Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Star Citizen? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Discovery Star Citizen? (/showthread.php?tid=102731)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Discovery Star Citizen? - bombstrap - 08-03-2013

To all the Disco Dev's (or anyone who knows them)

Will you make a discovery mod for Star Citizen? Have you considered it?
Chris Roberts is encouraging modding in his new game Star Citizen and is even making tools for modding so users can make their own mods!

I know SC is a loooong way away (they think about two years), but it seems like a great prospect to integrate freelancer into Star Citizen (ships, bases, systems) and think of some brand new ideas to implement SC's great features.

Imagine the Sirius sector with real scaling and physics, not to mention the outstanding graphics and game play; freelancer in a new game! But I'm not just saying put freelancer into a new game, there are many other options to go in different directions completely.

I'm sure some of the Freelancer Official and Unofficial Player factions will be reincarnated in Star Citizen, but why not the discovery mod altogether?

Just something to think about
Wink

Anyone feel free to elaborate, or post some thoughts about this subject

RE: Discovery Star Citizen? - sindroms - 08-03-2013

Cannon has interest in that, as far as I know. I am sure others do as well.

RE: Discovery Star Citizen? - Narcotic - 08-03-2013

Let's hope that Chris will publish the source code for modders.

RE: Discovery Star Citizen? - aakopa - 08-03-2013

You mean: thrown freelancer stuff: system, bases, etc to SC, yeaa that would be cool idea because SC use cryengine 3...

RE: Discovery Star Citizen? - Savas - 08-03-2013

I've always wanted to fly a hi-res Starflea; consider me hopeful for this.

RE: Discovery Star Citizen? - Landers - 08-03-2013

That'd raise Disco's system requirements pretty hard.

RE: Discovery Star Citizen? - Bootsiuv - 08-03-2013

(08-03-2013, 05:28 PM)Lexar Wrote: To all the Disco Dev's (or anyone who knows them)
Imagine the Sirius sector with real scaling...

LOL!

People complain about it being too big now.

If it was to scale, it would have to be pretty damned huge dude...like unfathomably large for just one system.

RE: Discovery Star Citizen? - Sheaim - 08-03-2013

8 to 24 million kilometers from Manhattan to West Point? pf - only a few days in cruise!
And imagine two hours of docking animation on planets...

RE: Discovery Star Citizen? - Bootsiuv - 08-04-2013

If it was only 8 million kilometers, and cruze speeds were the same, and if my math is correct, which it may not be...

it would take ~270 days to cruze that distance at a speed of 350 meters a second, or about 9 months.

Better get a sandwich yo....

RE: Discovery Star Citizen? - Beauenheim - 08-04-2013

(08-04-2013, 01:50 AM)Bootsiuv Wrote: If it was only 8 million kilometers, and cruze speeds were the same, and if my math is correct, which it may not be...

it would take ~270 days to cruze that distance at a speed of 350 meters a second, or about 9 months.

Better get a sandwich yo....

What if you get cd'd?