Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map (/showthread.php?tid=101939)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - SummerMcLovin - 07-16-2013

AD already mentioned that most systems with asteroid fields will get corridors put into them to allow the easier transit of larger vessels. I also vaguely remember mention of asteroids being made slightly larger but less numerous across the board, but not as definite as the first statement.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Benjamin - 07-16-2013

guessing lambda is being inflicted on the playerbase to stop 17-theta-41-5 being a quicker way from kusari to bretonia than through Rheinland. if not, I assume the reason is sadism and the hatred of nice things.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Eduard - 07-16-2013

So... The way I see it the only way to get to Omicron Alpha from the Taus would be through Omicron-81 which... as wiki says it's the OC guard system. Don't know how correct wiki is but if it is indeed correct, why would passage to Omicron Alpha be needed to be through the OC guard system?

Will the Guard System change or will there be no more guard systems in the next update ( which would be too perfect ), maybe?

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - aerelm - 07-16-2013

Omicron-85 is the Outcast guard system. 81 used to be the [BLS] home system and not an actual guard system even though the guard ID was sold on those bases as well. Omicron-81 remains an Outcast system, but considering the NPC classes and stationary firepower within the system, it's nowhere even near being anything comparable to a guard system.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Eduard - 07-16-2013

I see. Thank you for clarifying.

Also, I see there are a fair bunch of additional systems, especially in the Omicrons and Omegas. May I ask what influenced the dev community into taking the decision of implementing additional systems? Especially considering the fact that the player base isn't growing ( quite the contrary I'd say from some perspectives ) and player interactions are very scarse as it is considering you have to travel a significant amount of time for desired encounters

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Echo 7-7 - 07-16-2013

(07-16-2013, 05:24 PM)Ed- Wrote: ... May I ask what influenced the dev community into taking the decision of implementing additional systems? ...

The total number of systems in the mod has not changed. The same cannot be said for their names and contents.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - SummerMcLovin - 07-16-2013

Just another note on the topic with the number of "why do I have to fly through guard systems now?" comments: a lot of these systems are being un-guarded. Off the top of my head, some examples would be Poole, Saar, Tau-42, O-81. I guess the same may be true of Faroe and Cayman.

By "a fair bunch", Ed, you mean three that are renamed and redesigned old systems. Said it in this thread, Omega-9 is the old Omega-15, Drake is Tau-117 and Omicron Rho is the old Omega-56 (remaining 'guard' as the BHG Core system I guess). There are efforts to increase player interactions, and I'd give my usual advise to save the Q_Qing about everything being ruined until you actually see for yourself if it really gets ruined or not. Heh, maybe this update will help.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Binski - 07-16-2013

I see great changes here. I have been more so concerned with gameplay than map changes though. I have been hoping the idea to make planets minable for resources from orbit would float around for this mod. It would help solve some problems like useless systems and dead end systems. There would be a little more opportunity for activity in far out places if not just the fields but planetary bodies themselves were worth fight for, or gave some tactical advantage by keeping in your territory.

Having said that I think the alpha-tau-37 break up will be good overall for diffusing the heat in the area by putting some more flying time between Java and Malta.

I'm also a fan of more systems, but big is only so good when most of the places you go you can't do much in.

Also, the ability to steal real live data (ie info dump, data theft) from a base by a hacking ability would be sweet, would make info dealing possible, and actually be useful by telling the datathief who has been/is docked at a station over a period of time such as a week or month...and cargo being sold there. Imagine getting in close to an enemy station while cloaked and running a data hack for real info! Just some suggestions, i realize its probably too late at this stage. Either way, it still looks great, and look forward to seeing it! Keep up the good work!

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Nexus Ark - 07-16-2013

I just think all the guard (or ungraded to non guard) should just simply be removed from the server, .. and stick the stations in more of the active systems. I think the server lacks player interactions with it so spread out at the moment.

Funny how Gallia has 18 and liberty has 17 systems while Kusari only have 14 and Bretonia and Rheinland respectively have 13. Thats give an idea what needs to be trimmed down.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Govedo13 - 07-16-2013

(07-16-2013, 07:03 PM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: I think the alpha-tau-37 break up will be good overall for diffusing the heat in the area by putting some more flying time between Java and Malta.
Indeeeed but the distance continue to be like 20k:
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Cali_Base
O81 placed there- useless... also even if the Cali is removed what stops the OC to park their ships in O81? or in T37 FP?
Brain usage-0%