Discovery Gaming Community
SCRA Recruitment Centre - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Coalition Government Portal (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=461)
+------ Forum: Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=473)
+------ Thread: SCRA Recruitment Centre (/showthread.php?tid=17515)

Coalition Recruitment Thread - arvg - 06-19-2010

"Si," Alvarez waved him into the office, looking at the man before him. "You homes, you go sit and think about my question, and don't screw it up... you," he rounded on the Bretonian. "In my office now, I don't like smart mouths, but I like a person who actually has the cajones to speak up. In there..."

He levelled a finger at Alicia. "The Recruitment Office is closed, tell the marines to shoot anyone that comes through that door. We'll clear what we have and call it a day."

Following the man into his office, Alvarez reloaded his pistol.

"You, homes, life story, and spare me the emotive, squishey 'I'm an Orphan and I want revenge' crap... if that's your story, homes, I suggest you learn to lie, and quickly."

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Wolfs Ghost - 06-19-2010

"I have nothing to lie about." He showed no emotion on his face as the door shut behind him. "My family were simple workers on Leeds, still are in fact, so no emotive orphan wanting revenge here."

He paused for a second, seemingly letting it sink it before he continued. "Born, bred, working citizen. Grew up on Leeds and worked at the same factory my father worked at. Not much to tell about myself other then I was what I was, a working lad." He smiled a bit, "Of course, the government in Bretonia tends to be a royal pain the ass if you ask me. Myself and my father where part of a labor union on Leeds, and when we petitioned for better wages, they gave us the shaft. Especially since the bloody pathetic war between them and Kusari."

His smile went away, back to his rather blank expression. "My name is Henry Murphy. I'm twenty-nine years old. Just turned twenty-nine infact, a week ago. But don't let me bore you on the details, as you're the one here that has the pistol." He let a small chuckle slip through before straightening out his expression once more. "I'm interested in joining the Coalition because you simple are the peoples voice. Despite what the news has said. You could say I want to give the capitalist pigs in parliament a bigger shaft and say that's my motivation to fight them. But really, I just want to bring my family into a better world. One where the government would actually listen."

He paused again, looking rather relaxed now, not taking his eyes off the recruiters face, but not staring past as if the recruiter wasn't there. "And to do this, sir, I would like to join the Coalition. To help spread the word, to help overthrow the corrupt governments that the people live under, and to provide the man power needed for the glorious revolution."

He slid his arms behind his back, clasping one hand with the other. Waiting for the recruiters reply.

Alvarez nodded his head, "I see. Now then answer these three questions. The first, Why, homes, is a political revolution on its own doomed to fail? Two, why are revolutionaries different from say... a lone terrorist with a pistol... and three... Why do I want you?"

"A political revolution on it's own is doomed to fail because it doesn't have the people behind it. Without the people supporting it, what exactly did it do? Change hands into someone equally or more stupidly inferior."

He paused, thinking his first answer over, and without hesitation found it perfectly acceptable. "Question Number two. Revolutionaries are different then a lone terrorist with a pistol in a few ways. One, revolutionists tend to be many people with more then a pistol." He smiled lightly at his smart ass answer, but that quickly vanished when he remembered what the recruiter said about someone being a smart ass. "A more serious answer, revolutionaries don't kill to terrorize civilians, and half the time it isn't even about bloodshed at all. Most of the time it's about propaganda, and informing the people that their governments are wrong. Of course," His small smile appeared once more, "These governments tend to get annoyed when someone pushes the wrong buttons. Which when those capitalist pigs get annoyed, then it's necessary to fight back and leave a nasty sting."

"Your final question, sir. Is indeed a hard one. Why do you want me? It's just like asking 'What can you bring to the Coalition that we don't already have?' I don't know if you want me or not." He tilted his head to the side in a gesture back to the room behind him. "I could end up like one of them. Though, I don't want to bore you.." He trailed off, paused, then calmly started talking again. "Well sir. I'm willing to give my life to the greater good. To see the revolution succeed. Why do you want me? I know what it's like to be an oppressed citizen living in a capitalist house. I know what it feels like to be poor, and I want to protect those that cannot protect themselves or are to scared to rise, and take up arms against their oppressing government."

He drew a slow breath in, then exhaled it slowly. He continued to stare directly at the recruiter, waiting for his move in this odd game of chess. A move that could possibly end his life, but that is a risk he took since stepping foot here.

"Si," Alvarez nodded. "Go see Comrade Broch up the hall, she will ask you one last question... if you get it right... well, you will find out."

He waved the recruit out of his office and rubbed his hand down his face.

It was nearly over.

"You," he said to the FINAL applicant, "get in here now"

Once the recruit was before him, he set his hands on his hips. "You wanna tell me the answer to my question, hermano?"

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Silver.2 - 06-19-2010

Now this was odd.

It had been three seconds, yet there was no hole through his head, nor a substantially larger one in his chest, although he still had a good bit of fear that the guard still had his shotgun trained on him.

No - he was actually in front of this officer, although the stressed tone of his voice indicated that the day had worn thin for him.

Now...the "International". Seemed a bit out of place, but he'd work it out.

Suddenly, a snippet of information came to him, a vague memory. A story, to be exact, that a rather bumbling drunk at Freeport 5's bar was spouting off, to the ire of all the establishment's patrons.

He bowed his head slightly drawing in a short breath, before looking him in the eyes and beginning to speak.

"I do believe that Ive heard of that, before...in rumors, mostly. Scant ones, at that." He caught his breath again. "Ive heard it described as a large vessel...very imposing, as some would say." He clenched his jaw, slightly. "The way you asked it used 'was', which suggests it's out of service."

He clenched his jaw a bit harder. He could feel that he was rambling. With a quick straightening of the back, he got straight to the point.

"Therefore, I can infer that it was a vessel of cruiser or gunboat class, which is either Missing In Action, or Decommisioned, sir." He stood straight, jaw still slightly grinding against the other, and looked straight into the officer's eyes. Now, he waited.

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Magoo! - 06-19-2010

Vicenta Wrote:"Then you would need intensive fighter training... Excuse me... *zap* Where were we? Ah, yes. Explain to me, briefly and without any flowery language, exactly what Communism is."
Paddy raised an eyebrow.

"It is when the common people remove a capitalist upper-class to create a society free of class boundaries. I am made to think that it is, more often than not, accompanied by communal ownership of property and the means of production to remove the chance of sparks arising from 'coveting thy neighbors goods' as it were. This way the people are without physical or verbal superiority over one another."

He didn't even have time to say thank you, nor did he feel like getting shot on the spot. The moment he left the room and heard the door shut behind him, and the voices talking once more, he sighed a sigh of relief. "Broch." He managed to mumble, but not wanting to hesitate anymore. He managed to find this part of the recruitment office, oddly enough by the gun shots. So he began to make his way up the hall.

As he made his way down the hall, two men walked by him carrying a body bag. He glanced over at it for a brief second before finally approaching what he had hoped was the final question of many questions that right now plagued his mind. He raised his hand up and knocked on the door. Now he just hoped it was the right door.

Coalition Recruitment Thread - arvg - 06-20-2010

Alvarez quirked an eyebrow, "The International intends to fight by all available means, including armed force, for the overthrow of the international bourgeoisie and for the creation of an Sirius wide Coalition as a transition stage to the complete abolition of the House State."

Alvarez shrugged and pulled the trigger, ending the recruits life.

"Wrong answer Hermano, you were warned."

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Shagohad - 06-20-2010

"Come in," Angie said softly, nonchalantly looking over documents. Her eyes flicked up to the man who entered, lips curling up into a smile. Her lip piercing seemed to straighten with the smile. "And you would be...?"