Discovery Gaming Community
Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! (/showthread.php?tid=120857)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Lythrilux - 09-25-2014

Any chance of further discussion on this?

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Highland Laddie - 09-26-2014

No, now hush, Lyth. Tongue

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Lythrilux - 09-26-2014

there seems to generally be a positive majority on the idea...

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Chuba - 09-26-2014

bad idea -1

(09-26-2014, 04:00 PM)Chuba Wrote: bad idea -1
why is it bad? If you think something is bad, back it up with an argument so that we can have a discussion Big Grin

(09-21-2014, 05:07 AM)Sabru Wrote:
(09-21-2014, 02:38 AM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Why not just use your Hogs in Liberty against Junkers there, and if you wanna pirate in Bretonia.....then why not use some of the already existing factions like Gaians, Mollys, 'Sairs?

ahem. We could, sure, but then that would complicate things for hogosha in liberty. Same thing with rheinland. We could hunt each other, but as both groups maintain a roughly legalish stance in those houses we'd be unwilling to throw that away willy nilly for pews.

Bretonia is, however, an opposite mirror to Kusari. Junkers hostile to Kusari, but welcome in Bret - Hogosha hostile to Bret, obvious in kusari. Junkers can pirate in Kusari, so it makes sense to allow Hogosha to pirate in Bretonia.

that's called Balance.

Going back to this.... you think that Hogosha pirating in Bretonia wouldn't complicate things for them the same it would for Liberty? You ARE aware that Bretonia and Kusari are no longer at war, right? So, I can't imagine Bretonia would feel kindly when Hoghosha shows up pirating and attacking people in Bretonia, even if they were just Junkers. It would certainly complicate Bretonia-Kusari relations even as they are just starting to normalize, and given Kusari's need to recover their economy and rebuild to get out from Gallic influence, I can't imagine the Kusari government would allow Hogosha to ruin that for them.

If Hoghosha maybe wanted special permission to attack Junkers in Inverness, that might be more the route to go, but freedom to go into Bretonia-proper just makes no sense.

(09-26-2014, 04:04 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote:
(09-21-2014, 05:07 AM)Sabru Wrote:
(09-21-2014, 02:38 AM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Why not just use your Hogs in Liberty against Junkers there, and if you wanna pirate in Bretonia.....then why not use some of the already existing factions like Gaians, Mollys, 'Sairs?

ahem. We could, sure, but then that would complicate things for hogosha in liberty. Same thing with rheinland. We could hunt each other, but as both groups maintain a roughly legalish stance in those houses we'd be unwilling to throw that away willy nilly for pews.

Bretonia is, however, an opposite mirror to Kusari. Junkers hostile to Kusari, but welcome in Bret - Hogosha hostile to Bret, obvious in kusari. Junkers can pirate in Kusari, so it makes sense to allow Hogosha to pirate in Bretonia.

that's called Balance.

Going back to this.... you think that Hogosha pirating in Bretonia wouldn't complicate things for them the same it would for Liberty? You ARE aware that Bretonia and Kusari are no longer at war, right? So, I can't imagine Bretonia would feel kindly when Hoghosha shows up pirating and attacking people in Bretonia, even if they were just Junkers. It would certainly complicate Bretonia-Kusari relations even as they are just starting to normalize, and given Kusari's need to recover their economy and rebuild to get out from Gallic influence, I can't imagine the Kusari government would allow Hogosha to ruin that for them.

If Hoghosha maybe wanted special permission to attack Junkers in Inverness, that might be more the route to go, but freedom to go into Bretonia-proper just makes no sense.
Hogosha are listed as a criminal organization in Bretonia. That's a perfect enough reason for them to go pirating in there, because the diplomacy has been done for them already.

A criminal organization that mainly operates within the confines of Kusari and its borders. And it is already well known and established that the Hogosha operate with the blessings of the Kusari government. So, for Hogosha to start showing up in Bretonia would mean that they are doing so with Kusari's blessing...which would put diplomatic strain between the Bretonia and Kusari governments to do something about it or risk going back to hostilities.

The reverse would happen if you started seeing a bunch of Bretonian Privateers operating within Kusari, which I think no longer have Kusari within their ZOI (I think they've been re-purposed to mainly go after Gallia). They can still try to hit them in the Taus, but should avoid pirating within Kusari's borders.

(09-26-2014, 04:17 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: A criminal organization that mainly operates within the confines of Kusari and its borders. And it is already well known and established that the Hogosha operate within the blessings set down by the Kusari government. So, for Hogosha to start showing up in Bretonia would mean that they are doing so with Kusari's blessing...which would put diplomatic strain between the Bretonia and Kusari governments to do something about it or risk going back to hostilities.

The reverse would happen if you started seeing a bunch of Bretonian Privateers operating within Kusari, which I think no longer have Kusari within their ZOI (I think they've been re-purposed to mainly go after Gallia). They can still try to hit them in the Taus, but should avoid pirating within Kusari's borders.
Considering how they haven't had anyone try to deal with them so far, given their criminal status, I'd say such a change would not have damaging inRP consequences for Kusari.

RE: Expand Hogosha ZoI into Bretonia! - Chuba - 09-26-2014

(09-26-2014, 04:03 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(09-26-2014, 04:00 PM)Chuba Wrote: bad idea -1
why is it bad? If you think something is bad, back it up with an argument so that we can have a discussion Big Grin

well,They are in Liberty already why would they need bretonia ? what purpose helping their "allies" yea no