Discovery Gaming Community
The wiki update status - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: Discovery Wiki (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Thread: The wiki update status (/showthread.php?tid=22144)

RE: The wiki update status - Remnant - 02-02-2015

Hey there, i've just put the new game data through the parser, after a sleepless night tonight, I should be able to get an updated Wiki updating tool available to start getting the job done.

The update just won't go 'poof' overnight and be updated, it's a process as there's no set way to have a bot update all of the pages. All that we can pull off right now is have a system which generates the pages, which we merely paste into the correct section where it should be.

RE: The wiki update status - Remnant - 02-13-2015

Tools are complete, things are being discussed with Error on how to get this thing up to where it needs to be. We'll be back in a while with some sort of system hopefully.

RE: The wiki update status - Error - 02-13-2015

Expect some slowdowns and perhaps a few other minor issues while using the Wiki over the next few days; I've made (and will probably make) a few changes to the most used templates on the Wiki such as Template:Version, which implies that the poor web server will have to generate all the ~2200 pages that it is used on again.

You may also see some temporary issues with the layout, as that has been changed a bit over the last few days. This applies to the front page in particular after it was worked over a bit earlier this week. These issues may be resolved by emptying your cache and refreshing using Ctrl + F5 if you're lucky.

In other news: Got 400+ edits and 180+ pages updated for v4.88.0.0 over the last two days. Heading in the right direction again at last. [Image: emoticon-0162-coffee.gif]

RE: The wiki update status - xiphos - 02-19-2015

Hey there. Noticed a few changes in the Player Groups Section by Snak3 two days ago. If i remember correctly, the Artisan Farmers Alliance was in that list. Why was it removed completly and not moved atleast to the inactive section? I added them back to active becuase they are still available at the Forum.

RE: The wiki update status - SnakThree - 02-19-2015

(02-19-2015, 11:29 AM)xiphos Wrote: Hey there. Noticed a few changes in the Player Groups Section by Snak3 two days ago. If i remember correctly, the Artisan Farmers Alliance was in that list. Why was it removed completly and not moved atleast to the inactive section? I added them back to active becuase they are still available at the Forum.

(cur | prev) 04:19, 20 September 2012‎ Snak3 (Talk | contribs)‎ m . . (-198)‎ . . (→‎Kusari Player Factions: AFA removed.)

Few years since they lost officiality and were removed from list of official factions.

Was talking about the Player group section for the unoficial factions. I didn't talk about the Player faction section which is for the official factions. Hope that is clear enough now.

RE: The wiki update status - SnakThree - 02-19-2015

(02-19-2015, 12:30 PM)xiphos Wrote: Was talking about the Player group section for the unoficial factions. I didn't talk about the Player faction section which is for the official factions. Hope that is clear enough now.

Then AFA was never there to begin with.

Ok. Then we can close this case with a short and clear 'my mistake' Smile Wink

Thank you.

P.S. Let's blame Zelot....

RE: The wiki update status - .Gypsy. - 03-05-2015

Hello, not sure this was mentioned. Was checking out the wiki after being gone for awhile and noticed that the Order Light Carrier price is listed as $500.000.000 rather then $500,000,000 this causes it to show on top as the lowest priced ship when sorting (though its not)

Just FYI Smile Also great job on all the hard tedious work!

RE: The wiki update status - SnakThree - 03-05-2015

(03-05-2015, 05:42 PM).Gypsy. Wrote: Hello, not sure this was mentioned. Was checking out the wiki after being gone for awhile and noticed that the Order Light Carrier price is listed as $500.000.000 rather then $500,000,000 this causes it to show on top as the lowest priced ship when sorting (though its not)

Just FYI Smile Also great job on all the hard tedious work!

Then please log in and edit it.