Discovery Gaming Community
The Sol Project - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Sol Project - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=149074)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The Sol Project - Feedback - Thyrzul - 02-28-2018

As I said Council is just a personal example. If you start looking through all the lores of non-generic factions you can find plenty of reasons why each wouldn't be interested in the Sol Project, no matter how much you want them to be.

RE: The Sol Project - Feedback - Sombs - 02-28-2018

(02-28-2018, 09:28 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: - I didn't complain about it in the shoutbox, but Hans did yes, after all he is also just a human same as everyone else in here. However I talked in private with Tabris about it and we even found a consent.
The silence afterwards was caused by other things which is called RL. Hans was busy with university stuff and he still is and I moved my entire home. The third of us doesn't need to mentioned still.
I know that I don't have a good reputation in this community and that some have a clear strange grudge against me but seriously and sadly after all it isn't justified. Do I think it is unfair? Yes. Only a few persons in here are entirely aware about the truth behind the events that are still thrown at me. However I won't throw it out on forums anymore, but it begins with that I am not a couper. May start to know me better before just picking up others opinions.

I can only judge from what I've seen. I've seen your explanations, I've read Erzie's version of the story and the version of Nemo and am quite amused that everyone has a different version. So I don't know whom to believe and choose to not trust any of them. However, there are things that are putting you in a bad light done by you in first hand visible and publicly here on forum. It's the easiest thing for you to claim that I am repeating what other people say, which makes me really shake my head, to be honest.

(02-28-2018, 09:28 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: - it starts with 100mill. Not that much credits at all for anyone in here. And yes, the 100 mill are also originally meant to be a buy in to participate the event. The gained credits should be pumped back into the communury anyway. What makes you and @SnakThree believe this will never going to be happen?
To clarify this. We will submit our stuff to the disco staff when it is applicable to be submitted. If it gets declined by them for whatever reason it will be released on another server.

As long as you have literally nothing to show off, 100.000.000 Credits mean that 100.000.000 Credits might be invested into nothing. This project looks more like big talking. That is my opinion, and probably not only mine, because otherwise you would probably have more people throwing their money at you. However, what does count is the presentation of scales. 100.000.000 Credits might not be much. That's half a Stork or two full-equipped snubs. However, the scaling is ridiculous, to up to 4.000.000.000 Credits. 4.000.000.000 Credits that might just vanish into nothingness. 4.000.000.000 Credits you can boast about. That's two full-equipped battleships. Which faction would invest the money for two full-equipped battleships for some science project instead of, uhm, two full-equipped battleships.

The way this is presented makes it seem like a donation highscore in a Twitch stream.

(02-28-2018, 09:28 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: - Where did you get that I don't finish stuff? I brought AI official twice with AI Consensus and with PRIME. Anything else is only this project, the Zoner Consensus and the Gammuians. Beyond that I didn't have any serious projects, except IRG from that I was kicked by @"Erzie" for being voted 1ic while he vanished silently.

I don't care for the achievements of your past. It would be something different if you were a Jinx or a Treewyrm who actually did something that was still here in the present tense. In the time I've been here, I've not seen much of you, and what I saw was not good. The entire drama about couping Erzie, your attempt of gaining control over Corinth, the failed attempt of Sol in Cayman followed by months of nothing, and a few weeks ago you were suspending the project, although just to reactivate it shortly later. I don't really see a red line in your actions, which gives me the feeling that this project will fail. Which causes me to not invest. This is my opinion, as you asked for as to why people are not more interested. While I know some share this opinion, I speak here for myself and my observations.

(02-28-2018, 09:28 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: - About the presentation. That is the point feedback should apply and is needed. We are aware that the story progress is far from being fast.

If you really happen to have success with this, then color me impressed. But I feel like this project would definitely have more chances if it was not represented by you.

RE: The Sol Project - Feedback - HassLHoFF™ - 03-01-2018

(02-28-2018, 09:27 PM)Altair Wrote: It would be better if the sums would be more just RP, not actual ingame credits, because... honestly just think about it, who does seriously can giveway a billion of credits for some perks that are not really existent. The idea is nice to explore, but you gotta think if it would be implemented really. You want to build a Hypergate to Sol? Is the community interested in such endeavour? I don't want to be here to criticize and make you feel bad. Again, from my POV the idea behind is quite great, to explore what was back in the past and find the truth. I can imagine the Sol being split in sectors for each planet by the Houses and whatnot. If the community would love such an idea, which it would basically affect most players in game, story-wise... it will most likely be implemented. If again... the devs see the desires of the community to have such a thing..

Otherwise... i don't know.
Thank you for the feedback. Anything can be discussed about the sums, we aren't stubborn. However, we want to have the travel backed with RP. Doing it only on forums would be odd and certainly meaningless.

(02-28-2018, 09:59 PM)Laz Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 09:28 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: - it starts with 100mill. Not that much credits at all for anyone in here. And yes, the 100 mill are also originally meant to be a buy in to participate the event. The gained credits should be pumped back into the communury anyway. What makes you and @SnakThree believe this will never going to be happen?
Using that same logic, I could ask someone to give me 100 million to buy a ship. Then sell that ship for 80 million. After that it is done, I have 180 million that I then give out to a bounty board or whatever. The original investor has not benefited even slightly from this transaction.

(02-28-2018, 09:28 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: To clarify this. We will submit our stuff to the disco staff when it is applicable to be submitted. If it gets declined by them for whatever reason it will be released on another server.
(02-28-2018, 07:02 PM)SnakThree Wrote: After all, what you hope is far away from what community needs in this mod.
This pretty much. (Also, my own personal observation is that the community does not really want it either)
Well, the investor is part of the event. How do you make 180mill out of your calculation is pretty questionable though.

(02-28-2018, 10:12 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
As I said Council is just a personal example. If you start looking through all the lores of non-generic factions you can find plenty of reasons why each wouldn't be interested in the Sol Project, no matter how much you want them to be.
Sure, there are just a handfull, but some are certainly keyfactions, who should have interest for or against it.

(02-28-2018, 10:17 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 09:28 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: - I didn't complain about it in the shoutbox, but Hans did yes, after all he is also just a human same as everyone else in here. However I talked in private with Tabris about it and we even found a consent.
The silence afterwards was caused by other things which is called RL. Hans was busy with university stuff and he still is and I moved my entire home. The third of us doesn't need to mentioned still.
I know that I don't have a good reputation in this community and that some have a clear strange grudge against me but seriously and sadly after all it isn't justified. Do I think it is unfair? Yes. Only a few persons in here are entirely aware about the truth behind the events that are still thrown at me. However I won't throw it out on forums anymore, but it begins with that I am not a couper. May start to know me better before just picking up others opinions.

I can only judge from what I've seen. I've seen your explanations, I've read Erzie's version of the story and the version of Nemo and am quite amused that everyone has a different version. So I don't know whom to believe and choose to not trust any of them. However, there are things that are putting you in a bad light done by you in first hand visible and publicly here on forum. It's the easiest thing for you to claim that I am repeating what other people say, which makes me really shake my head, to be honest.

To clarify this. We will submit our stuff to the disco staff when it is applicable to be submitted. If it gets declined by them for whatever reason it will be released on another server.

As long as you have literally nothing to show off, 100.000.000 Credits mean that 100.000.000 Credits might be invested into nothing. This project looks more like big talking. That is my opinion, and probably not only mine, because otherwise you would probably have more people throwing their money at you. However, what does count is the presentation of scales. 100.000.000 Credits might not be much. That's half a Stork or two full-equipped snubs. However, the scaling is ridiculous, to up to 4.000.000.000 Credits. 4.000.000.000 Credits that might just vanish into nothingness. 4.000.000.000 Credits you can boast about. That's two full-equipped battleships. Which faction would invest the money for two full-equipped battleships for some science project instead of, uhm, two full-equipped battleships.

The way this is presented makes it seem like a donation highscore in a Twitch stream.

(02-28-2018, 09:28 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: - Where did you get that I don't finish stuff? I brought AI official twice with AI Consensus and with PRIME. Anything else is only this project, the Zoner Consensus and the Gammuians. Beyond that I didn't have any serious projects, except IRG from that I was kicked by @"Erzie" for being voted 1ic while he vanished silently.

I don't care for the achievements of your past. It would be something different if you were a Jinx or a Treewyrm who actually did something that was still here in the present tense. In the time I've been here, I've not seen much of you, and what I saw was not good. The entire drama about couping Erzie, your attempt of gaining control over Corinth, the failed attempt of Sol in Cayman followed by months of nothing, and a few weeks ago you were suspending the project, although just to reactivate it shortly later. I don't really see a red line in your actions, which gives me the feeling that this project will fail. Which causes me to not invest. This is my opinion, as you asked for as to why people are not more interested. While I know some share this opinion, I speak here for myself and my observations.

(02-28-2018, 09:28 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: - About the presentation. That is the point feedback should apply and is needed. We are aware that the story progress is far from being fast.

If you really happen to have success with this, then color me impressed. But I feel like this project would definitely have more chances if it was not represented by you.
Well, in case I am treated unfair, I defend myself. Of course, it isn't helpful and annoys everyone that I am forced to it again and again and again, because players and even vets can't make a cut between ooRP and inRP. They rather go like "I don't like him ooRP, I don't accept his RP or RP with him or whatever up to entire ignorance." Ironically these call themselves good RPers.

Fine, you don't care about my achievements (finished things) Sombra, but then don't accuse me for not finishing things I have started and list underdone facts. Funny enough that you mention Jinx and especially Treewyrm right now.
It seems you don't listen. I just explained that incident of Cayman some lines above, sure Hans rant was somehow very impulsive, was even surprising to me, but is it a negative attitude of someone that RL calls?
The Erzie thing was discussed here and even if alot people still don't want to hear it. I told the truth and I was right. There was even a comment pointing out your surprise that I was voted instead of @Arioch. What do we sadly see now? IRG has been in idle since almost a year.
The latest Sol suspending was caused by the reopened "Sol destruction is canon" discussion, while some elements in the community, stomping on the ground it isn't. However, as it was originally have been made canon by @Igiss and till today haven't been officially redacted, it is proven to be canon. Therefore it was just shortly suspended for clarification. It's like "You wouldn't fly a plane if there isn't air."
I think I don't need to elaborate the Corinth RP, due to a multiply of reasons. It's interesting it is prefered seeing the base merely unused.

Then prepare being impressed some time in future, because irregardless to your and others believes, our words are not empty.

RE: The Sol Project - Feedback - Enkidu - 03-01-2018

(02-28-2018, 09:40 AM)The Sol Project Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 08:16 AM)Tænì Wrote: I'm a little concerned that you've been asking for real-world money with little accountability. This is just a pedestrian view as I'm not completely up-to-date. I do like the general essence of what you're trying to accomplish.

Would you be able to display progress as you work on it, and provide an admin-and-green statement on what you're doing? Presumably you've talked to them.

Ehhhhh? We haven't asked for real world money? Where did you get that?
Donations and investments are just done to be ingame in sirian credits only.

Ooooh! Sorry, I've been involved in development for mod content for other games.

And, um, usually when I see "investment" requests related to development of new material, I assume that people are asking for money to do it.

My mistake, thank you for the correction.

(03-01-2018, 06:33 AM)Tænì Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 09:40 AM)The Sol Project Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 08:16 AM)Tænì Wrote: I'm a little concerned that you've been asking for real-world money with little accountability. This is just a pedestrian view as I'm not completely up-to-date. I do like the general essence of what you're trying to accomplish.

Would you be able to display progress as you work on it, and provide an admin-and-green statement on what you're doing? Presumably you've talked to them.

Ehhhhh? We haven't asked for real world money? Where did you get that?
Donations and investments are just done to be ingame in sirian credits only.

Ooooh! Sorry, I've been involved in development for mod content for other games.

And, um, usually when I see "investment" requests related to development of new material, I assume that people are asking for money to do it.

My mistake, thank you for the correction.
Thanks for clarification.

RE: The Sol Project - Feedback - Laz - 03-01-2018

(03-01-2018, 03:19 AM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: However, as it was originally have been made canon by @Igiss and till today haven't been officially redacted, it is proven to be canon.
Mate, don't do this. We had a near three hour discussion on Discord where myself, @Dino, @Ayasato Mei, @"Silverlight", among others, all said and showed you were wrong. Pages upon pages of lore were shown and you still hang to that belief. I mean, we even had an ex-story dev confirm that the dev team had agreed it was non-canon.

I can also speak from the Nomad lore perspective, and I even spoke with Huggie about it yesterday. You can speak with pretty much anyone in the current K'Hara chat and have them unanimously agree that it is not canon. To top things off, we had an event, "Hidden Giant" that was focused around the 'Planet Crusher', not Sun Crusher.

When talking in Discord, your main point continuously changed as we showed you different bits of lore, coming up with new reasons to potentially confirm your beliefs. I'll say right now, if the story team comes out and goes "This is canon" - I'll accept it, begrudgingly. But until that time, I'll argue against it. You've got no backing for your beliefs other than "it's been like this way for a while and no one has cared. That is because no one has cared to even look into how lore breaking it is.

(03-01-2018, 03:03 PM)Laz Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 03:19 AM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: However, as it was originally have been made canon by @Igiss and till today haven't been officially redacted, it is proven to be canon.
Mate, don't do this. We had a near three hour discussion on Discord where myself, @Dino, @Ayasato Mei, @"Silverlight", among others, all said and showed you were wrong. Pages upon pages of lore were shown and you still hang to that belief. I mean, we even had an ex-story dev confirm that the dev team had agreed it was non-canon.

I can also speak from the Nomad lore perspective, and I even spoke with Huggie about it yesterday. You can speak with pretty much anyone in the current K'Hara chat and have them unanimously agree that it is not canon. To top things off, we had an event, "Hidden Giant" that was focused around the 'Planet Crusher', not Sun Crusher.

When talking in Discord, your main point continuously changed as we showed you different bits of lore, coming up with new reasons to potentially confirm your beliefs. I'll say right now, if the story team comes out and goes "This is canon" - I'll accept it, begrudgingly. But until that time, I'll argue against it. You've got no backing for your beliefs other than "it's been like this way for a while and no one has cared. That is because no one has cared to even look into how lore breaking it is.

I have taken it down to the point where it is, bud. Irregardless of the fact you were sided by people on discord, the listed indicates and lore examples. In case story-devs officially will redact it from canon, I will accept it. Your former story dev said, they consider it is non-canon.
For some reasons I have counter-statements of a current dev and a former dev about it. At the end it belongs to get it nailed officially again as obviously both versions have been part of a lot RPs and lores.

Yes, there was a planet crusher event, which explains nothing closer about it.

Seriously, my main point haven't changed a single time. What's the reason saying that?
It seems you turn my words or just misunderstood. In my explanation, Nomads as a name is an upper term given by human. So what does the term "Slomon K'hara" mean, just a name, a description, an info, or something else? In my logic, which you certainly don't like, there could be a Slomon X'yz aswell entirely unrelated to the Slomon K'hara lore.
What drastic lore breaks are you talking about anyway? In which aspect does it affect the game/lores etc?

RE: The Sol Project - Feedback - Karlotta - 03-02-2018

So er... if I may interject, as a general comment to everyone discussing if the destruction of Sol happened or not... even if I don't know the full context of everyone's viewpoints...

The destruction of Sol happened with certainty in the timeline/reality/history/lore that discovery is situated in. Unless you can find a better explanation why the Coalition didn't send a few ships or drones to nuke the newly formed and vulnerable settlements of Liberty, Bretonia, Rheinland, and Kusari within 50 years of their arrival in Sirius.

There are timelines/realities of the multiverse where that did most likely happen, which were the reason why Nomads destroy Sol to create another timeline/reality in the first place.

For more information, plead read this.(also explains the difference between "Nomad" and "Slomon K'Hara")

RE: The Sol Project - Feedback - HassLHoFF™ - 03-03-2018

I have decided stopping arguing on forums. If there are concerns or anything else that bugs you, feel free to contact me directly. Anything can be discussed in a civil mature manner.
Pointing out here, the investments are inRP, even though it would be nice and helpful if some credits would be moved, we don't expect anyone to grind up to 4bill to do such an investment.
In regards of the project, we will try to create a small spoilerfree showcase/teaser.