Discovery Gaming Community
THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE (/showthread.php?tid=141454)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Flash™ - 07-26-2016

Went to sell at Planet New Paris twice, made a nice sum of 250mill in about 50 minutes, going from Kusari to Gallia. Nothing to bring back from Gallia though, but can't complain, most I've been making was 150mill/1 hour, and this one is 10 minutes or so less and gives 100mill more. Haven't tried the Kusari-Bretonia, mainly because it's blockaded by a bunch of KDS. Might try and see tomorrow, I'm sure it makes more in the time frame that it took me to go to Gallia and not bring anything back.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Psyentific - 07-26-2016

A blockade is nothing more than a challenge. More than that, unless the blockade is co-ordinated enough to spread out and cover multiple points (Lane chokepoint and either inbound gate & inbound hole or outbound gate & outbound hole), it really can't stop you. Even if a blockade completely locks down a system, there's almost always a backdoor system you can take and a secondary drop-point you can use.

Even better, because only outbound cargo is contraband, inbound freighters can actually scout for outbound ones, no problem. You can have your mate in group, with a hold full of Bretonian Contraband, waving at the guys camping Tsushima while telling you "Yo, Tsushima is hot, avoid"

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - sindroms - 07-26-2016

Yes, that issue is already noted, actually.
The most simpler fix right now is to give the commodity a lawful and unlawful sellpoint and make it contraband in both houses.

But right now it will be disabled altogether until it is confirmed we cannot go with the original sellpoints. It seems that the plugin, while should be working as it should in theory, does not fully understand what is being asked from it when the same cargo has multiple sellpoints (NT and NP and Freeport for bretonian goods for example) with different prices.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Shaggy - 07-26-2016

I know and understand the event had been disabled until the fixes have been made, but I am still wondering and asking why can't CR|- participate within the event. I have been told in this thread that we can do the hauling/trading part but with our out-dated reputation we are unable to dock on Planet New Tokyo. So how will this work? So with that in mind I would like to request that CR|- and CR indies are able to participate in this event with the "Blue-Bonus" when it is enabled again. CR are one of the Tau paramilitarys and we work alot with Bretonian and Kusari are on a suspicious rep so with that in mind, I feel we have a right to participate unless there is a real reason we are not allowed or unable. My members are asking me why can we not participate and I don't have a reason.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Thyrzul - 07-26-2016

(07-26-2016, 02:30 AM)Mark Hamann Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 08:43 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: I wonder what makes me feel you don't know what you are talking about.

alright, i hope this is not another flaming attempt ... SO, why do you think that good sir? Smile

Not a flaming attempt, I've just spotted you congratulating those two for their nice work, who have just previously admitted the event setup is faulty. Then you managed to be the only one signing up to an event not requiring signup, nor was there anything in the writeup suggesting such. But I thank you so much your confidence in my honesty.

(07-26-2016, 07:39 AM)Flash™ Wrote: Went to sell at Planet New Paris twice, made a nice sum of 250mill in about 50 minutes, going from Kusari to Gallia. Nothing to bring back from Gallia though

Tobacco from Île-du-Palais, Wine from Saint-Denis, both score a 2,35 CSU profit on NT. Not as good as the event commodities, but still better than nothing.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Psyentific - 07-26-2016

[Image: rJWeW43.png]

I realize only now that, for purposes of increasing score with valid interdictions/kills, Tau 37, Tau 44, Tottori, Rishiri, Hokkaido, Dundee, and Newcastle are not included,

This means that, were I a crafty smuggler (and I like to think I am), I'd consider bypassing Kyushu entirely and going through the Hokkaido back door, or taking the Dundee to Newcastle to New London alternate. Considering that those aren't valid kill zones, by skirting the edges of them or leaving the fastest-possible pipe entirely, I could deliver my cargoes without fear of patrols and with the knowledge that, even if I was caught, it wouldn't be a valid score. That's just assuming a Sirian route.

If I was running to Ile de France, I'd be going through Edinburgh to Orkney or Hokkaido to Lyonnais. Both of those are running to the highest-absolute-profit New Paris, and both don't count as valid for purposes of score.

At the very least, I'd recommend including Tau 37 and Tau 44 in the green zone, such that a smuggler like myself can't simply hop 'out of bounds.'

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - GuapMan - 07-26-2016

Let's show the GRN Strongk.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Big_B - 07-26-2016

If Freelancers take part in the event can AFC join too?
I mean we have a ZoI in Kusari after all

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Skorak - 07-26-2016

It's just a commodity. Buy it.

I believe the blue bonus to be fine this way. It's about war too. And otherwise every other faction around will want in as well.

RE: THE TRIDENTE BLOCKADE - Sorrontis - 07-26-2016

Nice event. good luck, I'm a lawful trader Sad