Discovery Gaming Community
Jumping out of combat... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Jumping out of combat... (/showthread.php?tid=123727)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Jumping out of combat... - sindroms - 12-16-2014

Let's also mention how 99% of coordinate acquiring is done by zoner caps in an oorp and metagamy manner.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Lythrilux - 12-16-2014

(12-16-2014, 01:23 PM)sindroms Wrote: Let's also mention how 99% of coordinate acquiring is done by zoner caps in an oorp and metagamy manner.
Exactly, the system really needs a revamp.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - black widow3 - 12-16-2014

(12-16-2014, 01:14 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: I am pretty sure the thing is fixed already for the next version.

And yes: It is totally stupid.
The mechanism is alright.
The way it is used is horrible.

Fight.
Wait until dying.
Jump out. Suicide (because of equipment damage)
Respawn in fighting system.
Repeat.

It is a balancing problem. Nothing else.
JDs need to be made useful for more than just "I am unkillable! LOLOLOLOL! I am a jumping bot-factory! LOLOLOL!"

No it is not totally stupid, it's a great fail safe against gank fleets.

From the way you describe infinitely jumping bot factories just shows me you have no idea about jumping at all or the mechanics involved in it.

No one uses combat jumping to botfeed people that I have seen anyway.

It is used as a means of escape, I use it to escape when I am being ganked.

Having the ability to return to a fight does not make you invincible as you are not always guaranteed an escape.

Jumpers die eventually, however if the opposing fails to recognise which ship is jump capable and thus allow to continue returning to battle then that is the failure of the opposing side not the jump drive.

You should know in your enemies fleet has JDs and concentrate on killing them first.

It's because the OP is not good at that, that this thread even exists. Just a moan is all this is.

(12-16-2014, 01:23 PM)sindroms Wrote: Let's also mention how 99% of coordinate acquiring is done by zoner caps in an oorp and metagamy manner.

My scanner ship is a LSF btw you can't call coord gathering oorp or meta. Since a lot of the new features like building cloaks require nomnomnom brains. There collection is not exactly straight forward.

(12-16-2014, 01:30 PM)black widow3 Wrote:

My scanner ship is a LSF btw you can't call coord gathering oorp or meta.
You are the 1%

(12-16-2014, 01:30 PM)black widow3 Wrote: Since a lot of the new features like building cloaks require nomnomnom brains. There collection is not exactly straight forward.
The way cloaks are made is getting altered next update. Yuri hasn't said exactly how though.

Black, I suggest you go take a chill pill, because you are taking this oddly per....oh. Ohhhhhhh.
I see.

Also, unless I specifically said that everyone uses zoner caps, I did not accuse you of using oorp means of acquiring coords. So I suggest you re-read my comment again.
Also, nobody here is moeaning. Moaning would be posting every 5 minutes to argue with people. Everyone else is posting at least 2 or so paragraphs of things they find bad or good about the situation.

Chill.

(12-16-2014, 01:21 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: I for one would like to see this mechanic removed because it's really stupid. Jack pretty much lists all of my arguments.
However, as a means to make it more useful again, why don't we make jumping much more accurate? Remove the need for survey modules and that rubbish, just allow anyone (for example another military ship on the jumpers side during an engagement) to do command like /getcoordinates and then these coordinates can be relayed to a jumper for easy and accurate jumping.

This thing jack speaks of is not a problem of the JD but of the opposing side, if you can't keep tabs on the jumpers then attack them first then you shouldn't be fighting.

(12-16-2014, 01:35 PM)black widow3 Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 01:21 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: I for one would like to see this mechanic removed because it's really stupid. Jack pretty much lists all of my arguments.
However, as a means to make it more useful again, why don't we make jumping much more accurate? Remove the need for survey modules and that rubbish, just allow anyone (for example another military ship on the jumpers side during an engagement) to do command like /getcoordinates and then these coordinates can be relayed to a jumper for easy and accurate jumping.
This thing jack speaks of is not a problem of the JD but of the opposing side, if you can't keep tabs on the jumpers then attack them first then you shouldn't be fighting.

Nah, Jack pretty much hits the nail on the head. Jump drives are broken in regards to this technique and there is no argument to state otherwise.

(12-16-2014, 01:35 PM)black widow3 Wrote:

Yes. And poor people should stop being poor.

(12-16-2014, 01:34 PM)sindroms Wrote: Black, I suggest you go take a chill pill, because you are taking this oddly per....oh. Ohhhhhhh.
I see.

Also, unless I specifically said that everyone uses zoner caps, I did not accuse you of using oorp means of acquiring coords. So I suggest you re-read my comment again.
Also, nobody here is moeaning. Moaning would be posting every 5 minutes to argue with people. Everyone else is posting at least 2 or so paragraphs of things they find bad or good about the situation.

Chill.

I am chilled I am just making my point is all, I don't see why you are against them though. Everything promotionally you have done for disco now all of a sudden you want to remove one of the cool features of this game?

Surely this is counter-productive?

These features are what make disco unique, no other mod allows you to have cloaks, jump drives, user built / maintained objects - POBs, completely unique to disco. Removing or neutering them would be a disaster.