Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map (/showthread.php?tid=101939)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Oorn - 07-17-2013

(07-17-2013, 11:20 AM)Benjamin Wrote: oorn: one vanilla reason I came across for oc/sair fighting is when dear sweet Cryer pharma founded atka in the sigmas (which were/are 'corsair space'), outcasts got wind of what atka was about, wanted to shut it down, forced to go and meet corsairs. from iirc planet Malta infocard:

A new development has been Cryer’s continued efforts to create a synthetic version of Cardamine that would be approved as a legal medication within Liberty. This poses a direct threat to the Outcasts' source of income. The Atka Research Station, with nearby access to Edge Nebula clouds, is the most immediate threat to the Outcasts. The location of the base within Corsair territory has brought the Outcasts into conflict with their ancient brethren.

admittedly seems more like a sigma 19/17 thing than a 13 thing, but it's there. and not like it matters because you can't make people fight somewhere just by telling them they should. (and making it harder to get to at the same time, ofc).

Yes, irp its 17/19 thing, but totally not 13. Or Theta if you look only at vanilla map, it got both alpha and gamma holes. Thing is, I see NO reasons why should it be 13, now it seems a little like Mary Sue system: Major interhouse route, epic war scrapfield, junkers base, gmg operations, SUDENLY both corsair and outcast base, all in a fairly small system, made even smaller by hazards. If Hispania pew starts there, place will be way too crowded,

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Echo 7-7 - 07-17-2013

(07-17-2013, 10:52 AM)Oorn Wrote:
(07-17-2013, 03:45 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:
(07-16-2013, 08:00 PM)Oorn Wrote: ...
Where in the vanilla was it said its OC/Sairs battleground?

We're not playing vanilla any more.
ORLY?
(07-15-2013, 09:59 PM)aerelm Wrote:
(07-15-2013, 08:44 PM)Jinx Wrote: about outcasts, corsairs
Both factions are getting a base in Sigma-13, so the region can once again be turned into the battleground of the two as it was originally intended in vanilla.
I still want to hear what was the reason to TRY to move OC/Sairs war into inrp interhouse trade route, not that it would work anyway.

It is implied that it was a vanilla battleground, given that the shortest route from Alpha to Gamma was through the Sigma cluster, and thus the most direct combat front between the Outcasts and Corsairs. My point is that regardless of whether or not this was intended to be so in vanilla, it really makes no difference either way.

Everyone is entitled to express their opinions, but they're not worth much until gameplay dynamics are tested in a live environment. Some people here are demanding chokepoints to concentrate activity, and the potential for that is exactly what's on offer with this system. Sigma-13 has received noticable changes, and assumptions are being made under the pretence of the system's current layout.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Benjamin - 07-17-2013

yeah id give all my credits for a overcrowded system

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Strobel - 07-17-2013

(07-17-2013, 03:45 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:
(07-16-2013, 08:05 PM)Strobel Wrote: Frankly I'm not a fan of the Oita placement at all. It's been an independent system (for a reason I believe) and in the future it'll be Kusari space? Does IND lose control over the system as well or do we keep our guard system?

If anything, I believe it makes more sense now - it is no longer only accessible through House guard systems, which should suit the headquarters of the Renzu Corporation, a Kusari-based civilian manufacturer. Oita may not be a system that is part of sovereign Kusari territory, but it does not quite classify as an Independent World.

While IND, the player faction, owns the system, it is not mechanically a guard system...

I was about to put quotation marks around guard system but discarded the idea in the end. Yes, it's an owned yet not a guard system as we're lacking even our own reputation on the sheet.

Well, I believe there was a reason to have an independent system not under the influence of any house. Also the location was - at least rp-wise - perfect to keep those people out who like to stick their noses into things not for them. I'm not quite sure now but even the info card of Wall Street Station should mention that safety was the biggest motion to get our feet into Oita.
Guess we'll just have to see what's coming up for us then.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - SummerMcLovin - 07-17-2013

(07-17-2013, 11:43 AM)Oorn Wrote: Major interhouse route, epic war scrapfield, junkers base, gmg operations, SUDENLY both corsair and outcast base, all in a fairly small system, made even smaller by hazards

From what I remember hearing, the scrap field will be finally cleared by the Junkers and ALG. I also heard some discussion about what to do with Helgoland (I think Kishiro was going to buy it) but don't think it is going through this version. Yanagi is definitely going though, might be taken over by the Corsairs depending on where those bases are being placed. The jumpholes are changing/being removed, as are some bases - you have no idea what it'll look like so I'll reiterate my "don't Q_Q until you know what it'll be like".

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - DusanDule - 07-17-2013

Well, only what is changed to that map is: Bastille and Connecticut are moved to the lower left corner, Bunch of systems are changed its position on the map and only new system is Omicron Rho.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - SummerMcLovin - 07-17-2013

I'm not entirely sure you noticed this thread in front of you.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Salmin - 07-17-2013

My opinion of the 4.87 map.:
Did not see any difference between 4.86. I am still waste a lot of time to find someone for RP or PvP and will waste it in 4.87. It's very boring.
Just /conn for PvP makes me happy.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Kazinsal - 07-17-2013

People are whining about the devs' attempt to shift activity centres to a system that's not New York.

That's rich.

RE: Discovery 4.87 Universe Map - Rodnas - 07-17-2013

Meh, not impressed for the "sair side of sirius" - honestly - first everyone complains about the sair and oc players want to cuddle, then the playerbase agrees we will try to clash more often to "fulfill our destiny"- and then we get a system connection design that screw us over even more then the catastrophy lambda already is.
Sorry, but Eta has bases of both actions, too- and how often do they fight there?
Never - because the players are about as lazy as a herd of sloths....the only thing that will be achieved by the current setup is that the we will try to cuddle again and the sigmas are dead in terms of sair activity.
I am not a fan of mouthfeeding folks but is it really necessary to throw sticks between the players legs?
I wouldn't call myself lazy in terms of willingness to fly around in autopilot to reach my destination- but it is already far from gamma to get to the sigmas...why make the way longer? My impression is that the average player takes 30s longer flight times as a serious offense and kills over his activity in the region....

ah well...