Discovery Gaming Community
Patch When? #6- Dev Diary - Jump Drives - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Patch When? #6- Dev Diary - Jump Drives (/showthread.php?tid=198724)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Patch When? #6- Dev Diary - Jump Drives - Demonic - 09-20-2023

Uu
(09-20-2023, 09:38 PM)CommodoreShawn Wrote: To be honest, the range and price changes have dampened my interest in trying out the new patch. Gone are the days of quickly getting into a fun scrap in NY it seems, and I found the old prices to already be expensive. Some players are sitting on billions, but not everyone.

What prices changes exactly ? Am confused haven't noticed anything amount major price changes.

RE: Patch When? #6- Dev Diary - Jump Drives - Kherty - 09-20-2023

(09-20-2023, 10:26 PM)Demonic Wrote: Uu
(09-20-2023, 09:38 PM)CommodoreShawn Wrote: To be honest, the range and price changes have dampened my interest in trying out the new patch. Gone are the days of quickly getting into a fun scrap in NY it seems, and I found the old prices to already be expensive. Some players are sitting on billions, but not everyone.

What prices changes exactly ? Am confused haven't noticed anything amount major price changes.

I believe he refers to this "economic reform", which is an extremely questionable decision.
Edit: as per CommodoreShawn's reply under this, it seems I was wrong. My opinion about this particular decision does not change however.

RE: Patch When? #6- Dev Diary - Jump Drives - CommodoreShawn - 09-20-2023

(09-20-2023, 10:26 PM)Demonic Wrote: Uu

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=198724&pid=2303645#pid2303645

Per this response, a full refill of jump batteries is going to be more expensive. And long range jumping is going to use more batteries.

RE: Patch When? #6- Dev Diary - Jump Drives - Starfliers - 09-20-2023

I notice a lack of information regarding blind-jumping.
What's go with this? I wanna randomly spawn within a planet one of these times.

RE: Patch When? #6- Dev Diary - Jump Drives - Demonic - 09-21-2023

(09-20-2023, 11:03 PM)Kherty Wrote: I believe he refers to this "economic reform", which is an extremely questionable decision.

So, the money changes? Because the money thing is a non issue. Everything is going to be divided by 100, both income and prices. So the value stays the same, just the thing that cost 2 000 will cost 20.
Or the ores thing? Is it about the fact you have to process ores before you sell them if you want to have better profit?

(09-20-2023, 11:25 PM)CommodoreShawn Wrote: Per this response, a full refill of jump batteries is going to be more expensive. And long range jumping is going to use more batteries.

Oh, yes, that. Why would that be an issue? He mentioned about 20mil current money for one jump. I think if you can afford jump drive and a ship which you can mount it to, you can afford 20mil for a jump that takes you half the map.

I'm sorry what? Why wouldn't you be able to get to a NY for fights?

RE: Patch When? #6- Dev Diary - Jump Drives - Sally - 09-21-2023

(09-21-2023, 12:19 AM)Demonic Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 11:03 PM)Kherty Wrote: I believe he refers to this "economic reform", which is an extremely questionable decision.

So, the money changes? Because the money thing is a non issue. Everything is going to be divided by 100, both income and prices. So the value stays the same, just the thing that cost 2 000 will cost 20.
Or the ores thing? Is it about the fact you have to process ores before you sell them if you want to have better profit?

Nothing on the economic reworks is questionable, he just likes b*tching about every single thing devs do regardless if right or wrong. The economy has been half baked for too long, it should've changed years ago, finally we're getting to a point where trading won't be just three or four routes.

(09-20-2023, 11:30 PM)Starfliers Wrote: I notice a lack of information regarding blind-jumping.
What's go with this? I wanna randomly spawn within a planet one of these times.

I second this. Please Aingar tell me that blind jumping is still implemented in this rework. It would be funny if it always consumed the same amount of batteries regardless if it's three or one system away, call it the jumping roulette.

RE: Patch When? #6- Dev Diary - Jump Drives - Petitioner - 09-21-2023

As always, I'm incredibly salty that there's no possibility for jump trading at all. I think that if players invest so much time and energy into the server that they can muster up a full convoy of 5kers, manage to afford jump drives (or even build their own base to construct JDs), and have the coordination needed to do a full convoy jump, rewarding them with vastly increased profits is entirely fair and reasonable.

However, aside from that, all of this looks awesome and I have no complaints. I'm extremely hyped up to try this out and my eagerness for the patch grows with every single preview post.

(blind jumping was also cool tho....)

Hey, imagine if you will, that you just kept ships docked at Rochester or Fontana for pews instead of jumping all the way from Alpha to NY? Or who knows, you could even fetch yourself several ships and keep a few of them at Alpha or Taus, and the rest at NY. You don't need billions for that and surely would be a better investment than burning 2.5M every single time you want to jump for pews.

Also after the patch drops, you'll have plenty of trade and smuggling routes to do to fund your new ships to park throughout the place.

(09-21-2023, 12:52 AM)Petitioner Wrote: As always, I'm incredibly salty that there's no possibility for jump trading at all.

To be fair, you had several months to do it with Kidnapped VIPs and get insane amounts of cash, how do you think Couden got a gorillion siege guns and tempests? Skill issue.

I think jump trading should be a thing from the past, a good nostalgia hit whenever you recall it. If you gotta do stuff like that to have fun in this game, then there's clearly something wrong with it that should be addressed, hopefully, 5.0 will be that.

RE: Patch When? #6- Dev Diary - Jump Drives - DragoonArcanum - 09-21-2023

I'm not going to comment on th other stuff going around because frankly i would rather read The King in Yellow play and subject myself to the madness that follows than engage in Disco's Grudge-run-Salt-Mine of the week.

But, i am fascinated at how the new JD's work and actually excited about the possibility of using even a JD2 to act as a catapult for other ships. After all, a JD2 destabilises after one use, but it doesn't have to be the ship generating it that uses it after all.
And hopefully this along with the Docking Module rework might encourage us of actual carriers on raids, since a bigger raid can easily end up with 8 Caps + Some Snubs, so it'd just be convenient for some caps to carry docking bays.
Maybe time to get that house Carrier i always wanted.