Discovery Gaming Community
Kaiserliche Rheinwehr [RM] - Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Kaiserliche Rheinwehr [RM] - Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=22618)

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Vrabcek - 07-12-2011

Johan.Frankenstolz,

[color=#33ff33]Your application is accepted. Welcome to the Rheinland Military.

You are required to report to the Recruit briefing auditorium ASAP and watch this video. This is mandatory

BOOKMARK "The Rheinland Military Information Center, Central Access to the Rheinland Military Database"
Here's your copy of the field manual. The naming conventions are listed here(scroll down until you see "Ship Naming Convention"). You are cleared to fighter class (Wrath VHF and Snubnose bomber) ships.

The standard ship is the Wrath. You are not required to have a bomber for starters, but you are encouraged to procure one also if you have the means to acquire it.

Repost your bio here.

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Yikagi - 07-13-2011

Discovery Forum Name: Yikagi
Name: Von Stauffenberg
S.K.Y.P.E designation(//username): yikagi

Height: 5'10
Weight: 130
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black

Planet/Station of Origin: The Ring

Background Information: Well, his parents were working for Daumann. In the Ring, he learned how to ride a fighter ship while he was 12. He was going to planet New Berlin for school but he was living the ring. He moved to planet new berlin while he was 19. He graduated from the university while he was 22. He falled in love with a girl named Gisele Bundchen. She broke up with her after dating 3 years. is girlfriend joined the Bundshuch. That made him hate them. His father's name was Adolf and his mother was Gretchen. They were such a cute couple. They met in highschool while they were 16. His family was really rich because they were working hard. That's one of the reasons why Stauffenberg's friends call him "nerd". He couldn't see his parents all the time because they were always trading. But in planet New Berlin, he learned how to be a "adult". 2 years ago his parents made a mistake in their Waypoints and they found themselves in Texas. They got killed by Libert Navy. That day, he decided to join The Military.

Basic Personality Traits: Clever, die-hard. He takes seriously the orders. Survivor,
Ship Class:Rheinland Very Heavy Fighter "Wraith"

Other: "I really want to join the Rehinland Military."

For how long have you been playing on Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7 ?
4 years

What made you come play on Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7 ?
The most crowded server and nice role playing.

What other characters do you have on the Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7 server?
I have an Outcast Character and a Trader Character

What OOC reason do you have for joining the RM?
I'm Turkish but i like Germany i always liked their engineering. And in the game, the ships have green engines. I like that.

edit: Bio extended.

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Vrabcek - 07-13-2011

Von Stauffenberg,
danke for your application for the Rheinwehr.
But Im afraid the bio you provided us, is not sufficient.
Please add more information about you so I could send your application to the High command.

signed
[color=#33FF33]Leutnant Sarah Austerlitz
Secretary of the High command

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Yikagi - 07-13-2011

Bio extended.

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Vrabcek - 07-14-2011

[font=Century Gothic]Von Stauffenberg, I have checked the information you provided us and your aplication is now under review.
Please fill out the [color=#33FF33]questionnaire
I have sent you, so you can prove whether you are experienced enough to join the Rheinwehr forces.

signed
Leutnant Sarah Austerlitz

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Vrabcek - 07-14-2011

Von Stauffenberg,

You are required to report to the Recruit briefing auditorium ASAP and watch this video. This is mandatory

BOOKMARK "The Rheinland Military Information Center, Central Access to the Rheinland Military Database"
Here's your copy of the field manual. The naming conventions are listed here(scroll down until you see "Ship Naming Convention"). You are cleared to fighter class (Wrath VHF and Snubnose bomber) ships.

The standard ship is the Wrath. You are not required to have a bomber for starters, but you are encouraged to procure one also if you have the means to acquire it.

Repost your bio here.

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - eltt - 07-14-2011

Discovery Forum Name: elt
Name: Jonas Schmidt
S.K.Y.P.E designation(//username): elt

Height:1,84 m / 6 ft 0,44 in
Weight: 80kg / 176,36 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Greyblue

Planet/Station of Origin: Hamburg

Background Information:

Jonas Schmidt was born on Planet Hamburg near Hafen City at the 30th January 796 A.S. as a child of a middle class family. During his primary education he developed a strong interest in flying. Unfortunately his family had not enough money to support this interest financial.
He absolved the primary education with average grades and decided to continue his education at the University of Hafen City, where he studied Betriebswitschaftslehre (buisness studies), because he thought he later would earn enough money through his study, to finance a pilot license and finally buy a ship. During his first semster brake he found an offer by Republican Shipping on the notice board of the University, saying that Republican Shipping is searching for temporary pilots to fly small freighters. Linked with this job offer there also was an offer for a cheap credit to earn a pilot license with the help of Republican Shipping. "This is my chance to realise my dream of getting a pilot license!" Jonas thought to himself and signed in for the job.

Jonas was accepted by Republican Shipping and spent the semester brake in the flight scool and finally got the pilot license. During the other semester brakes of his study he worked for Republican Shipping as temporary pilot, where he earned nearly no money, because he had to pay off the credit.
Becasue of the contact and some talks to other Republican Shipping pilots, Jonas found out about the frequent and sometimes very dangerous pirate attacks on civilians and corporations. While a trade run together with another temporary pilot he even was intercepted by pirates himself. The pirates demanded the cargo of the two freigthers and threatened to shoot anyone not complying. Unfortunately the other pilot lost his nerves and tried to run. Of course the 2 pirates opened fire on the fleeing freighter and of course the freighter didn`t stand a chance and was blown away quite fast. Luckily the pilot managed to bail out with his escape pod before the freighter exploded. When the pilot ejected Jonas rushed in to traktor him into his freighter and tried to flee. The pirates pursued them and Jonas had problems to shake the pirates of. When the pirates approached more and more Jonas decided to eject the cargo to distract them from the freighter. The pirates stoped, which allowed Jonas to escape and dock on a Republican Shipping base. Without his cargo and the second freighter, but alive.

After this dangerous occourance Jonas decided not to take a job in the economy, as he originally intended to, but to join the Rheinland Military and protect others form experiencing such things as he did. After he finisched his study, he signed in in the secondary fleet first, to make sure this is really what he wants to do.

After some time in the secondary fleet he was sure and handed in an application to a recruitement center in Hafen City.

Basic Personality Traits: Logical thinking; Wouldn`t start a forlorn fight, but also wouldn`t abandon anyone regardless of the situation.

Ship Class:
Wraith - 90-ARKM-N45 Rheinland Very Heavy Fighter
Bergelmir - 140-ARKM-N58 Rheinland Bomber

Other:

For around 1 month.

Because of the many players.

-IC trader
-Krüger miner
-Freelancer
I like the Rheinland ships and was active in Rheinland on another server.

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Vrabcek - 07-15-2011

[font=Century Gothic]Jonas Schmidt, I have checked the information you provided us and your aplication is now under review.
Please fill out the [color=#33FF33]questionnaire
I have sent you, so you can prove whether you are experienced enough to join the Rheinwehr forces.

signed
Leutnant Sarah Austerlitz

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Vrabcek - 07-17-2011

Jonas Schmidt,

Repost your bio here.

Rheinland Military Recruitment! - Henners91 - 07-26-2011

Discovery Forum Name: Henners
Name: Hubert Gruber
S.K.Y.P.E designation(//username): Henners91

Height: 5,11"
Weight: 176 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Planet/Station of Origin: Stuttgart

Background Information:

(Apologies if I get some basic elements of chronology wrong; I must admit that I do not know how long the Houses have been at war in the present day, so some of the pre-war story may be nonsensical)

Hubert Gruber was born on Stuttgart, the oldest child of a large family. With eight children to attend to, Gruber's mother had her hands full as a full-time mother and housekeeper, relying entirely on the income of her husband, Pieter, a farm labourer. Although times were trying and the family only barely survived the hardship that followed Rheinland's economic depression following the Nomad War, disaster was to strike when Hubert reached the age of seventeen. Synth Foods' latest tier of expansion encompassed Pieter's farming cooperative and improved mechanisation and automation resultant from the Liberty firm's efficient technologies resulted in the labourer losing his job. For Pieter, who had long watched the injustices enacted upon Stuttgart's labour, resultant from the economic liberalisation of the Rheinland economy, this was the last straw; Hubert's disgruntled father threw his lot in with the Landwirtrechtbewegung, trusting his eldest son to assume his place as the family's breadwinner: As much as his wife may have despaired at him for his decision, Pieter maintained that the good of the nation came before that of his family. The episode left Gruber with severely conflicting emotions and thoughts: On the one hand, his father was correct; the economic reforms of Rheinland and the predatory corporate policies of the Liberty auslanders did indeed seem to be destroying his planet's very way of life, yet this did not warrant a man abandoning his family to almost certain poverty. Indeed, Gruber's bitterness was only fed further as he was unable to find work and his family lost their home, whilst all the while yet more of his friends, relatives and associates were unable to work: Yet this could not translate into nationalist fervor or a desire to see the fatherland rise once more, as ultimately it was because of the Landwirtrechtbewegung that his father had deserted them and worsened his loved ones' ordeal, yet this man was still Hubert's father and he loved him; even as the very sentinels that Gruber believed should be helping the people of Stuttgart and, by extension, the Landwirtrechtbewegung, were hunting him. Gruber was never to hear from his father again and eventually came to accept he was likely dead; the military crackdowns evidently were at least partly effective; thusly, Gruber did and likely would have continued to hold the Rheinwehr in scant regard if events did not transpire the way they did. Indeed, other youths in his situation would have jumped at the chance to enlist if it meant steady pay, accommodation and a pension.

The war changed everything. Although Hubert had only known the economic impact of the Nomad War, the new War Between the Houses would change everything: Suddenly the Libertonian foe was fair game, when the war was declared, the property belonging to Synth foods burned: Landwirtrechtbewegung sympathisers across the planet descended upon the various Liberty enclaves and destroyed all that was before them. The newly liberated land was placed once more under Rheinlander ownership and the new ownership at once set toward expansion to meet the demands of wartime; Hubert's siblings that were old enough were able to find work and he was no longer tied down as the only breadwinner. This was a time for introspectiveness for Hubert, his nation was standing on his feet once more and for the first time in his life he had the power to decide what he was going to do. As much as he may have detested the military, there was an opportunity to further support his mother, to finally get back at those who had ravaged Stuttgart and to fly, safe in the knowledge that for once the military was fighting the auslanders and not men like his father.

Basic Personality Traits: Personality traits; Introvert, dry, sarcastic, crudely nationalistic.

Ship Class:
Leave this blank for now.

Other: Gruber is not a man who loves the military; of course only a fool would voice dissent when within its ranks but this is a pilot who seeks his commission in order to wage the war itself. His ideology is one that sees Rheinland regain its posture and then look out for its own. It is likely that when the conflict ends, so too will his career; he has no ambition to go career but merely to fight the good fight and then go home to his family. As he would put it: 'The Fatherland called, and I answered.'

Just over a year, though my play was mostly intensive around the summer period last year and the autumn up to Christmas. I then became very much a casual before dropping off entirely. All of this time was spent as a Benitez within the Corsairs.

I initially came to the server simply because it was an active community playing Freelancer, which is one of my favourite games of all time. However, this is not to say that I was ignorant as to roleplay or adverse to it; before playing Discovery I had spend two years on Second Life roleplay (I assure you, I kept to one Star Wars sim and did not stray into the more... deviant/subversive areas...). Discovery hooked me for a fair while because it merged roleplay with Freelancer; as obvious as that sounds, you have to appreciate how awesome that actually is.

I enjoy roleplay because I am an escapist, an escapist with a lot of time on his hands. I also love a good story; combine that with escapism and that's pretty much what roleplay is for, no?

Corsair - Roberto Benitez (various ships and thusly various variations of this name, division is what changes: -, ~, etc.).
CF-Buque_de_Myrtos
Elliot_Nash

As the dates suggest, the last I played Freelancer intensively was the previous summer before my university term and the starting autumn term of that year. I have to put it out right now that the reason my activity withered away was because of time constraints; at the end of the day my courses and essays were more important to me than gaming.

However, all of that is behind me now and as I approach the third year, with only a dissertation to worry me, I find myself idle again. I get that the way these two paragraphs are going right now this might read as 'I played because I was bored and then left when I wasn't', but hopefully I can show why I am worthwhile having around.

I wish to join the Rheinland Military because I miss roleplay, I miss space combat and I am idle. I'm a darn good roleplayer with a lot of experience (Discovery, Second Life, WoW, LARP) and although I could go just back to the Benitez (and indeed, I was planning to; we did not part on bad terms) I wish to get in on the action between the houses: I saw a fleet battle today above Planet Hamburg that blew me away; much larger than anything I saw with the Corsairs. I can't offer much in the way of commitment and I shan't even pretend that I can, I am joining to use up the void of space ahead of me that is the summer holiday before once again returning to my work commitments when I'm back at University. In honesty, I probably wouldn't even aim for a rank past Gefreiter. With that cocky and perhaps presumptive attitude on full display, it is likely best for me to spell out what RM gets if they accept me? They get an able roleplayer, who can write and spell, use the forums, knows the server rules, can already play the game, a mature player and, most importantly, another body to have flying around in a fleet battle. I know roleplay and I know Discovery; I know how frustrating it can be when lolwuts masquerade about embarrassing their faction. I want to get back in on Freelancer roleplay over the next two months and then I may likely be gone, but at least the server can have one more sensible individual who really is committed to providing a good experience, being a friendly presence and working his hardest to ensure he knows his story, will post on your forums, take part in your events, knows the rules and does as he is told.

I do hope you take me onboard and we can have fun whilst my time here lasts:)