Discovery Gaming Community
Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? (/showthread.php?tid=125338)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Smithy - 03-12-2015

Even more shocked now. I read it as $1500 instead of enough to buy a brand new car. Can I pay with a kidney instead maybe?

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Jayce - 03-12-2015

[Image: sBaBeeh.jpg]
[Image: EoUltZt.jpg]
I sure hope the players who qq on Disco can handle an EVE-esque universe, because I know it's going to be lots of fun for me. Hornet Tracker metagame scanner online. (sun)

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Mímir - 03-12-2015

(03-12-2015, 06:12 PM)Jayce Wrote: I sure hope the players who qq on Disco can handle an EVE-esque universe, because I know it's going to be lots of fun for me.

Sadly I am pretty sure PVP is instanced and consensual in Star Citizen :'(

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Jayce - 03-12-2015

It is for the moment with the dogfight module, I believe. I'm pretty sure that'll change once the game actually releases.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Narcotic - 03-12-2015

(03-12-2015, 02:52 PM)Snake Wrote: Where is the option "Star Citizen will increase Discovery Community, if Disco decides to make a mod for SC" 8)

Option #1.

(03-12-2015, 05:19 PM)Smithy Wrote: QQ

I think 35$ is a fair price for two games, considering that most new games cost 70$. So in the end you pay just a quarter.

The 100GB mean that it'll have amazing textures, graphics in general. Lots of content, large 'world maps', resulting in a high playtime. Those who're complaining about the download speed are just being stupid and envy CIG.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Croft - 03-12-2015

(03-12-2015, 06:16 PM)Mímir Wrote:
(03-12-2015, 06:12 PM)Jayce Wrote: I sure hope the players who qq on Disco can handle an EVE-esque universe, because I know it's going to be lots of fun for me.

Sadly I am pretty sure PVP is instanced and consensual in Star Citizen :'(

It'll certainly be instanced, consensual is another matter entirely. At last report they were working on a PvP slider system that'll push people into varying instances with either NPCs or players within "safe" systems and it won't be like Disco where you'll wait at a lane, if you want to get someone you need to "tag" them or follow them into lawless space to force an encounter where the slider is nullified.
Also I believe they're trying to even out the combat by separating ship classes so Jayce's hornet will probably only meet other ships of similar power (freelancers, other hornets, probably avengers and 300i's, even some of the combat variant starter ships too), unless its lawless space then only the number of ships will be limited (no 5v1 etc). That's all up in the air at the moment so it could be quite different on release.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - SnakeLancerHaven - 03-12-2015

Though guys imagine, if this goes through. All the RP all the things we've done up until now in Discovery, all the stuff all in game and Forum RP could be awesomely implemented into the Game itself. I mean alone the "meetings" the in-Person-Roleplays can be done in game. Instead of writing all on forum how a Bounty Hunter is running after a Criminal on a Planet, hunting him across systems and then putting him into prison on his ship moving him to Sugar Land Prison. All this can be done in game, that's why I realy would love to see a Discovery mod for Star Citizen. We don't have to wrote thousands of wall of textes (I'm sure we will still do Forum RP, but more of the RP can be played in the Game itself).

So yea, looking forward to it (sun)

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Narcotic - 03-13-2015

Ground-breaking news: The universe is a lie. The matrix has you.

[Image: JF0iDlH.png]

[Image: pRpCdPn.png]

[Image: T4UZ3cp.png]

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - NGC - 03-24-2015

Star Citizen + Freelancer music Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpzbP35qOfw&feature=share

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-03-2015

Welp got myself Star Citizen, Mustang Alpha :3 (Ye mi puur, oki?) love it so far, but ye you feel that there are still many bugs, however.

@NGC +11111111100010010101