Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map (/showthread.php?tid=101939)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - AeternusDoleo - 07-16-2013

(07-15-2013, 08:03 PM)LordVipex Wrote: Can you give us a quick peek about Omicron Rho and Omega-9? I see that that a lot of systems are now squeezed between the original systems (like Omicron-81). What was your aim with this? Another thing to note is, that it's still very big. Whether that is positive or negative is still to decide for me.

In most cases this was done to make sure that the shortest trade routes from house to house are always over the lanes, and not over holes.

The Hamburg gate links being dead is not an oversight. Rheinland did the blowing there.

IDF is still a Benzene molecule - but the duplicate lanes have been trashed. All the vertically oriented lanes have also been trashed, bases above or below the galactic plane have been brought back where they belong. A ton of weapons platforms have also been trashed and the Gallic lanes, along with the Sirian ones, have no defensive turrets.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Pavel - 07-16-2013

Uh huh huh. First map release and already first serious mistake.

You forgot about Theta-S17-Munich route which was suppoused to be backdoor to Rheinland for Sairs. Should I understand Corsairs will use way through Lambda then?

P.S.

I have strange feeling around 30 posts from my tracker dissapeared...

http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/1475584429_1369867738.jpg

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - evanz - 07-16-2013

so a lane has been added from languedoc to t23, that makes it only 3 jumps to new london, so does that then mean that new london is now going to be invaded by gallia and that then will be lost to them like leeds have

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - HassLHoFF™ - 07-16-2013

interesting map though.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Hell Hunter - 07-16-2013

Lyonnais > Rishiri gate? :OO
Atleast the Luneburg to sigma 13 is gone.

Also what is the purpose of Omicron 96 and Omicron 93? They're like dead systems that no one uses. unless it's a benitez system? Unsure.

Aswell, cannot enter the dyson sphere or the lair anymore (via bug/whatever)? The inner systems are gone.

To point out: Virginia isn't linked with Texas anymore. No more Alaska>Minor route, damnit. Oita is finally linked with normal systems(Honshu, shik, etc) instead of Ellesmere

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Connor - 07-16-2013

Leeds is shown to still be under bretonia control. I thought that leeds as over ran and captured by gallia?

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - aerelm - 07-16-2013

(07-16-2013, 09:03 AM)Pavel Wrote: You forgot about Theta-S17-Munich route which was suppoused to be backdoor to Rheinland for Sairs.

It's no longer there. Sairs get their backdoor through Sig13-Munich and Sig13-Frankfurt JHs now.

(07-16-2013, 09:54 AM)Hell Hunter Wrote: Also what is the purpose of Omicron 96 and Omicron 93?

Factions can buy and develop their own guard system, and back then Sairs had 4 official factions. 2 of those systems were turned into Benitez and TBH/General Guard system, the other 2 remained unused.

(07-16-2013, 09:54 AM)Hell Hunter Wrote: Aswell, cannot enter the dyson sphere or the lair anymore (via bug/whatever)? The inner systems are gone.

Those systems are still there, the map just looked better without 2 of each.

(07-16-2013, 10:09 AM)Snoopyman Wrote: Leeds is shown to still be under bretonia control. I thought that leeds as over ran and captured by gallia?

Bretonian system occupied by Gallic forces still counts as a Bretonian system.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Govedo13 - 07-16-2013

(07-16-2013, 06:19 AM)Black.Sails Wrote: It's even worse than it used to be in .86.

+1.
Nothing more to say actually.

(07-16-2013, 07:15 AM)Kazinsal Wrote:
(07-16-2013, 07:01 AM)YakumoRan Wrote: I just want more systems...I just want to fly to lots of new worlds....

This is a terrible idea. Activity is thin enough as it is and centralized on the main hubs of trade and mining. New systems will just add overhead we don't need/can't afford.
It is not terrible idea if it is made right. Sadly we get "standard" type of systems and more buffers where we need direct contact.
I see the need of more O47 type systems with the current Cassini type layout with no base mappings- large really large that require a lot of flying time and more O7 type systems where the bottlenecks and activity hubs could be created. 1 bottleneck/activity hub per house would enable steady 150-200 people in the server.

All "doubled" systems like Kepler/Galileo type could look vastly different between each other. Having long safe route and short risky route is the key for trading not having equal routes everywhere and tons of equal detours allowing to avoid encounters after we see them in the map. Just make one of the doubled systems type Cassini/O47 mix and the other no way out single line without a base at 30k type system. Flying 30 min more combined with danger of bad NPC patrol that can kill you or dealing with the possible piracy at the straight way should be the choice of the trader.

The corsair/outcast example is tragic - the O81 is idiotic, Lambada still existing is idiotic also the assumption that both factions would do anything in the Sigmas is idiotic- even now they have ways to dock there but since Sigmas are idiotic for piracy because of the short lines and the shortage of profitable runs/traders that move around combined with the detour routes( if trader sees official corsair/outcast char in S13 he would just take the detour).
Sigma was active in the niobium/diamond run- wake up and give similar run there together with massive redesign and reduction of Sigma systems. Hell if both Outcast and Corsair Player base want war give them war- it is better to be like that instead having both factions inactive because some "great" Dev like Jinx does not like war, with such "great" attitude it is normal that the players would be leaving the server.
I want to see video where Jinx or similar "prophet" moves Legate from Gamma to Alpha or Ranseur from Alpha to Gamma- it should be entertaining long slow bumpy useless /stucky ride- how you expect one to do it- there is no fun in it.
Instead you can just create ride with the same length with 3-4 good ambush points with badass npcs both corsair and Outcast and Nomad, places for bases to guard chokepoints, complicated navigation towards minefields,nebulas without visual contact, radiation fields and asteroid fields where enemy bombers can rape the cap.
If you do so the Gamma-Alpha route could be challenging and dangerous creating fun for both sides.
Remove all useless systems- leave Eta and make it narrow, flat and long labyrinth fortress system with the said features- the system wall should kill anything moving more then 20k from the main tiny single path. Make the distance between Gamma and Alpha holes 150k and let the both factions to do the hell ride between.

I really feel for the devs if they haven't noticed for 3 versions that the bottlenecks and limited mining spots create activity hubs while the many ways to trade from A to B create metagaming and encounter avoiding.

System routes variety creates just more credits for the players, without proper money sinks people get bored faster, discovery does not need more variety in trading routes it needs more depth and more details and tweaks that allow more different types of gameplay with more different usage of the ship classes. Discovery does not need more then 40-50 good trading routes while the rest could be in RP routes bringing no real profit. Only bunch of good routes per house and only 4-5 ore sale spots would do the job.

Instead of making useless buffer systems just position the stuff into the clash zones at proper distance between each other- there is definitely no need each hole/line and planet/station to be at equal 20-30k near the next one or near the system entry point. If you does not want planet Crete raids move Crete a bit away from the system entry points, put 2 badass weapon platforms near it to disable undocking campers but allow Gamma rides....
Buffer systems create only annoyance and problems- if I kill one in the buffer system he is still in the group of my enemies in the actual system making my kill worthless or other way around.

This map just wont work as intended to create more activity unless they decide to nerf the trading with brutal numbers like 50% and make only 1 mining system per house- T23, Dublin, O7, one GMG gas mining system, one Gallic mining system, One liberty mining system where the LNS/RNS pews should happen- nothing more. Also may be 2-3 distant systems with long runs but 1/4 less profitable mining, make all mining sale points to move into the said bottlenecks or to remove the chat system location tracker.

Making bad bad NPCs that can actually kill players is also needed- think the old NB- Sigma hole nomads,just flavour them a bit more with cruiser and gb support. Put the bad bad NPCs in some systems making them dangerous for detours. The said hole had brilliant concept- it was clear shortcut but it had its price the chance of any transp to get alive from there were quite minimal.
Make both badass NPCs- unlawful and lawful heavy patrols that can actually damage and kill something.
Removing the things that worked good in the past wont improve the mod.

Since they wont rework the map lets hope to reduce mining systems and nerf trading otherwise 100 people on-line would be like miracle in 4.87.
I am really stunned since it requires so little cosmetic changes to motivate the players to flock in groups and be more active and all this things get neglected and replaced with things that proved themselves as not working during the years.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Knjaz - 07-16-2013

(07-15-2013, 11:08 PM)Kazinsal Wrote:
(07-15-2013, 10:00 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: (setting explosives in key places on the structure - it's not a mass relay, Kazinsal Wink)

Explosives? Sounds expensive -- looks like Rheinland's federal debt just increased! Wink

Like, debt to the companies, that "belong" to the State that Rheinland is in state of full scale war with?

That always sounded absolutely logical, you know Big Grin
Nationalising Synthfoods as an enemy house corporation, and using it's production capabilities to solve own problems (pleasing LWB and reducing hessian influence by creating a federal program to issue food (synthetic paste got a very low prime cost, right?) to the poorest layers of society, showing government's care for it) would be a very good step, though. Too bad Rheinland is bound to fail and act illogically.

But well, blowing up JGs is already a good step forward.

(07-16-2013, 11:16 AM)Govedo13 Wrote: <...>

Quoted for alot of truth in it. Omicrons definitely could use a goot cut (like, Lambda and Zeta ones). Just, remember what happened to corsair/outcast war when 86 came out.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Lonely_Ghost - 07-16-2013

No more Sigma-Theta connection? Why? What Lambd gona be then? Will be there any "clear routes" for capital ships, to fly into "battlefield" in Sigma, or it's going to be long flight in asteroids?
P.S. Sigmas already inactive, and only inRP you can say, that Sigmas are great and this region has great perspectives. Srsly, if I want to pew someone, I'll go to conn, or play games, where all I need is to shoot only. If I want to make some RP encounters, I shall go for a pirating, try to talk with trader, police or BHG and so on. Might be, RP will lead to situatio, when both parties will leave each other, instead of shooting.

P.S.S. Alberta now has connection with Cassini...Hmm, hey guys from Platinum|, how we gona name base, which we WILL locate near JH to Cassini, with max weapons platforms? Tongue