Discovery Gaming Community
The wiki update status - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: Discovery Wiki (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Thread: The wiki update status (/showthread.php?tid=22144)

RE: The wiki update status - xiphos - 07-11-2018

(07-11-2018, 02:14 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Also, combing through some of The Core pages, I'd suggest next time when creating pages for Core that someone from the faction is approached for consultation - as picking through a few of the pages, there's a lot of misinformation.

That's nothing to suggest. That's a must. And it's not just a problem with pages related to The Core. Colonial/Crayter stuff for example. I came back to work at the Disco wiki and noticed many mistakes. And i'm not talking about minor oversights like a wrong System name for a Battleship or a wrong sellpoint for a Commodity. I've had a little discussion about the problem with the player who is responsible for the Core misinformation and other mistakes a few weeks ago. Also about his grammar/spelling. My grammar is not the best either. So i can't fix everything. And tbh. I don't want to. I fixed many things like unacceptable Pictures for Bases/Stations/Planets and wrong additions to Base/Systems infocards or other stuff via FLStat or the NavMap. And there are still more things to fix.

So yeah. If someone wants to add Story related stuff to faction pages PLEASE contact a Dev or the faction leader of the faction you want to change something for. And a short summary what you changed. It's a way easier to notice mistakes then.

RE: The wiki update status - TheShooter36 - 07-13-2018

I am slowly fixing Crayter pages so far, but a certain guy keeps changing things in almost every page.

RE: The wiki update status - xiphos - 07-18-2018

Oversights and/or mistakes should be "reported" here in this thread. It will be fixed as soon as possible

Pages created:

Systems:

Konigsberg with Bases, Planets, JH/JG & Pictures. Areas of interest added via NavMap. Links added.
Then renamed to Thuringia after 4.90.2 Patch 2

Stations, Planets, Moons:

16 Stations/Planets/Moons & Pictures in Konigsberg with Infocards from FLStat/NavMap & Pictures.
All information at the pages changed to Thuringia after 4.90.2 Patch 2

A few examples of Thuringia:

Planet Dirschau

Planet Braunsberg

Fort Samland

Valhalla Shipyard

Issoudun Drydock‎‎, Wichter Station & Liner Verwood added

Voelklingen Wreck & Bourgon-Jallieu Wreck

Stuff renamed:

Rishiri renamed to Tau-53. Stuff removed/added/fixed in Tau-53

Battleship Jupiter to Battleship Mars

Colonial ships renamed to Crayter ships

Colonial Remnant/Colonial/Colonial Republic Bases/Planets ownerships changed to Crayter Military/Crayter Republic via FLStat/NavMap.

Base location changes:

12+ Location changes with new picutres of the Base and its new location

A few Examples here:

Battleship Venissieux

Lentini Outpost

Johnson Supply Depot

Battleship Prox

Battleship Jupiter (now Mars)

Many historical flags added:

A few examples here:

Bremen (removed/replaced by Thuringen)

Solarius Station (destroyed)

Ibusuki Construction Site (destroyed)

Takkinai Depot (destroyed)

Munster Research Station (removed with Bremen)

Bases A - C should be up to date now. New Infocards added. Ships added. Imports/Exports added. More to come here.

Minor fixes of a few pages. Mostly oversights

Recent Changes

RE: The wiki update status - xiphos - 08-04-2018

Oversights and/or mistakes should be "reported" here in this thread. It will be fixed as soon as possible

Pages created:

Stations:

Madeira Base

Fort Ramsey

Ennibeck Spaceport

Destroyer Insidious

Fukuoka Border Station

Stuff renamed:

2 Examples here:

Outpost Secundus to Secundus Outpost

Outpost Primus to Primus Outpost

Base location changes:

Location changes with new picutres of the Base and its new location

2 Examples here:

Foster Base

BS Kassel

Historical flags added:

A few examples here:

Destroyer Quietly Confident

Duluth Shipyard

Durham Border Station

Many Bases with new Pics, new Infocards and/or infocard links. Also with Mission, Bribes, Exports, Imports, Ships & Category updates.

Recent Changes

RE: The wiki update status - xiphos - 08-16-2018

Commodities:

Mineable Commodities update via Disco Mining Guide. Prices, Mining Locations & buy locations adjusted.

Bases/Stations:

Many updates with new Infocards, Exports/Imports & Ships from FLStat/NavMap,
New Pictures added.

2 Examples:

Freeport 11

Fort Etaples

ID's:

Many updates. More to come soon.

RE: The wiki update status - Sand_Spider - 08-16-2018

The Fighters page could use some love. There are a number of ships among VHFs that list n/a as the turn rate, as well as the Sunrider HF. Some VHFs are also in need of updating their turn speed, for ones already listed (I know the Starblazer no longer turns as fast, but has better responsiveness or what I like to call "turn acceleration").

RE: The wiki update status - xiphos - 08-16-2018

(08-16-2018, 03:06 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: The Fighters page could use some love. There are a number of ships among VHFs that list n/a as the turn rate, as well as the Sunrider HF. Some VHFs are also in need of updating their turn speed, for ones already listed (I know the Starblazer no longer turns as fast, but has better responsiveness or what I like to call "turn acceleration").

Love was given. Fighter Page update done. Report mistakes/Oversights here.

Bomber page comes next

P.S.: I noticed, the Gunboat page got its Turnrate update a few days ago. Done by @Ash. Kudos to him

Edit1: Bomber update done

Edit2: Freighter update done

RE: The wiki update status - Sand_Spider - 08-16-2018

<3

All hail Wikibaron!

Kudos to @xiphos and @Ash!

RE: The wiki update status - Sand_Spider - 08-21-2018

Updated Class 6 Codenames based on information from the Mactan Network.
They now display the proper energy usages both on the Class 6 Guns page, as well as the individual weapons' pages.

Edit (18:44 UTC): Class 8 Guns page list has been updated. Most guns have had their energy usage per second updated to show proper amounts. Gun ranges were also edited as needed. The only weapons not updated were Hellfire Legion guns, as for some reason, their names are flip-flopped around (And I have no idea how to fix this without breaking things).

Any and all guns with "n/a" values have been fixed, and now display the proper information (Namely, Core guns).

RE: The wiki update status - xiphos - 08-21-2018

Oversights and/or suggestions/mistakes should be "reported" here in this thread. It will be fixed as soon as possible

ID Page update.

ID Updates.

Bases up to Glasgow Outpost‎ atleast at Version 4.90.1 with Nicknames, Pics, Infocards, Export, Imports, ships & Category.

Codename FEUERBALL created and added to the Class 6 Guns

(08-21-2018, 04:37 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: Updated Class 6 Codenames based on information from the Mactan Network.
They now display the proper energy usages both on the Class 6 Guns page, as well as the individual weapons' pages.

Thank you! I also added the coreect Version Number and did a few redirects with a Copypaste of your changes to the already existing pages of the BLOODSTONE, GUARDIAN, HAMMERFALL, ONYX & THOR'S HAMMER. All 5 five exist since 2009/2010. Don't know why the "Weapon Codename xxxx" were created. All other codenames are without the Weapon Codename. And it should stay that way.