Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map (/showthread.php?tid=101939)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - belarusich - 07-15-2013

Hooorrraaaaayyy, It is now seen that Rheinland loses

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Yoba2895 - 07-15-2013

(07-15-2013, 10:05 PM)belarusich Wrote: Hooorrraaaaayyy, It is now seen that Rheinland loses

It depends on your pilots, you still can do nothing against RNC.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - SummerMcLovin - 07-15-2013

We heard you the first time, Mobi.
Sigma-60 was removed at the start of 4.86

And bela, when a war ends everyone loses (ooRPly). Take a look at Kusari to see the lack of a war's effect on activity.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Kazinsal - 07-15-2013

(07-15-2013, 10:00 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: (setting explosives in key places on the structure - it's not a mass relay, Kazinsal Wink)

Explosives? Sounds expensive -- looks like Rheinland's federal debt just increased! Wink

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - SummerMcLovin - 07-15-2013

They can just use all the cap missiles they'll be unloading from their cruiser fleet [Image: emoticon-00174-bandit.gif]
In seriousness, I wouldn't think it'd be that expensive, but I would expect some kind of come-uppance from Ageira for messing them around. To be honest, I don't really know why they haven't already shut down their lanes and gates, given the war. Maybe the control centre was on Bonn (actually that could be a reasonable explanation).

Yoba, about Bretonia not getting any new systems, earlier today I made a related post here.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Teerin - 07-16-2013

I like the changes I've seen in the 4.87 map.

That being said, I notice that Touraine (GRP guard/home system) has been removed and its lone station obviously moved elsewhere (into Anjou, the GRN system?), which is good. However, if we're looking to reduce the systems like that, you could move the single Maquis base in Savoie to Artois because of their close relationship with the Council. As for the Brigand/Unione Corse systems, you could move their bases to another place in Gallia, or perhaps even the Taus. (EDIT: with maybe other systems such as Quebec or Yukon being removed in a similar manner.)

Anyway, yeah, I realize these suggestions are made too late and that the map is already fixed, but felt like giving input anyway.
Good job though, I look forward to flying around.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Echo 7-7 - 07-16-2013

(07-15-2013, 10:01 PM)Yoba2895 Wrote: So sad. I was expecting for new systems in Bretonia. They ruined my expectations.

Poole will soon be open for business. That's almost a new system.

(07-15-2013, 08:33 PM)Narcotic Wrote: ...
Oh and Cassini being connected to Albama. Will they both stay guard systems? If yes - that might be a strange new warfront between Xenos and Rogues.

They are still guard systems.

(07-15-2013, 08:48 PM)Thexare Wrote: So wait, we have ot go through Xeno Guard space (Alabama) to get to a Freeport (Yukon)? Or are there unannounced changes in those systems?

Freeport 14 is no longer in the Yukon system.

(07-15-2013, 11:39 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: ...
In seriousness, I wouldn't think it'd be that expensive, but I would expect some kind of come-uppance from Ageira for messing them around. To be honest, I don't really know why they haven't already shut down their lanes and gates, given the war. Maybe the control centre was on Bonn (actually that could be a reasonable explanation).

Ageira and DSE's relationship with Rheinland is already severely strained due to the Bonn incident (they still have their own offices on the station though). Without some serious apologies and financial incentives, the two corporations are likely to abandon Rheinland.
While the G/L Network master controls are on the IC stations at the House capitals, since the Networks are the properties of the Houses which purchased them, Ageira/DSE are under legal obligation not to sabotage their own products. However, due to the inherent dangers of space (pirate attacks/hacks, micro-meteorites), the Networks do require regular maintenance, and without the two corporations both working in concert, it does put the longevity of Rheinland's Network in jeapardy.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - McDoogan - 07-16-2013

Omega-15 and Omega-56 are gone.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - SummerMcLovin - 07-16-2013

(07-16-2013, 03:36 AM)McDoogan Wrote: Omega-15 and Omega-56 are
Omega-9 and Omicron Rho respecitively.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Unas - 07-16-2013

It's even worse than it used to be in .86.