reason do you have for joining the RM?
I haven't been part of an official faction yet. Thought I may as well join the [RM] as Rheinland is my favoured house. That, and I was asked to join =P.

Kolt Merkel, thank you for the time and effort you have invested into your application. your application is now under review.

I have sent you the questionnaire. Please fill it out and return it when done.

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Lobster - 02-20-2011

Kolt Merkel,

Repost your bio here.