Discovery Gaming Community
=Wingman 5.1= A companion for Discovery Freelancer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+---- Thread: =Wingman 5.1= A companion for Discovery Freelancer (/showthread.php?tid=150721)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: =Wingman 0.4= A companion for Discovery Freelancer - Biggles - 02-07-2021

Version 0.4 has been released. This major release has many improvements and bug fixes. The main ones are summarised below:

v0.4 Changelog Wrote:
  • Fixed a crash with the latest patch caused by not handing an INI typo correctly
  • Database has received several upgrades and now has a button in pride of place on the main window:
    • You can now filter columns and rows (right-click header) (suggested by @Swallow)
    • Ships now show more stats. ("Response" is inaccurate currently)
    • Guns has been split into Missiles and Turrets for ease of use
    • Faction reputation is now shown as a rep bar
  • Updated to the latest version of the Online Navmap
    • You can also now enable and disable display of ooRP systems in the universe map
  • Fixed hideously oversized icons on GNOME
  • Fixed oversized font on Windows
  • Files are now cleaned up upon uninstallation (suggested by @Bellepheron)
  • Large performance improvements in my underlying parsing libraries
  • A new build system on Windows, potentially improving application performance

wingman-0.4-setup.exe (51.5 MB)
wingman-0.4-portable.zip (54.3 MB)

Enjoy.

RE: =Wingman 0.4= A companion for Discovery Freelancer - Biggles - 02-08-2021

@darkwind pointed out that the latest builds did not work on Windows 7. This has been fixed. Sorry about that.

RE: =Wingman 0.4= A companion for Discovery Freelancer - Biggles - 02-12-2021

Version 0.4.1 has been released. This bugfix release resolves client augmentations failing to load/unload.

v0.4.1 Changelog Wrote:
  • Fixed client augmentations failing to load/unload

wingman-0.4.1-setup.exe (51.5 MB)
wingman-0.4.1-portable.zip (54.3 MB)

RE: =Wingman 0.4= A companion for Discovery Freelancer - glassofwater - 02-28-2021

People dont thank you for your work enough. Thanks a ton! This is a great program.

RE: =Wingman 0.4= A companion for Discovery Freelancer - Biggles - 03-02-2021

(02-28-2021, 03:00 AM)glassofwater Wrote: People dont thank you for your work enough. Thanks a ton! This is a great program.

Thank you, this made me smile.

RE: =Wingman 0.4= A companion for Discovery Freelancer - Traxit - 03-12-2021

Recently I have started to use Wingman due to the Companion crashing on launch.

I am having a couple issues with Wingman.

1) It is unnecessarily resource intensive;

2) The navmap fails to load, showing a blank canvas;

RE: =Wingman 0.4= A companion for Discovery Freelancer - Biggles - 03-12-2021

Oh dear, we're back to the navmap not loading for some people. The high CPU is obviously because it's spinning waiting for the navmap to come up. I've never been able to reproduce this but you can try deleting navmap, QtWebEngine and wingman.cfg in AppData/Local/wingman to reset the cache.

RE: =Wingman 0.4= A companion for Discovery Freelancer - Traxit - 03-19-2021

(03-12-2021, 10:36 AM)Biggles Wrote: try deleting navmap, QtWebEngine and wingman.cfg in AppData/Local/wingman to reset the cache.
Ineffective.

I resorted to downgrading from 0.41 to 0.4, it works now.
Nice tool, by the way.

RE: =Wingman 0.4= A companion for Discovery Freelancer - Toaster - 03-19-2021

Whatever used to be the issue for me seems to be fixed. Banner and account list all seem to be working properly now.

RE: =Wingman 0.4= A companion for Discovery Freelancer - Groshyr - 05-11-2021

Hello. This is not a bug report but rather asking for adjustment: can you please disable opening New York every time when Wingman is the launch? I would prefer to stay on the galactic map instead, and it seems to be more friendly to performance as well.