Discovery Gaming Community
On reengaging after dying - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: On reengaging after dying (/showthread.php?tid=150530)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: On reengaging after dying - TickTack - 05-25-2017

(05-25-2017, 11:41 AM)Skorak Wrote: What are you guys doing? The only way to make this rule less complex or confusing is to remove all freedom and just force you to log off for 2 hours and don't even glance at that system on the nav map.

What's wrong with this? There's a million other characters/factions/systems to choose to RP, Personally I think after you're destroyed said char shouldn't even be allowed to log for two hours. Go play a miner or something or maybe KNF, god knows they could use the activity.

RE: On reengaging after dying - Karst - 05-25-2017

Basically, if the situation seems unclear enough that you have to ask the question "Am I okay to return to the system under X circumstances?" the answer is don't. It's really not that hard to stay out of a system for two hours, stop trying to find ways to be a nuisance.

RE: On reengaging after dying - Sombs - 05-25-2017

Because people log depending on what the server needs. (^:

RE: On reengaging after dying - sasapinjic - 05-25-2017

(05-25-2017, 11:41 AM)Skorak Wrote: The rule was allowing the freedom to return into the system should everything stop and all players leave.

But all Players DID leave . Only LNS-Wayoming was there and he WAS left , and he couldn't return because of My Cruiser Wingman , how i am supposed to know he will un-dock 9 minutes later , and in any case when i see LNS-Wayoming , i halt attack and reversed course and i dint re-engage second LNS again until i see LNS-Wayoming gone down the trade line . I have seen many players returning in system after all opposition involved were gone , i dint think this will be different , especially since nobody was griefed or hurt any more , LNS-Wayoming was already dead and cant re-engage in any case , and second LNS was not hurt thanks to hugging and i log-off quickly anyway .

In any case , i will follow this from now on :

Quote:As Haste said you can avoid any kind of unnatural situations or dumb complex encounters by just logging off after you die.

(05-25-2017, 12:02 PM)Karst Wrote: Basically, if the situation seems unclear enough that you have to ask the question "Am I okay to return to the system under X circumstances?" the answer is don't. It's really not that hard to stay out of a system for two hours, stop trying to find ways to be a nuisance.

Actually generally I do log after dying, it's others that I've seen observing doing this behavior, so I'm not being a nuisance Karst, I'm just stating the kind of behavior I've observed on both my lawful chars and unlawful chars from other people. If we're all saying "Oh if you die just log for two hours" then make a rule that makes it so, a simple rule, just two lines not pages like Denis claims it needs to be.

"If you die in a PvP situation in any form you are no longer able to play the said character for two hours from the time of his death. Additionlly you cannot re-enter the system where you died on any of your ships or alternate characters for two hours"

Simple, airtight and easy to understand and it's just two lines not two pages.

RE: On reengaging after dying - Skorak - 05-25-2017

You're missing that you cannot re-engage now.

(05-25-2017, 12:20 PM)Skorak Wrote: You're missing that you cannot re-engage now.

You're missing that one can bait one into engaging them if they already died, additionally other loop holes as well that I can't be bothered to mention.

RE: On reengaging after dying - Chills - 05-25-2017

I'm not sure if this thread is going any further, it's more like looping around the same points..

RE: On reengaging after dying - Sombs - 05-25-2017

(05-25-2017, 12:31 PM)TickTack Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 12:20 PM)Skorak Wrote: You're missing that you cannot re-engage now.

You're missing that one can bait one into engaging them if they already died, additionally other loop holes as well that I can't be bothered to mention.

Those things get reported and dealt with. Application of common sense.

RE: On reengaging after dying - sindroms - 05-25-2017

We all know how to fix this, right?

[Image: b6OKcK0.png]