Discovery Gaming Community
The wiki update status - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: Discovery Wiki (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Thread: The wiki update status (/showthread.php?tid=22144)

DELETE - SnakThree - 08-12-2014

DELETE

RE: The wiki update status - CPO_Mendez - 08-16-2014

Now I've been going through some of the pages and have noticed that almost everything is still set back in 4.86 or older. So I've been going through and updating some pages. But, I can't seem to find a decent place that has guidelines for editing the pages. If someone could let me know how I'm doing or what needs to be changed that'd be great.

RE: The wiki update status - Gulryz - 08-16-2014

(08-16-2014, 10:21 AM)CPO_Mendez Wrote: Now I've been going through some of the pages and have noticed that almost everything is still set back in 4.86 or older. So I've been going through and updating some pages. But, I can't seem to find a decent place that has guidelines for editing the pages. If someone could let me know how I'm doing or what needs to be changed that'd be great.

Look I was updating it manually but Conard is creating a programme to update wiki automatically

RE: The wiki update status - Remnant - 08-16-2014

I've been playing around with the source, and have managed to parse out all the new information. I've spoken with Blodo yesterday, and may have a place to actually put the thing coming up soon.

I do have other things I need to take care of during the day, although a big chunk of time is getting this thing working. I'd expect an update-bot running in about a week once I figure out the slight errors i'm getting right now.

RE: The wiki update status - CPO_Mendez - 08-17-2014

(08-16-2014, 10:50 AM)osama gulryz Wrote: Look I was updating it manually but Conard is creating a programme to update wiki automatically

I'm new around here and mean no offence, just want to do my part. If Conard is making a program to do it automatically, then I take it my services are not needed. When I first checked the forums I was unable to post and had to wait so I just started doing my thing. I can continue or wait. Just want to do my part. Smile

RE: The wiki update status - Mao - 08-17-2014

I say we wait for the script/program/whatever and then make manual adjustments if necessary.

RE: The wiki update status - CPO_Mendez - 08-17-2014

Copy that.

RE: The wiki update status - Remnant - 08-17-2014

How things are most likely going to work once this thing is running, is that we indeed will still need people to update the wiki manually. There 'was' a wikibot included with it, although the bot is not even close to being completed, nor is it efficient in any way.

Once this is up and public (Speaking with Blodo on getting it put up as a subdomain) you will be able to go in and generate pages like this.

Click Me

This information is being generated with the latest files, so most of the data 'should' be correct, only requiring a copy-paste job into the correct page.

There will be some small glitches as well, something which i'll see about fixing over time. For an example of the glitch, if you look near the bottom of that image up above, there is this line.

Code:
|[[Evora Shipyard]]||[[Order Guard]]||[[Omicron-100]]||[[Nomad]]

The last line with the [[Nomad]] is specifying the buy location (Base location). Which.. obviously is not "Nomad"

I'll be keeping this thread updated if there are any more changes.

Edit: While i'm thinking about it, the Armors aren't being displayed correctly, although I have a feeling it's only a small parse problem. I expect to get that patched up soon as well.

Edit: Edit: It's Conrad, not Conard Sad

RE: The wiki update status - Havok - 08-24-2014

I'll be willing to help you update Wiki when you get this tool up and running, just hit me up on Skype.

RE: The wiki update status - Remnant - 08-25-2014

The script is now running, however the hosting situation hasn't been figured out yet. For the time being, i've released a local web-server address to those in the [Angels].

I'll be working with them on how to use scripts to update the Wiki for the time being until I can find an external place to slip the files on.

I'll make a full release for anyone who wants to use the scripts once I get everything figured out. You'll see a few pages on the Wiki lose the 'Outdated Version' header, which means that a new copy has been put in place.

Hopefully i'll get this thing up relatively soon, thanks for your patience and support.

I can't grammar tonight, although you folks deserved an update