Discovery Gaming Community
Why traders don't pay? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Why traders don't pay? (/showthread.php?tid=134255)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Why traders don't pay? - jammi - 12-27-2015

I don't pay because I'm generally belligerent when flying transports and am armed and armoured specifically to fight. Advantaged of having a CAU equipped Shire that's bristling with guns. Unless the odds are clearly against me, I'll try my luck.

First port of call is usually to try and negotiate my way out though. I'm happy to waste 15 minutes of trading time on threats, bargaining and negotiation just for the sake of RP. I've even been known to steer intentionally into pirates just to spice things up.

RE: Why traders don't pay? - Melisandre - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 01:27 PM)Traxit Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 06:32 AM)Chance Wrote:
(12-26-2015, 06:43 PM)Traxit Wrote:
(12-26-2015, 06:40 PM)Qurchak Wrote: Transports were nerfed? I didn't know, nice, nice, I'll need to test it now. I usually tax traders more when I notice they try to fool me (paying just 5M for train full of ore), or when they try run or stall the RP while waiting for help, so I go harsh on them. Maybe admins should sanction traders for kill me its cheaper "rp" ?

Transports got their armor nerfed by a reasonable chunk.

The way I like to harass a transport while i'm waiting for him to pay me is shooting down his shields, maybe do a little bit of hull damage, would keep him on edge.

And setting a reasonable time period to pay (say 30 seconds or so).

Ah, yes, proving my point: payordai, seeyabai. Not enough time to RP, then complain that they don't want to interact.

I only do it because traders will most likely call their buddies, and when they do I feel so stupid for even interacting and wasting my time with them.
You cannot know what trader is the type who will RP or calls his friends to gank on you.

Piracy is a bad way to make money anyways, so mostly I would actually look for RP with traders, but nah, most are silent and/or calling their friends when we type our novels at each other, so doing the restrictions you quoted me from above is a sure way I don't get to die so easily.

I belive this 30 secs thing should not exist. If you really that badly want to give time limits then be reasonable, say 2-3 minutes. (Not everyone has as much experience in role play as the senior members of the community. Newbies like myself need time to figure out what to say/do.)

RE: Why traders don't pay? - Tarator - 12-27-2015

Quote:I belive this 30 secs thing should not exist. If you really that badly want to give time limits then be reasonable, say 2-3 minutes. (Not everyone has as much experience in role play as the senior members of the community. Newbies like myself need time to figure out what to say/do.)

If people can speak decent English, they can easily figure out what to say. That is if they know at least the core of the rules.

RE: Why traders don't pay? - nOmnomnOm - 12-27-2015

2-3 mins is enough time to have the transport run away or alt tab to call back up or pm in game to cops

RE: Why traders don't pay? - The Savage - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 03:11 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: 2-3 mins is enough time to have the transport run away or alt tab to call back up or pm in game to cops

I rarely agree with @nOmnomnOm, but this is such a situation.

RE: Why traders don't pay? - jammi - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 03:11 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: 2-3 mins is enough time to have the transport run away or alt tab to call back up or pm in game to cops

Kinda dumb strawman with the current state of activity honestly. Alt tab to your local emergency Skype chat, "help baddies at the Hypothetical Gate!". 9/10 times, no answer or one hour later, "they still there?"

Realistic expectation is that unless lawfuls are already online and nearby the trader isn't getting backup. Screams to the contrary are just a lazy excuse to kill traders with a minimal countdown.

If you manage to let a transport cruise off that you've already caught you're blind and didn't deserve their money anyway. If they refuse to stop thrusting, waste then for disobeying orders. That's different from killing a compliant transport because it's taking too long.

RE: Why traders don't pay? - nOmnomnOm - 12-27-2015

Also jammi there is the lane bug you gotta consider.

2-3 is a bunch of time to wait. Speaking from experience.
No one will take that long to write a sentence. If they do then the option is to write broken sentences.

RE: Why traders don't pay? - Melisandre - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 03:35 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: 2-3 is a bunch of time to wait. Speaking from experience.
No one will take that long to write a sentence. If they do then the option is to write broken sentences.

In my experience 30 seconds is not enough time for any form of role play interaction. My first encounter with a pirate ended in this 30 secs thing. He gave me basicly no other way to react but in his favoure (give him money or getting killed). He had a huge capital ship and I had a small transport. During the 30 seconds ultimatum that he gave me, I offered him two choices (both included him reciving payment) but he ignored my reaction and destroyed my ship anyways. Because "times up". I guess he just wanted to kill someone at the first place....

But it is clear as daylight that 30 seconds is not enough time. Unless your goal is to cut the RP and blow stuff up... Then that is the perfect ammount of time.

RE: Why traders don't pay? - Swallow - 12-27-2015

If a pirate is intended to kill, one will ignore your RP attempts anyways. If one is seeking the interaction, one would wait for your response unless you try to run, and wait for reasonable amount of time. It is not really about how quick you are at English typing, it is more about the intentions of a pirate and a trader, they either meet each other's RP seek (co-operation) or no (killing, running, backup calling).

RE: Why traders don't pay? - Gulryz - 12-27-2015

Some pirates do hurry in demand , the reason is that most of time when they stop some faction transport ship , it keeps you busy in RP until his friends with Big Guns arrive their and kill the pirate