Discovery Gaming Community
Ultimate Freelancer Graphics and SFX Pack v1.3 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Ultimate Freelancer Graphics and SFX Pack v1.3 (/showthread.php?tid=142159)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Graphics and SFX Pack v1.0 - Langolier - 03-08-2017

Definitely going to check out those add ons I like the idea of the realistic stars for sure!

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Graphics and SFX Pack v1.0 - Foxglove - 03-08-2017

From what I've seen in the previews: I do not like it for one simple reason: It is too bright. Space is actually fairly dark, and I do believe that the lighting on everything is way too high. If I have the sun in my back, I should only be able to make out the contours of my ship, but not the textures, because there is no light to illuminate them. It's simply nothing for me like this.

Perhaps the realistic stars add on may address this?

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Graphics and SFX Pack v1.0 - Foxglove - 03-08-2017

Yeah, those definitely seem nice, but I was more talking about the dynamic lighting on ships/stations. If there is one light source, a sun, there is always one side being shone on and the other one is in the shadow. Vanilla and Disco definitely don't address this.

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Graphics and SFX Pack v1.0 - DragonRider - 03-08-2017

(03-08-2017, 10:57 PM)Foxglove Wrote: From what I've seen in the previews: I do not like it for one simple reason: It is too bright. Space is actually fairly dark, and I do believe that the lighting on everything is way too high. If I have the sun in my back, I should only be able to make out the contours of my ship, but not the textures, because there is no light to illuminate them. It's simply nothing for me like this.

Lighting is handled by the engine and cannot be modified, unless you use a certain mod. However said mod is not allowed to be used with Discovery. But yeah, I understand what you mean. I have no way of changing that.

Your only option is the turn down the brightness/gamma or use the dark ENB from the Swag Pack.

Yep, and if any of you have played Crossfire, it uses either that mod or one very similar. It's noticeably darker, which I prefer as well. But..., not allowed here for some reason.

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Graphics and SFX Pack v1.0 - Enkidu - 03-09-2017

(03-08-2017, 10:41 PM)Langolier Wrote: PM sent

I concur that it should be in the stock mod install, at least with a checkbox, along with Sombra's music pack. It's not like its going to hugely increase the system requirements.

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Graphics and SFX Pack v1.0 - Langolier - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 01:45 PM)Tanith Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 10:41 PM)Langolier Wrote: PM sent

I concur that it should be in the stock mod install, at least with a checkbox, along with Sombra's music pack. It's not like its going to hugely increase the system requirements.

Indeed. I have a most decidedly "potatoish" laptop with (ugh) integrated graphics, and the only time I experience fps drops are when there are a large number of players nearby. This pack adds so much, yet as you stated, doesn't require a beast of a GPU to run. It's time to give Disco an upgrade!

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Graphics and SFX Pack v1.0 - DragonRider - 03-10-2017

New minor update is out!

It was supposed to be a major audio update, however it turned out to be a not-so-major audio update.

Also added a video preview for the new sounds.

As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome!

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Graphics and SFX Pack v1.0 - Epo - 03-12-2017

I guess that's a bug over there. All settings are at max.