Discovery Gaming Community
THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE (/showthread.php?tid=141454)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Xenon - 07-25-2016

Nice work @Hannibal and @sindroms for the nice write up and idea
Sign me in please Smile , BPA)-Silmarillion , Lt Jai Mcdowall

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Thyrzul - 07-25-2016

(07-25-2016, 08:41 PM)Mark Hamann Wrote: Nice work @Hannibal and @sindroms for the nice write up and idea
Sign me in please Smile , BPA)-Silmarillion , Lt Jai Mcdowall

I wonder what makes me feel you don't know what you are talking about.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Xenon - 07-26-2016

(07-25-2016, 08:43 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: I wonder what makes me feel you don't know what you are talking about.

alright, i hope this is not another flaming attempt ... SO, why do you think that good sir? Smile

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Cardinal - 07-26-2016

Event was disabled due to bugs, Mark. No signing up for now.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Xenon - 07-26-2016

(07-26-2016, 06:03 AM)Spook Wrote: Event was disabled due to bugs, Mark. No signing up for now.

I wanted to sign in early Smile so i can have a place hopefully. I know that a part of the event is disabled for now.
The part concerning buying and selling Kusari/Bretonia contraband goods is up and working for 1 to 2 weeks.
Thanks for the information, Cheers.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - sindroms - 07-26-2016

There is no signing up.
This event is for everyone to participate in regardless of the ID.

It is just that the GRN, BAF, KUSEX, KNF IDs would get a blue-message bonus. All other IDs can take part in the cargo run event layered underneath it, though with roleplay consequences in mind since it is considered as an unlawful action.

The problem right now is that the event has three sellpoints for the same cargo, with differing prices. And it seems to be screwing with how the plugin handles it. At this point the only solution is to try and figure out why this happens or to re-think the sellpoints. The later would be easier, I suppose.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Commander ZooM - 07-26-2016

can confirm the event is working fine from all bretonia to kusari buy and sell points and vise versa, haven't been to try gallia sell point yet,

Also would be awesome if a gallian commodity was put in to be sold in bretonia, spy ware i think would suit since there is a war and all Smile for say
5,000 buy
15,000 sell on a battleship in new london
and to be a perm trade left after the event has finished to keep activity in Gallia

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Psyentific - 07-26-2016

Me and the rest of the WMD crew managed to get a good afternoon and evening's worth of runs in before the event was disabled. Here's our feedback:

1. It's way too easy to make way too much money. The route is short, quick and lacks significant danger, for 15k profit per unit baseline. 20k per unit if you're shipping into Gallia, but then you're coming back empty.

2. It's much more profitable to run this than it is to interdict it. Along the way we picked up someone in BAF Command who all but told us that all the BPA players were logged into transports running the route instead of trying to stop us. A pirate could charge twenty million dollar fees per encounter and a 3.5k transport would still be making profit.

3. Legality needs work. If there's some way to flag the items as contraband for the NPC patrols, this would be good, in addition to boosting the NPC patrols along the route. In addition, the items need to be contraband on both the outbound and inbound legs - as-is, they're only contraband on the outbound runs which means that only 50% of encountered traffic for police is actually running contraband. Smugglers ought to be worried about running into Police, not waving at them. As-is, we didn't run into anyone because the police players and pirate players were in the same goddamn convoy with us

4. Routes need work. The optimal Bretonian point was not New London, rather the Luxury Liner Shetland, which was just a short cruise away from a jumphole into Tau-31. The Honshu secondary point at Wall Street Station is a good model - Farther away, but buys and sells for the same prices and can be used if you can't dock with the Kusari Police planet. For the Bretonian secondary, I'd suggest somewhere in Cambridge, or possibly Manchester, to match the Honshu node's positioning on the other side of Kusari relative to Bretonia. Likewise, the secondary points (Shetland & Wall Street) both bought and sold the goods on the same base, for the same price as the primary - there ought to be a price difference there favoring the house capitals (ie high-risk high-reward && less-risk less-reward), and the buy and sell points ought to be different bases (ideally in different systems) to add complexity to the route and activity to the rest of the house systems.

5. Profit. 15k per unit is nuts. Absolutely nuts. Consider that the optimal Cardamine route nets you 5k per-unit per-leg for about a 20m leg, while the previous Business/Refugees route (which most people thought was excessive) netted 7k and 9k per unit, respectively, with a 13m run. With 15k profit per unit either way, on ~10 minute legs, and with six hours to myself, I made a billion credits. One 5k'er running one full loop of this makes 150M in 20 minutes. Goodbye, economy, hello inflation. Might as well rename 'Credits' to 'Poker Chips'.

6. Concept. Everyone we talked to agrees - This is goddamn brilliant. Here we have three factions, all of which don't have a whole lot going on, involved in the same event, which is decidely unlawful. In addition, the style of the event means that everything that happens is inherently player-driven; like, this is Eve-style stuff right here. Cram a bunch of Spacemen into a room, give one of them a fat wad of cash, give another a knife, give a third a gun, and see what happens. Once you get the flaws ironed out, this is gonna be great.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - sindroms - 07-26-2016

It is limping right now because the intended sellpoints aren't being used. Otherwise the profit would make sense, kek. That and the ID based kill bonus is also absent. Anyway, wait for it to get fixed and it should work nicely.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Psyentific - 07-26-2016

This really is excellent smuggling country though. The outbound Bretonia legs converge at Holman outpost, then diverge - you can move to T-23 or T-29, both of which connect to each other, and from there into Kyushu (where the New Tokyo jumphole and jumpgate are close enough to cover with one well-placed fast snub) or around to the backdoor of Nagano. Tau 23 even has an honest-to-god minefield to lead pursuit into. It's really only the Bretonian portion that suffers, and even then just because the Shetland is just a quick cruise away from the jumphole back into the Taus. The asteroids all but force this to be snubfighter country - anything larger than a transport or a gunboat is going to have a hard time doing much of anything. That, in turn, means that ballsy transports stand a decent chance of fighting off pursuit if the pilot and fit are good.

I'm really looking forward to playing cat and mouse with people in this rat's nest.