Discovery Gaming Community
The Ore mining review. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: The Ore mining review. (/showthread.php?tid=119961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Ore mining review. - WesternPeregrine - 10-25-2014

(10-25-2014, 01:47 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 04:10 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: Would you like to calm down and re-phrase your concerns in a more easily readable structure?

Oh sorry if you think im angry, no no no. hehehehe. English is not my native language Big Grin

Im just saying... Miner ID only have Water, Oxygen and Helium for mine with, not justice, because we only have Helium as valuable resource. Just having only x2 bonuses is enough and we should have more resources to mine with this low bonus, like Premium or Silver.

I think that Miner ID has this small bonus for all mineable commodities, not just the ones you mentioned. It's better than non-miner IDs, but can't compete with faction miner IDs on specialized ores. It is work as intended.

(10-25-2014, 01:47 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 06:47 AM)Ponge Wrote: The purpose is to promote joining the mining factions. As you said, FL miners have the freedom to mine anywhere. However, they have worse equipment --> lower drop bonus. They won't turn it into a "can go anywhere and mine anything fast" ID. You either have freedom to go anywhere and mine anything, or the high bonus with the restrictions.

However, giving a few more 2x bonuses would be justifiable to help the beginners (like scrap metal; beginners usually try to mine it).

Still disagree Ponge.... that is forcing miners to join in factions. So you mean, if you like to mine resources, you must be in a faction? Its like to say if you like to destroy Xenos, you MUST be lawful... no sense hehehehe.

And FL Miners, yes, we have the freedom to go anywhere the same as Freelancers... but thats all... no resources out there for us.

Conclusion: FL Miners must have more things to mine (with only x2 bonuses, its less than all factions bonuses). And also FL Miners must have the chance for still as FL Miner or join in a miner faction if he is interesed, not need to force him.

If you like to mine, you should join with miners correct?
In the example you gave, yes, if you want to kill xenos, you have to be able to target them. So, either be a lawful ID, or an enemy of the Xenos (Junkers, other Liberty criminals ?). Can't just attack them with a bounty hunter or freelancer "because you want".

If my assumption is correct, and miner ID gets a 2x on all mining actions already, then it should be able to work without being forced to join this or that faction. Doesn't mean its the best way to work out there.

RE: The Ore mining review. - JohnyWalker - 10-25-2014

(10-25-2014, 02:59 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: If you like to mine, you should join with miners correct?
In the example you gave, yes, if you want to kill xenos, you have to be able to target them. So, either be a lawful ID, or an enemy of the Xenos (Junkers, other Liberty criminals ?). Can't just attack them with a bounty hunter or freelancer "because you want".

If my assumption is correct, and miner ID gets a 2x on all mining actions already, then it should be able to work without being forced to join this or that faction. Doesn't mean its the best way to work out there.

Yes i love to mine, but Im already a miner with Miner ID, i dont want to enter in any faction... I dont want to have their enemies.

About what we can mine... Mineable comodities

As you can see, we have only OXYGEN, WATER and HELIUM, the rest of comodities no ores, or almost no ores. I noticed in some of them we have less rate than default (no bonuses) for example Premium scrap, but I know its normal.

I dont need more bonuses, x2 its totally fair for Miner ID I guess hehehe, but as full Independent, we must can fill others with all that other comodities. The point of this, its to allow our little independent Miners group for fill others with other comodities diferents than Oxygen, Water and Helium. The intention is just helping other factions miners when they need it for fill their haulers.

In other words, using Miner ID you ONLY can fill others with Water, Oxygen and Helium, the rest of the comodities, we have no ores or almost no ores, also we cant fill others directly, and in all that diferent mineable comodities, the bonuses not working at all.

RE: The Ore mining review. - WesternPeregrine - 10-25-2014

Quote:Copper Ore DSE (x3), Daumann (x3), Kruger (x3), IMG (x3), GMS (x2), Indep. Miner (x2)

Independent miner obviously mean Miner ID. Isn't this you're asking for?

(10-25-2014, 08:13 PM)WPeregrine Wrote:
Quote:Copper Ore DSE (x3), Daumann (x3), Kruger (x3), IMG (x3), GMS (x2), Indep. Miner (x2)

Independent miner obviously mean Miner ID. Isn't this you're asking for?

Yes, Independent Miner is Miner ID, but note the Italic letters This mean no bonuses or almost no bonuses. But as I said, the bonuses is not the problem. The problem is Miner ID should can fill others directly, inclusive with that minimal rate.

RE: The Ore mining review. - SnakThree - 10-25-2014

Do not rely on wiki. It's outdated.

(10-25-2014, 08:51 PM)Snak3 Wrote: Do not rely on wiki. It's outdated.

Yeah! but that page was updated. Anyway... the real situation do not match with that page, its worst hehehehe.

RE: The Ore mining review. - SnakThree - 10-25-2014

(10-25-2014, 08:59 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 08:51 PM)Snak3 Wrote: Do not rely on wiki. It's outdated.

Yeah! but that page was updated. Anyway... the real situation do not match with that page, its worst hehehehe.

It's two years old or so.

RE: The Ore mining review. - Echo 7-7 - 10-26-2014

(10-25-2014, 08:03 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote: ...
In other words, using Miner ID you ONLY can fill others with Water, Oxygen and Helium, the rest of the comodities, we have no ores or almost no ores, also we cant fill others directly, and in all that diferent mineable comodities, the bonuses not working at all.

The Independent Miner has bonuses on almost every Ore, but they're very low bonuses. This is working as intended.

"We can't fill others directly"... that makes no sense unless you're suggesting that the mine-directly-to-cargo-hold function is bugged. To the best of my knowledge it is currently working fine unless you can clearly prove otherwise.

"Bonuses not working"; the bonuses are already low so if you're mining in a sub-optimal field then you're probably not going to collect much. If you think a field is bugged, please file a bug report in the appropriate thread.

RE: The Ore mining review. - JohnyWalker - 10-26-2014

(10-26-2014, 03:21 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: "We can't fill others directly"... that makes no sense unless you're suggesting that the mine-directly-to-cargo-hold function is bugged. To the best of my knowledge it is currently working fine unless you can clearly prove otherwise.

Yes!!, that is exactly what I mean... Miner ID only can fill others with Helium, Oxygen or Water... Also, I noted some DSE or IMG miners in Pennsylvania with the same problem, only Miner ID can fill others cargo holds with helium. Its like.... that miner feature its allowed only if you are using the Correct ID in the correct field??

I tested it in several comodities with my Miner ID (Silver, Premium, Gold...) I have ores ONLY for my own cargo hold, the feature for fill others doesnt work.

Today i will check the bonuses, i remember around 30 minutes mining for 540 cargo, its less than default rate hehe.

RE: The Ore mining review. - Ponge - 10-26-2014

(10-26-2014, 12:39 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote:
(10-26-2014, 03:21 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: "We can't fill others directly"... that makes no sense unless you're suggesting that the mine-directly-to-cargo-hold function is bugged. To the best of my knowledge it is currently working fine unless you can clearly prove otherwise.

Yes!!, that is exactly what I mean... Miner ID only can fill others with Helium, Oxygen or Water... Also, I noted some DSE or IMG miners in Pennsylvania with the same problem, only Miner ID can fill others cargo holds with helium. Its like.... that miner feature its allowed only if you are using the Correct ID in the correct field??

I tested it in several comodities with my Miner ID (Silver, Premium, Gold...) I have ores ONLY for my own cargo hold, the feature for fill others doesnt work.

Today i will check the bonuses, i remember around 30 minutes mining for 540 cargo, its less than default rate hehe.

Interesting; I though you only need to use mining guns to fill someone else's hold, and no other factor is needed.