Discovery Gaming Community
Thoughts That Win - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Thoughts That Win (/showthread.php?tid=14101)

Thoughts That Win - Captain - 11-03-2009

"Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind." ~Buddha

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 11-03-2009

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed." - Buddha.

Thoughts That Win - Ridisk - 11-04-2009

' Wrote:"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed." - Buddha.
haha ironically, I played a game that once was the opposite of this. 17 of us were blindfolded and put into a huge maze, without being allowed to take our blindfolds off, we had to find our way out of the maze.

After 5 minutes and no one finding the exist, our teacher asked a girl if she needed up, she said yes(granted she was always the first to give up), and he guided her to the exit.

Another 5 minutes passed, and once again the teacher asked a guy, do you need help, he said no.

We all kept on going through the maze for the next half hour we were all still blindfolded, looking for the exit of the maze, by then I had mapped out the whole thing in my head, and was so confused as to wear the exit was.

Some people accepted help, others declined at first but then gave in, and were guided to the exit.

Then there was only me left in the maze, I never accepted help from anyone in a physical challenge nor puzzle challenges, and outside of that I almost never ask for help from anyone ever. With this mindset, I felt frustrated that I couldn't find the exit, but all my class mates had and were asking me if I needed help.

After another hour, the teacher said to me, sometimes you need to ask for help to be set free. So I asked for help, and the teacher took off my blindfold and told me that there was no exit to the maze, the way to get out was to accept help or ask for it. I'll let you think about your own life lesson from it, but it's an exercise that I will never forget, and hope to use someday recreate this for others, to pass on what I learned.

Thoughts That Win - johnpeter - 11-05-2009

"People are pretty much alike. It's only that our differences are more susceptible to definition than our similarities. "
Linda Ellerbee

Thoughts That Win - Soar - 11-05-2009

"The neighbour's grass is always greener, until you realize that it's artificial."

Can't quite remember who thought of this one.

Thoughts That Win - johnpeter - 11-06-2009

The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom.
H. L. Mencken

Thoughts That Win - darthbeck - 11-08-2009

It was colder then the seventh level of hell. With extra satan.
-Gregory pimental.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 11-10-2009

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppose." - Frederick Douglass.

Thoughts That Win - pieguy259 - 11-10-2009

' Wrote:haha ironically, I played a game that once was the opposite of this. 17 of us were blindfolded and put into a huge maze, without being allowed to take our blindfolds off, we had to find our way out of the maze.

After 5 minutes and no one finding the exist, our teacher asked a girl if she needed up, she said yes(granted she was always the first to give up), and he guided her to the exit.

Another 5 minutes passed, and once again the teacher asked a guy, do you need help, he said no.

We all kept on going through the maze for the next half hour we were all still blindfolded, looking for the exit of the maze, by then I had mapped out the whole thing in my head, and was so confused as to wear the exit was.

Some people accepted help, others declined at first but then gave in, and were guided to the exit.

Then there was only me left in the maze, I never accepted help from anyone in a physical challenge nor puzzle challenges, and outside of that I almost never ask for help from anyone ever. With this mindset, I felt frustrated that I couldn't find the exit, but all my class mates had and were asking me if I needed help.

After another hour, the teacher said to me, sometimes you need to ask for help to be set free. So I asked for help, and the teacher took off my blindfold and told me that there was no exit to the maze, the way to get out was to accept help or ask for it. I'll let you think about your own life lesson from it, but it's an exercise that I will never forget, and hope to use someday recreate this for others, to pass on what I learned.

Wait... but... how did you get INTO the maze?

Thoughts That Win - DarthCloakedGuy - 11-10-2009

' Wrote:Wait... but... how did you get INTO the maze?
.beam, obviously.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." ~John Wayne