Discovery Gaming Community
Jumping out of combat... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Jumping out of combat... (/showthread.php?tid=123727)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Sciamach - 12-16-2014

^ what Lyth just said.

Just because you want to burn excessivly large amounts of money on denying people blues, dosen't entitle you to also coming back and being a massive jerk to everyone.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - WesternPeregrine - 12-16-2014

(12-16-2014, 06:39 PM)LordVipex Wrote: Disclaimer: I haven't read much of the thread so far.
Even though I've never had a ship with a jumpdrive, I wouldn't like that jumping out of a fight counts as PvP death. I would preferably have the problem solved through gameplay mechanics. The biggest problem for me is that currently there is no way to stop a jumping ship from refueling other than destroying it in the charge time. If you think about CAU8 turtles, it takes quite a while to down it if the player knows what he is doing. There's rarely enough time to bring it down to half hull.
A possible approach that was already discussed in other places is that you make jumpdrives disruptable with a CD, just like cloaks. Another aspect could be that for the jumpdrive to charge, you have to stand completely still. I personally prefer the former.

Not sure if it's feasible, but what if the jump sequence would get interrupted if the jumper had his shield taken down?
InRp, the jump would be extremely dangerous without a shield actively protecting the structure.
If the Capital vessel is in combat with his shields down, then the jumpdrive wouldn't start. If he started to engage the jumpdrive before combat, then the attackers had to take down the shield to reset the jumpdrive countdown or something.

It would be more challenging than the "CD it" approach, but it would prevent the abuse in non combat situations, I believe.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - St.Denis - 12-16-2014

Has anybody spoken to our Programming Wizard and asked if it is possible to give the JDs a cooldown period of something like 20 minutes? The enemy could still get away the first time, but would be severely hampered the second time.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - t0l - 12-16-2014

(12-16-2014, 06:50 PM)TheUnforgiven Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 06:30 PM)black widow3 Wrote: So scourge please explain then why jumping out of a system to restock nanos should be classed as a pvp death yet being able to go off radar in a fight and docking on a base to restock nanos is not????

Because its obvious that its far easier for them to prevent a conventional escape, than to prevent a JD escape. And they accuse the jumpers of being biased!

(12-16-2014, 06:31 PM)Tal Wrote: The only change presented here is that if you jump out of the fight with a JD, you're considered PvP dead so you don't jump back in to feed and shoot people again, now fully repaired. It isn't because we like to gank and want the blue, it's because fighting in Texas is now a waste of everyone's time.

But the point of the JD is to be able to withdraw and re enter the fight without being PVP dead. Its not the rules that are the problem, the rule doesn't say if you leave at all you're PVP dead, and its been this way on purpose. This is the ability those people WORKED HARD FOR if you still don't get it, to be able to do that, WITHIN THE RULES, What you lack is man power and/or technology that counter it, mostly manpower. If it wastes your time maybe you're just losing the battles. Everyone who loses battles/wars considers it a waste of time in the end.

All of this commotion about these recurring jump ships sounds like excellent fuel for RP war stories, but instead people OORP complain on the forum that the action isn't going their way. Just a reminder, it isn't PVP death to jump out, via JH/JG/JD...getting away is not against the rules folks, and it shouldn't be. There should be options for people other than fight or explode. Some ways you have to be fast, clever, others you spend hours and credits on for tech. Docking on a base (only when the other players are in range enough to see that happen) is against the rules ONLY because if a base is that close, it will drag on the fight too long and become unfair if not all can dock.

JDs are already good for rapid entry into a system, and now this will change it so that you won't be able to return and disrupt the fight after you use it as an escape. You can still jump from place to place for easy access with one, i.e. NB to Bering or something. With your hard work logic, if I put in more hours to buy super guns, I should be able to dunk anyone with superior tech. All that creates is an arms race for the best technology until everyone is the same and all new players get screwed.

What would I put in an "RP war story"? That some ship contiously jumped out, planetdived, and came back? Or that a Turtle was able to run to Beaumont, repair instantly, and come back?

There is an option besides explode. You leave with the jumpdrive, and you don't come back. Because our side got fed up with this garbage and stopped playing the game doesn't mean that it's okay, it's worse because it's actively driving people away from the server. It's like you're recommending the solution to the missile problem to be "press C lol".

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Ross.Evans - 12-16-2014

New players should stop asking to nerf things that old players with cash use, such as Jump Drive/Cloak.
I paid over 125 million for a light cloak just to receive missile after missile from noobs who cannot aim at all, despite the fact that this game is supposed to be part shooter.
So I lost 125 million for a very cheap missile fired by a noob who suck at aiming. One or two weeks ago I got ganked by four players with missiles, they fired a missle, they run, and so forth.
This is the real annoying thing, missiles with almost CD turnrate.
Instead of nerfing the fights even more, you should start considering nerfing what is not logic at all (missiles with CD turnrate), or at least move the cloak on a special designated spot, so that I can use both Cloak and countermeasure.
Not to mention that cloaks can be easily disrupted and even tracked down with CDs, even if the target is cloaked. So stop complaining and accept the game as it is.
I worked a lot on this server to gather cash just to see them ruined by missile noobs.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - t0l - 12-16-2014

(12-16-2014, 08:14 PM)Ross.Evans Wrote: New players should stop asking to nerf things that old players with cash use, such as Jump Drive/Cloak.

I paid over 125 million for a light cloak just to receive missile after missile from noobs who cannot aim at all, despite the fact that this game is supposed to be part shooter.

So I lost 125 million for a very cheap missile fired by a noob who suck at aiming. One or two weeks ago I got ganked by four players with missiles, they fired a missle, they run, so so forth.

Instead of nerfing the fights even more, you should start considering nerfing what is not logic at all (missiles with CD turnrate), or at least move the cloak on a special designated spot, so that I can use both Cloak and countermeasure.

Not to mention that cloaks can be easily disrupted and even tracked down with CDs, even if the target is cloaked. So stop complaining and accept the game as it is.

I worked a lot on this server to gather cash just to see them ruined by missile noobs.

missiles are irrelevant in this thread but need changes

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Lythrilux - 12-16-2014

(12-16-2014, 08:14 PM)Ross.Evans Wrote: New players should stop asking to nerf things that old players with cash use, such as Jump Drive/Cloak.
"Boo hoo I pay money and I'm a vet therefore I must be invincible!!!11"
We know all about your jumphole and cloak game.

(12-16-2014, 08:14 PM)Ross.Evans Wrote: I paid over 125 million for a light cloak just to receive missile after missile from noobs who cannot aim at all, despite the fact that this game is supposed to be part shooter.
So I lost 125 million for a very cheap missile fired by a noob who suck at aiming. One or two weeks ago I got ganked by four players with missiles, they fired a missle, they run, so so forth.
Well tough. You sacrificed a CM to cloak, therefore you have to expect getting hit with missiles.

(12-16-2014, 08:14 PM)Ross.Evans Wrote: Not to mention that cloaks can be easily disrupted and even tracked down with CDs, even if the target is cloaked. So stop complaining and accept the game as it is.
Allow me to answer your statement with something you said:
(12-16-2014, 08:14 PM)Ross.Evans Wrote: So stop complaining and accept the game as it is.
(12-16-2014, 08:14 PM)Ross.Evans Wrote: I worked a lot on this server to gather cash just to see them ruined by missile noobs.
As I said before, making lots of money and/or being a vet doesn't entitle you to be a douchebag.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Sciamach - 12-16-2014

(12-16-2014, 08:14 PM)Ross.Evans Wrote: New players should stop asking to nerf things that old players with cash use

Here's the funny thing: nobody here is a nub player that can't afford our own jump drives
Personally, I invested my money in a combination of cloaks and faction official-dom as well as my 4 bank characters
And looking at the rest of the people "complaining", I'm not seeing anyone thats really hurting for cash either
So I have to wonder: who exactly are you refering to with this rather elitest sounding statememt of yours

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Hidamari - 12-16-2014

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE STOP ADDING RULES TO EVERY SINGLE MINISCULE PART OF THIS GAME!!

RE: Jumping out of combat... - tothebonezone - 12-16-2014

I think we found the jumpdrive user.

I'd be all for having the Jumpdrive disruptable in some way. Or have it disable guns and movement while it's charging up. I remember the jumping outcast dreads in new york just like it was yesterday. Oh, my unharnessed rage...